HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:57 PM
Joined Jan 2013
22 Posts
3.53.13 ??

3.53.13 - Align 600e fly-bar Scale heli.

Only 6 seconds to ramp up from 0-1450 rpm on the low (2) setting of the "initial spool-up rate" of a total range between 0-20 ?

Setting it lower to either 1 or even 0 makes no difference?

Still cannot read all of the graph?

How many years has this product been on the market again?
Scott999 is offline Find More Posts by Scott999
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:45 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott999 View Post
3.53.13 - Align 600e fly-bar Scale heli.

Only 6 seconds to ramp up from 0-1450 rpm on the low (2) setting of the "initial spool-up rate" of a total range between 0-20 ?

Setting it lower to either 1 or even 0 makes no difference?

Still cannot read all of the graph?

How many years has this product been on the market again?
That graphics viewer jus keeps getting worse and worse with every new update Ė why do they keep messing it up when it has been perfect for years?????????????????

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:45 PM
Joined Sep 2012
29 Posts
Hi, any documentacion about 3.53.13......Changes?
Thanks
Marcos Sallua is offline Find More Posts by Marcos Sallua
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:15 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,801 Posts
According to Castle:

"•Bug Fix: Certain car controllers were failing to update. This release addresses that issue and will restore units that failed to update to working condition"

Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:44 AM
Chicago 'burbs
Joined May 2006
1,698 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, none of these issues relates to the change from 4.02 "beta" to just plain old 4.02.

It sounds like the same issues that existed between the original beta 4.02 and 3.27
Alan Hahn is offline Find More Posts by Alan Hahn
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:54 AM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2009
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
Scott are you trying to slow down the blade spin up speed or what? Headspeed change rate does not control that.

The first second of spoolup is controlled by Motor Start Power (motor tab). After that it’s controlled by the Spool-up Rate.

Headspeed change is for switching between the three flight modes and autorotations.

I don't think that the Headspeed Change Rate affects only the switching between the three flight modes. I think that it affects any motor RPM change dictated by the governor, when in governor mode, or by the throttle stick, when non-governed.

Could someone from Castle shed a light on this, please? Thanks.
3Dmuse is offline Find More Posts by 3Dmuse
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:20 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dmuse View Post
I don't think that the Headspeed Change Rate affects only the switching between the three flight modes. I think that it affects any motor RPM change dictated by the governor, when in governor mode, or by the throttle stick, when non-governed.

Could someone from Castle shed a light on this, please? Thanks.

This is copied from the Instructions: - Castle Link Help.

Help: ’Head Speed Change Rate'

This setting controls how quickly the power is ramped up or down in two different situations. First, it is used to control the power ramp when switching from one head speed to another in any of the governor modes. Secondly, it is also used to control how fast the power will ramp when recovering from an Auto-Rotate motor stop. This setting will only work if you have selected a heli, control-line, or external governor vehicle-type. The higher the value, the faster the head will accelerate to the new head speed.

 Low (2)
Very slow head speed change

 Medium (5)
Medium head speed change

 High (8)
Fast head speed change

Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:15 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2009
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
This is copied from the Instructions: - Castle Link Help.

Help: íHead Speed Change Rate'

This setting controls how quickly the power is ramped up or down in two different situations. First, it is used to control the power ramp when switching from one head speed to another in any of the governor modes. Secondly, it is also used to control how fast the power will ramp when recovering from an Auto-Rotate motor stop. This setting will only work if you have selected a heli, control-line, or external governor vehicle-type. The higher the value, the faster the head will accelerate to the new head speed.

 Low (2)
Very slow head speed change

 Medium (5)
Medium head speed change

 High (8)
Fast head speed change

Here's why I think the Head Speed Change Rate does more than this: in non-governed mode and with the motor pinion disengaged from the main gear, I tried to see if there was a difference in the motor response to different values of the Head Speed Change Rate parameter. And there was. The motor responded more quickly to throttle stick changes when using higher values for this parameter than when using lower values.

This parameter might affect governed modes too and, in that case, there is sweet spot that is determined by both Governor Gain and Head Speed Change Rate, not only by Governor Gain.

Castle?
3Dmuse is offline Find More Posts by 3Dmuse
Old Apr 15, 2013, 09:50 AM
Grass Valley, Ca
Joined Dec 2005
47 Posts
Another thing to look out for is the timing settings on v4.02, it doesn't seem to work! I have been using v3.27 on a high kv outrunner, ice 50, in a 50mm edf jet, 4 cell, and getting about 650 watts with low timing. With the new v4.02 it tries to pull 1121 watts and melts the motor on these same settings. I have submitted a bug report.

What is going wrong with Castle? They don't actually fix stuff, just move the bugs around? I have talked with people that don't use Castle anymore because of this hit or miss software updating. I have been a big fan of Castle products for years, but honestly they need to have a major shift in philosophy. Check out their website, something like 20 new products coming out and they can't keep their old stuff running correctly?
Philip
RiverPhil is offline Find More Posts by RiverPhil
Old Apr 15, 2013, 03:54 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,801 Posts
4.00 and up has a different (new and improved) motor commutation algorithm. Maybe it’s just more efficient and makes more power. I have found that low timing and PWM or 12 KHz works best for most all my helicopters after upgrading the V4.02.

Have you considered a smaller pinion gear?

You can always call Tech Support and discuss it with them.