HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 13, 2013, 04:06 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,823 Posts
Have you checked that your piro comp is acting in the right sense?
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2013, 04:49 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynerd313 View Post
I think it's worse when I give full inputs. If I do a nice gently roll or flip it's not as bad. Any ideas? Anyone?
I would do a total reset with a new model. I had a similar problem and found my 8 deg and pitch to be wrong.
Once I did the total reset it was fixed. I did find if I tried fixing one problem something else was messed up. These controllers don't seem to like it when you just change one thing .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Jul 13, 2013, 06:57 PM
Joined Apr 2013
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
I would do a total reset with a new model. I had a similar problem and found my 8 deg and pitch to be wrong.
Once I did the total reset it was fixed. I did find if I tried fixing one problem something else was messed up. These controllers don't seem to like it when you just change one thing .
How do I do a total reset? Once I do that and redo the model in the dx6i, can i simply load my saved config file back in or do i need to redo the entire setup from scratch?
waynerd313 is offline Find More Posts by waynerd313
Old Jul 13, 2013, 07:02 PM
Joined Apr 2013
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Have you checked that your piro comp is acting in the right sense?
Yes, piros are okay.
waynerd313 is offline Find More Posts by waynerd313
Old Jul 13, 2013, 08:24 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynerd313 View Post
How do I do a total reset? Once I do that and redo the model in the dx6i, can i simply load my saved config file back in or do i need to redo the entire setup from scratch?
You should be able to load the .ini file, but if there's some odd setting in that, maybe the problem will persist. You could post the text from the .ini file here, there might be something that stands out.
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Jul 13, 2013, 08:46 PM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2012
508 Posts
well been trying to get this zyx set up and am stumped. is anyone willing to help do a setup over the phone? im running a dx6i and a 450 clone . want to start from scratch with someone. i'd really like to get this going. im good till i get to the part of making all the servos to do the right thing. not sure what im doing wrong
stormheli is offline Find More Posts by stormheli
Old Jul 13, 2013, 09:11 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,174 Posts
I would , but I have no idea how to setup with a spectrum radio. All mine are futaba , and just finished learning the 8FG super
Old Jul 13, 2013, 10:39 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
I would , but I have no idea how to setup with a spectrum radio. All mine are futaba , and just finished learning the 8FG super
Sorry for off topic. What do you think about the FG8?

I like the idead o a model timelog to show how many hrs a model has done.
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Jul 13, 2013, 10:51 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,174 Posts
I like it now
I went from the 7C to the 8 because of its unlimited memory . it took a while to get use to it but it does a lot more than the 7, and i think easier to setup too. It has a setting that you can program say , sub trim , d/r or anything you usually go into all the time to do a setup by pushing one button than thumbing through each menu to find it .

I didn't know about the time log thing , see still learning how to use this thing
Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:35 PM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
Is the module removeable like some cheap TX (9x) and what clone rx options do you have?

I'm looking at a new branded mid level TX for my heli's keep the 9x for fpv hacking
Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:49 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,174 Posts
No module , not like any of the older radios . they use to have a removable black box in the back . No bind push button either , just on the rx . turn the radio on while pushing the rx bind button and wait for the green light .
I would get the 14 instead though , it is capable of using the fhss or cheaper rx's , the super 8 only uses the fast rx. If it will be the last radio you want then an extra 100.00 will be worth it . I wish it was out when i bought my 8 .
Also , wait till they have their buy the radio and get a free extra 7 channel rx . Usually they have the sale every year.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 12:27 AM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
Thanks for the info Jombo
Old Jul 14, 2013, 06:53 AM
Whoops was it always in 2 bits
United Kingdom, England, Rotherham
Joined Oct 2008
1,364 Posts
I seem to be having an issue with the newly installed ZYX on my Trex600.

Almost everything is OK for now with gentle flights and in hover she is 100% level, the heli CG is also spot on.

However, when I piro the heli wants to lean backwards, i.e. after a quick 180 piro the heli is leaning back about 30 degrees. I can compensate if a remember to push slightly forwards during the piro but this is annoying.

Which setting would you start with when trying to fix this?

I have checked the Piro Optimization and this is set correctly.

Cheers
Kev
bionicbone is offline Find More Posts by bionicbone
Old Jul 14, 2013, 07:04 AM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
What pre-set program setting have you selected? i.e Beginner, F-3C .....
Old Jul 14, 2013, 07:16 AM
Whoops was it always in 2 bits
United Kingdom, England, Rotherham
Joined Oct 2008
1,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy View Post
what pre-set program setting have you selected? I.e beginner, f-3c .....
f3c
bionicbone is offline Find More Posts by bionicbone