SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:21 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
rcalldaylong's Avatar
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danford1 View Post
Thanks guys for taking the time to respond.
I sent in the report to Paypal.
Now I can only continue to wait...
I still think I should receive the items I paid for.
I can then deal with the long return, restock process then wait for the shipping money to be refunded.
I could be flying a plane while I wait for all of that. I need the batteries I paid for to fly the plane...

Danford1
Danford,

any news update for us on the Paypal dispute?
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:31 AM
Innovator
danford1's Avatar
United States, MI, White Lake
Joined May 2011
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
Danford,

any news update for us on the Paypal dispute?
It isn't resolved yet. I sent an email to HK asking if they heard from Paypal, they said yes but still want me to send back the 1600mah batteries.
I said my usual, send me my paid for items and I will...

I waiting for the Paypal time period to expire and see what the next step is.

Danford1
danford1 is offline Find More Posts by danford1
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:59 AM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Remember that it isn't an EXPIRE!!! It is a deadline for YOU to escalate the issue and have PayPal resolve it. If you let it "expire"... PayPal treats it like you resolved it on your own.

First you dispute (within 45 days) then it your responsibility to escalate in the next (20?) days.
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:59 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
startazz's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
You don't have to be sorry for laughing at a joke. That's the point.
Yeah i know mate but some people on here can get a bit touchy so best to let people know i don't mean any harm.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:06 AM
Innovator
danford1's Avatar
United States, MI, White Lake
Joined May 2011
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
Remember that it isn't an EXPIRE!!! It is a deadline for YOU to escalate the issue and have PayPal resolve it. If you let it "expire"... PayPal treats it like you resolved it on your own.

First you dispute (within 45 days) then it your responsibility to escalate in the next (20?) days.
Thanks for explaining that. I "assumed" it automatically escalated. I was wrong
(that seems to happen a lot with me...) I'll go to Paypal now and see what I can do next.
Danford1

EDITED: I just escalated it. I only had two options, partial refund or full refund. I requested partial refund for the (2) batteries I ordered but never received. I said when I receive the refund, I'll send back the items I didn't order.
Now I have to wait and see what happens...
danford1 is offline Find More Posts by danford1
Last edited by danford1; Sep 18, 2012 at 11:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:50 AM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
The way you assumed it to be, is the logical way it should be. I assume (a lot of that going on) that they do it this way in hopes that you'll not read carefully. It really makes no sense the way they do it, but its just hoops to jump through, so jump.
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:11 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
rcalldaylong's Avatar
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
The way you assumed it to be, is the logical way it should be. I assume (a lot of that going on) that they do it this way in hopes that you'll not read carefully. It really makes no sense the way they do it, but its just hoops to jump through, so jump.
Well, you have to keep in mind the number of cases that are resolved and people never update nor notify paypal...so in a sense I agree with how paypal does it. Long story short the cases that aren't resolved are more likely to hit up paypal vs. the ones that are resolved.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:25 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
"Poor PayPal, having to do its job". Really? The customer has already done what they've been asked to do in starting the dispute. They shouldn't have to play another game of "are you really sure" at some ambiguous time between 0 and 20 day later.

The idea is that the customer initiates the dispute which is SUPPOSED to kick up some ON THE RECORD communication between the two parties. In other words, if nothing happens in those 20 days, PayPal is well aware that it hasn't been resolved. The natural conclusion to which, would be a default escalation to arbitration. The customer has already not found resolution through direct communication, which is the whole point in lodging the complaint in the first place.

So no, it doesn't make sense the way they do it. It has nothing to do with the number of cases and everything to do with protecting their larger interests... the merchants... over their smaller interests... individual customers.

What isn't helpful is placating customers that - more and more these days - seem to come to the defence of the party that really doesn't need defending.

HK's service is horrible. They literally rip people off. PayPal's protection from that is almost equally as horrible. Yet people are fine with it so long as it didn't happen to them??

Nice.
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:49 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
rcalldaylong's Avatar
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
"Poor PayPal, having to do its job". Really? The customer has already done what they've been asked to do in starting the dispute. They shouldn't have to play another game of "are you really sure" at some ambiguous time between 0 and 20 day later.

