HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:35 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,078 Posts
according to other guys comments the LBV1 is the ONLY micro that does manual flips (maybe V2 does as well ... btw, V2 does not have 6axis mode)

mjx does flips and rolls the same way like V939 - either on a button push OR by moving the stick 100%. It does this only in one of its two modes, the PRO mode. Wont flip on normal

sh6043 and minipet I dont have.

BlueHavoc just posted how the SymaX1 does the flips yesterday on another thread.
(oh, I I got a flip video for the mjx on my youtube channel:
FLIPS and ROLLS with the MJX X100 best of part1 (1 min 49 sec)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Did I FLY today??
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:40 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,465 Posts
The MJX X100 has a "Pro switch" for flips. When "Pro" is selected you can flip in any direction with the pitch/roll stick. Also and only when "Pro" is selected you can do a flip the "mode button" on the bottom right of the Tx. The flip with the "mode button" is always forward.

Edit: Guess I should have refreshed before sending to see the above post Thanks for posting the videos E

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Sep 08, 2012, 11:06 AM
Chicago 'burbs
Joined Oct 2004
98 Posts
Does anyone know if the Syma X1 or WL V929 fly that much differently than a Blade MQX?

In other words, if I have an MQX is it worth buying either one these?
richh is offline Find More Posts by richh
Old Sep 08, 2012, 11:16 AM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richh View Post
Does anyone know if the Syma X1 or WL V929 fly that much differently than a Blade MQX?

I own an MQX & an X1, & I like both. The Think of the X1 as a slightly tamed down MQX, Still very fun to fly imho, & I like the flip button also
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Sep 08, 2012, 02:28 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard View Post
...I'd like to find a micro that does only manual flips, may be harder to learn. The roll type flip of the LB2 sounds interesting but it is what I've heard, not confirmed.
For manual flips: mQx (from experience), Ladybird V1 (seen in videos), Ladybird V2 (as far as I know).
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Sep 08, 2012, 02:31 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richh View Post

If nothing else, you should be able to use a Syma X1 or V929 as a source of less expensive spare parts than stock Blade mQx parts.
One can probably take an X1 or V929, replace the controller board and frame with an mQx board and frame to make a hybrid that binds to DSM2 but is less expensive than an mQx.

If you like an auto-flip cabability, an mQx does not have it, a V929 does, and I think an X1 does.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Sep 08, 2012, 11:47 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Yet another quad, this one is from HiSky.

My translation:

4 Axis Flying Device
360 degrees unlimited flip
To pair up with: CY400 (transmitter)

USD 47

Due to problems with package design, the quad was originally planned to be on sale in late July but it couldn't. Sorry!

HiSKY: http://www.chiyuan.net/
Online Shop: http://hisky-hobby.taobao.com/
Found a 2 videos of it in action:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDQ1NjYzMzAw.html

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDM1MTQyMDky.html
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Sep 09, 2012, 12:25 AM
Grrr :-)
Levittown PA 19057
Joined Aug 2006
438 Posts
I am really surprised no market has popped up for aftermarket "canopies" for these things. anyone who "has" the means would find it pretty easy to make them and cheap too and since they are all the "same size" for the most part you really could almost do a one size fits all canopy.

do a 929 sized canopy and it would fit all 929 and LB sized quads just fine.

I am also wondering when someone is going to make one of these things fly inverted. the tiny direct drive units (u816 or ladybird) should be able to stop reverse and spin up the blades in reverse fast enough (tiny direct drive low inertia) fast enough to remain airborne and have all the controls "flip" in the TX so it flies like normal but "upside down"

also even though the gyro's are sloppy I like my U816 EDI unit better than the Ladybird (although the LB is higher quality there is mixing in the throttle and Z rotation that I can't resolve that is annoying and not present in the U816)

where can I get more PROPS for the U816? I want to order a few dozen (just in case)

---> Bang Good has props $1.20 but I ordered 11 sets for $10.12 (92cents a set) nice.
nerys is offline Find More Posts by nerys
Last edited by nerys; Sep 09, 2012 at 01:34 AM.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 12:57 AM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,092 Posts
Regarding the Syma X1, have a look at the video in this ebay listing....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180966267162...84.m1423.l2649

it's the same "press the button and flip" routine that most of the other brands have implemented, I'm glad the mQx does not have that in its programming.
Do manufacturers really believe we all need these kind of gimmicks built in?
It certainly makes it easier to see where the line is between toys and multicopters I guess.
I bought a v929 bnf only to use it as a cheap parts donor for the mQx, it looks as though the Syma is the same design but no bnf version around so far.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Sep 09, 2012, 01:51 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mono View Post
Regarding the Syma X1, have a look at the video in this ebay listing....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180966267162...84.m1423.l2649

it's the same "press the button and flip" routine that most of the other brands have implemented, I'm glad the mQx does not have that in its programming.
Do manufacturers really believe we all need these kind of gimmicks built in?
It certainly makes it easier to see where the line is between toys and multicopters I guess.
I bought a v929 bnf only to use it as a cheap parts donor for the mQx, it looks as though the Syma is the same design but no bnf version around so far.
check my blog, the parts on the syma are NOT just interchangeable with the mQX as the V929 parts seem to be (motors look smaller to me, gears ARE smaller, pinions are POM etc. )
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=114

different craft IMHO
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Did I FLY today??
Old Sep 09, 2012, 03:16 AM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Syma X1 first look

different craft IMHO

Nice to see that pig from you

rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
Old Sep 09, 2012, 03:19 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,941 Posts
Hi all, I just wondered if there is one stand out model amongst the ladybird clones? After skimming this and a few other sources of info it seems the pet ticks more boxes.

Anyway, I'm interested what others think.

Thanks in advance

Gerry
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Sep 09, 2012, 06:19 AM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,092 Posts
thanks for the info E2

I wasn't intending to buy the Syma, as the mQx and v929 are more than enough for me as far as 4 rotor toys are concerned, would rather put together a decent programmable quad if I develop more than a passing interest in multis.
There akways seems to be too many distractions, too little time (or too little money) in this hobby,
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:01 AM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
I am really surprised no market has popped up for aftermarket "canopies" for these things. anyone who "has" the means would find it pretty easy to make them and cheap too and since they are all the "same size" for the most part you really could almost do a one size fits all canopy.

I'm not sure since I only own a 929, but it is bigger than any of the LB clones, so I would assume the canopies are not interchangeable.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Sep 09, 2012, 11:45 AM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post

I am also wondering when someone is going to make one of these things fly inverted. the tiny direct drive units (u816 or ladybird) should be able to stop reverse and spin up the blades in reverse fast enough (tiny direct drive low inertia) fast enough to remain airborne and have all the controls "flip" in the TX so it flies like normal but "upside down"

also even though the gyro's are sloppy I like my U816 EDI unit better than the Ladybird (although the LB is higher quality there is mixing in the throttle and Z rotation that I can't resolve that is annoying and not present in the U816)

where can I get more PROPS for the U816? I want to order a few dozen (just in case)

---> Bang Good has props $1.20 but I ordered 11 sets for $10.12 (92cents a set) nice.
there is a market for aftermarket canopies, just go to ebay and search MQX canopies or google it. Mia canopies and aftermarket add ons come to mind...
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc