HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:25 PM
Registered User
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
7,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailr View Post
WHAT do YOU consider good numbers.
Anything with FOM of 1.0 or higher.

More info here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post20484169

And here: http://www.jj604.com/LiPoTool/

Not too familiar with Hyperion IR measurement capabilities but I am aware that there have been some recent firmware changes that made some improvements. As such, recommend that you watch the Hyperion thread or perhaps contact Mr Mel for his recommendation.

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:49 PM
You can't take the sky from me
scott page's Avatar
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pardus View Post
Put 8 x Haiyin batteries in my shopping cart at haiyin.com, from 800mAh to 5000mAh, total came to US$203 - fine, that's competitive... then checked the postage = US$154! That's the cheapest international option.

Hobbyking's cart for the same size packs came to US$194 with postage at US$53. Postage cost is 1/3rd, both warehouses are in Hong Kong, Haiyin uses Fedex, HK uses SingPost.

Sorry Haiyin, I can't afford US$154 just for postage...
O wow, to South Africa. I'm guess I'm very lucky that they have a warehouse in the U.S.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:45 PM
ancora imparo
jj604's Avatar
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,326 Posts
sailr, what firmware on the Hyperion?

If it reports individual cell IR when you toggle through the balance screens then it is the latest firmware and in my testing gives values for IR on good packs that are very close to the ESR meter and iCharger numbers. Mine is v 5.8.

Earlier firmware did not give accurate IR values and was pack only. Note you only see cell IR on the charger display - the EOS suite does not display it.

UPDATE: The individual cell IR shows in a popup on the software screen if you hover the mouse over the IR box.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailr View Post
I used my hyperion 720 Super Duo to measure the IR at room temp, about 78 F.
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604
Last edited by jj604; Jan 30, 2013 at 02:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:11 AM
Graham Dyer
pardus's Avatar
Johannesburg, South Africa
Joined Jul 2003
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page View Post
O wow, to South Africa. I'm guess I'm very lucky that they have a warehouse in the U.S.
Yup, crazy, if postage is 75% of the cost, it's just not economical no matter how good the batteries. If they can bring this down to a more acceptable level then I'll buy, are you listening Haiyin?
pardus is offline Find More Posts by pardus
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:49 AM
Batteries
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central
Joined Aug 2011
94 Posts
Always Listening

Since 03Jan13, IATA Members such as FedEx, UPS and DHL can no longer ship more than "2 Lipo packs per box" outbound from Hong Kong ( i.e. no bulk shipping ). The extra weight & additional size of the shipment will add to cost.

HAIYIN do not mark up shipping costs and courier costs to South Africa are indeed high!

If there is a cheaper way to ship declared Lipos from Hong Kong, we are all ears!
HAIYIN is offline Find More Posts by HAIYIN
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:05 AM
Graham Dyer
pardus's Avatar
Johannesburg, South Africa
Joined Jul 2003
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAIYIN View Post
Always Listening

Since 03Jan13, IATA Members such as FedEx, UPS and DHL can no longer ship more than "2 Lipo packs per box" outbound from Hong Kong ( i.e. no bulk shipping ). The extra weight & additional size of the shipment will add to cost.

HAIYIN do not mark up shipping costs and courier costs to South Africa are indeed high!

If there is a cheaper way to ship declared Lipos from Hong Kong, we are all ears!
Thank you for the response and explanation, could you ship through Sing Post?

Edit: I checked shipping for 2 x H800.3S.20, its still $72 for $17 worth of batteries, I think you should tell Fedex to take a hike.
pardus is offline Find More Posts by pardus
Last edited by pardus; Jan 30, 2013 at 06:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:02 AM
Batteries
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central
Joined Aug 2011
94 Posts
We used to ship via SingPost before the changes
Best regards
HAIYIN is offline Find More Posts by HAIYIN
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:30 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Jan 2013
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
Man they are heavy buggers 3s1p2200 is 220 grams
And pricy.....
hoggdoc is online now Find More Posts by hoggdoc
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:00 AM
Registered User
Land O' Lakes, FL
Joined Aug 2003
896 Posts
I guess I don't have the latest version of software! I'll check into downloading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604 View Post
sailr, what firmware on the Hyperion?

