HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 22, 2014, 02:21 AM
Joined Sep 2014
1 Posts
Discussion
Flight Time

i have two questions

How can i calculate the flight time related to the Quadcopter variety weights?

Sequence of choosing the Lipo values?

Thanks!
Adel attyah is offline Find More Posts by Adel attyah
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2014, 04:57 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,808 Posts
To be honest it's not really practical to calculate it with any certainty from scratch unless you have a lot of data on the efficiency of all the components and the props and a bunch of other stuff.

On the other hand if you know from actual flight testing how long it flies at a certain weight then you could make a pretty good estimate of the effect of changing the weight based on the rough rule that flight time is inversely proportional to weight... so if you double the weight flight time halves, if you half the weight flight time doubles, and so on.

You can use the same rule to estimate the effect of increased battery capacity, double capacity means double the flight time, however if that new battery is heavier (which it will be) you need to also factor in the negative effect of increase in weight.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Sep 22, 2014, 05:58 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adel attyah View Post
i have two questions

How can i calculate the flight time related to the Quadcopter variety weights?

Sequence of choosing the Lipo values?

Thanks!

In order to get the most accurate information it is best to go to the most knowledgeable source. If your car was making strange noises you would seek out an automotive mechanice not a plumber or carpentar ,correct? Here at RC Groups there are many Forums with many Sub Forumns. Those who are really into Quads / Multirotors tend to hang out here

not in Batteries and Chargers.

http://www.rcgroups.com/multirotor-talk-659/

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Sep 22, 2014 at 06:04 AM.