HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2014, 01:09 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,288 Posts
Question
Small flying wing for fpv

I was looking for a small to medium flying wing to set up for fpv. I was wondering what are some of the smallest flying wings you guys have used for fpv?

I want something fairly maneuverable that can handle a pz0420 and rmrc 400mw vtx. Would this be too small? http://twistedhobbys.com/Telink-35-T...range-BLue.htm
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2014, 01:11 AM
FPV Pilot
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2007
2,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
I was looking for a small to medium flying wing to set up for fpv. I was wondering what are some of the smallest flying wings you guys have used for fpv?

I want something fairly maneuverable that can handle a pz0420 and rmrc 400mw vtx.
Check out Johnnymeg's "LEGIT WING'.
blueprint is online now Find More Posts by blueprint
Old Jan 04, 2014, 04:21 AM
CunningStuntsFPV
Australia, WA, Dirk Hartog Island
Joined Dec 2012
636 Posts
Well it's not small, but it goes real good...ok for light proximity, but excellent as a range FPV craft......sooo efficient if done right!
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...50mm_KIT_.html
Phantom wing.......end search. Check it........holds # 5 for distance records on fpvlab
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....ARDERBOARDS%29
( top two are gassers so really no 3; and then consider it's not a glider with a three metre wingspan, (which is at number three) and you got basically the BEST, "off the shelf", long range fpv craft on the market; do some searching, it's grouse!. I want to go 50+ this year with mine, and it's totally achievable with good planning and preparation. Here's my PB AT #27....Nutbag is at #5 with this wing....read his post's....It's a blueprint for going long.
PS....He will share his LR knowledge with anyone that can post a 40+ return....Takers?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2066607
post #5
figgoat is offline Find More Posts by figgoat
Last edited by figgoat; Jan 04, 2014 at 04:27 AM.
Old Jan 04, 2014, 06:18 AM
FPV Proximity is FUN!
Australia, WA, York
Joined May 2012
1,489 Posts
Teksumo
fOaMmaSh87 is offline Find More Posts by fOaMmaSh87
Old Jan 04, 2014, 09:22 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fOaMmaSh87 View Post
Teksumo
What's the wingspan on the teksumo? I ask cause I can get a discount on the Toro from twisted hobbys which is a 35" wingspan. If they're around the same size I may give the Toro a go.

After poking around at fpv lab I found a thread on fpv aerobatics and that is what I would like to get into. I'm heavy into 3d aerobatics los and would like to try some more scale aerobatics fpv. After I gain some fpv experience on something like a epp wing I would like to try an aerobatic fpv platform.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Jan 05, 2014, 02:03 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
What's the wingspan on the teksumo? I ask cause I can get a discount on the Toro from twisted hobbys which is a 35" wingspan. If they're around the same size I may give the Toro a go.

After poking around at fpv lab I found a thread on fpv aerobatics and that is what I would like to get into. I'm heavy into 3d aerobatics los and would like to try some more scale aerobatics fpv. After I gain some fpv experience on something like a epp wing I would like to try an aerobatic fpv platform.
900mm the thing is damn near indestructible. I have one, my buddy bought one and I am going to be buying another for myself.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz