HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 23, 2015, 04:18 PM
United States, MI, Muskegon
Joined Jul 2014
13 Posts
Help!
Getting Involved in IMAC

I am new to the RC world. Got hooked last year watching a friend fly at the local club, the rest is history. I am very PC/tech savoy and have logged more hours than over the course of this year then most people do in a few years of normal flying. Crash, crash, crash - it's all good when you just gotta hit that red button for a reset.

Too bad models don't come with a 're-wind' function. Screw AS3X - give me 30 second roll back!

Anyway - I have gotten pretty good considering the short time span I've been flying. I love 3D. That's all I do, if I'm not rolling or stalling or hovering or blendering, it's because I crashed on the move before. I don't fly straight - I'm not convinced that I actually CAN - (I'm pretty sure I can)

So with that said - one of my goals for this year is to fly an IMAC Known (undecided level) this year. I can bang the sticks and wring it out - but I lack finesse and would like to learn in a more controlled environment - and more importantly - meet and fly with people who are much better than I am, so I also get better too! I try to immerse myself in the top level of whatever I'm into. It's not about being able to hang at that point - it's about absorbing and watching (also learning that the sky's the limit!)

So what I'm having a difficult time with is getting started or pointed in the right direction - to gear myself up for competition.

I'd be grateful for any links, helpful suggestions, youtube videos, etc...

Thank you!

I've looked at the IMAC official sheets for (I think there's 8 levels of IMAC known?) but I have no idea what the moves are called, proper execution and so forth. I've spent some time googling
Sanjo is online now Find More Posts by Sanjo
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2015, 06:55 PM
Look out below
United States, OR, McMinnville
Joined Aug 2011
1,629 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/competition-aerobatics-32/

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1608468

Becoming A Better Pilot: Flying Smooth (9 min 41 sec)
mcnowhere is offline Find More Posts by mcnowhere
Last edited by mcnowhere; Mar 23, 2015 at 07:07 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 07:03 PM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
5,267 Posts
I didn't know there was an IMAC simulator competition! Amazing!
Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Mar 23, 2015, 08:07 PM
United States, MI, Muskegon
Joined Jul 2014
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnowhere View Post
Oh excellent, I didn't even see this subforum under the gas section.

If a mod wants to move this, that'd be great
Sanjo is online now Find More Posts by Sanjo
Old Mar 23, 2015, 08:40 PM
Look out below
United States, OR, McMinnville
Joined Aug 2011
1,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjo View Post
Oh excellent, I didn't even see this subforum under the gas section.

If a mod wants to move this, that'd be great
Faster if you just close this one and post a new one over there.
mcnowhere is offline Find More Posts by mcnowhere