If it reports individual cell IR when you toggle through the balance screens then it is the latest firmware and in my testing gives values for IR on good packs that are very close to the ESR meter and iCharger numbers. Mine is v 5.8.

Earlier firmware did not give accurate IR values and was pack only. Note you only see cell IR on the charger display - the EOS suite does not display it.

UPDATE: The individual cell IR shows in a popup on the software screen if you hover the mouse over the IR box.

John
sailr is offline Find More Posts by sailr
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:03 AM
Registered User
Land O' Lakes, FL
Joined Aug 2003
896 Posts
Hint, hint...it sounds like some other vendors are cheating and not really legally "declaring" lipos in their shipments. At least Haiyin is following the laws and being honest although it hurts their shipping costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAIYIN View Post
Always Listening

Since 03Jan13, IATA Members such as FedEx, UPS and DHL can no longer ship more than "2 Lipo packs per box" outbound from Hong Kong ( i.e. no bulk shipping ). The extra weight & additional size of the shipment will add to cost.

HAIYIN do not mark up shipping costs and courier costs to South Africa are indeed high!

If there is a cheaper way to ship declared Lipos from Hong Kong, we are all ears!
sailr is offline Find More Posts by sailr
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:00 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pardus View Post
Thank you for the response and explanation, could you ship through Sing Post?

Edit: I checked shipping for 2 x H800.3S.20, its still $72 for $17 worth of batteries, I think you should tell Fedex to take a hike.
Hi
Not taking sides here but I had occassion to order some parts from a USA source who had no UK stockist .
Cost of parts were very small but transport ( not postage ) was into telephone numbers .
Tried to get some explaination but got take it or leave it .
Between rock and hard place so got the parts sent to a friends USA address and he posted them out at very acceptable charges
I have noticed that purchasing from Hobby King and come to check out sometimes you get a comment that you can add a further ? grams to the order at no extra charge for postage .
Many of their products show a unit weight
I would suspect that a pricing deal is set up with various couriers based on fixed weight blocks so if your goods were only 0.5Kg they perhaps fell into the 0 to 9.99 Kg banding and charge was reflected accordinly .
Stand corrected and could well be wrong

Jim
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:13 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Haiyin -UK stockist

Hailin appear to be getting good reports.

Have done a quick Google search and didn't come up with a UK stockist .
Does anyone have a UK source who has stock and not just ordering to order.
With the comment from Haiyin regarding shipping quantity restrictions .possibly may lead to extended lead times
Shoot me down if it has been covered in earlier posts but did a quick read through and nothing specific noticed


Cheers Jim
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:13 PM
Registered User
Rugby, UK
Joined Feb 2007
857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimob23 View Post
Hailin appear to be getting good reports.

Have done a quick Google search and didn't come up with a UK stockist .
Does anyone have a UK source who has stock and not just ordering to order.



Cheers Jim
Jim,

Electriflyer keep Haiyins but they are a fairly recent addition so that quantities are not vast as yet.

See. http://ElectriFlyer.co.uk/?s=Haiyin

Wayne
Wayne Giles is online now Find More Posts by Wayne Giles
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:02 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Giles View Post
Jim,

Electriflyer keep Haiyins but they are a fairly recent addition so that quantities are not vast as yet.

See. http://ElectriFlyer.co.uk/?s=Haiyin

Wayne
Thanks Wayne

Will be looking them up

Jim
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:13 AM
Graham Dyer
pardus's Avatar
Johannesburg, South Africa
Joined Jul 2003
700 Posts
Just an update, I eventually ordered batteries from another chinese supplier, shipping cost was $63 for $200's worth of batts. My first choice however was Haiyin, as everybody seems happy with them and their prices are good.
pardus is offline Find More Posts by pardus
Last edited by pardus; Feb 05, 2013 at 07:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Welcome to our official Venom Group International / RC Groups product support forum! Chris Nicastro Venom 84 Feb 06, 2012 11:15 PM
Discussion Haiyin LiPo Batteries ggroyal1117 Batteries and Chargers 7 Dec 14, 2011 04:01 PM
Discussion RC groups on a Smartphone Scottmac737 Site Chat 4 Sep 27, 2011 01:56 PM
Discussion Bought some Bad Batteries off a guy at RC Groups DaveBC Trader Talk 26 Mar 09, 2011 05:11 PM