The idea is that the customer initiates the dispute which is SUPPOSED to kick up some ON THE RECORD communication between the two parties. In other words, if nothing happens in those 20 days, PayPal is well aware that it hasn't been resolved. The natural conclusion to which, would be a default escalation to arbitration. The customer has already not found resolution through direct communication, which is the whole point in lodging the complaint in the first place.

So no, it doesn't make sense the way they do it. It has nothing to do with the number of cases and everything to do with protecting their larger interests... the merchants... over their smaller interests... individual customers.

What isn't helpful is placating customers that - more and more these days - seem to come to the defence of the party that really doesn't need defending.

HK's service is horrible. They literally rip people off. PayPal's protection from that is almost equally as horrible. Yet people are fine with it so long as it didn't happen to them??

Nice.
I can guarantee you I'm not likely to care or update a case after it gets resolved- it's just human nature. Why burden paypal with a million open cases that needs follow-up when 90% should be closed. I'd rather them spend that time doing more useful stuff, like pick up the phone when I call them. Oh and the last dispute I had, they picked up the phone within 3 mins, resolved 5 mins later. Had they had a million useless cases to follow-up...I doubt it.


Oh and HK...
can you honestly say most of these folks that buy from HK is completely blind to HK's cs reputation?
All I have to say is 99.999999999999% of folks know how HK operates before buying...so it's no surprise when they have to take pictures, spend 3 months waiting on parts, have to ship DOA items back to china...etc....But yet, when something does go wrong, it's the end of the world...and that's why I defend HK.

And for the record, HK doesn't have a perfect record with me..so it HAS happened to me. I've had a broken 12x6 prop, DOA $3 servo, and my latest one...a missing windshield

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1598671

But you know what, I knew this prior to buying and I bought anyways, so I was fine with it. All I'm saying is if you know full well and buy, well, why so sour when it comes time to abide by it. And if you aren't willing to accept it, then well, there's your LHS, all the great US vendors, and everyone else.

so yea...I'm not just one of those guys that has a perfect record with HK and as you put it "fine with it so long as it didn't happen to them??"
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Last edited by rcalldaylong; Sep 18, 2012 at 02:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:38 AM
Innovator
danford1's Avatar
United States, MI, White Lake
Joined May 2011
357 Posts
I got a refund from HK

When I escalated my claim with Paypal I had two options to pick from, full refund or partial refund. I picked partial refund for the items I didn't receive but paid for.
I just check my Paypal account and I see HK gave me my refund.
Now I'll contact CS again and return what I didn't order.
Thanks for the help and support guys.
Cheers
Danford1
danford1 is offline Find More Posts by danford1
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:29 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
rcalldaylong's Avatar
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danford1 View Post
When I escalated my claim with Paypal I had two options to pick from, full refund or partial refund. I picked partial refund for the items I didn't receive but paid for.
I just check my Paypal account and I see HK gave me my refund.
Now I'll contact CS again and return what I didn't order.
Thanks for the help and support guys.
Cheers
Danford1
If hobbypartz has the same size size Lipo in stock, give those guys a try- they ship same day if you get it out early enough. They ship out of southern calif. and ship free after $50. I also recently started buying from Haiyin- they're a bit more pricier, but Lipos seem good quality and shipping is quick- they also have a usa warehouse.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:15 PM
Innovator
danford1's Avatar
United States, MI, White Lake
Joined May 2011
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
If hobbypartz has the same size size Lipo in stock, give those guys a try- they ship same day if you get it out early enough. They ship out of southern calif. and ship free after $50. I also recently started buying from Haiyin- they're a bit more pricier, but Lipos seem good quality and shipping is quick- they also have a usa warehouse.
\

Thanks, but I have all the batteries I need at the moment ;-)

Danford1
danford1 is offline Find More Posts by danford1
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:06 PM
Innovator
danford1's Avatar
United States, MI, White Lake
Joined May 2011
357 Posts
Update

I got a refund for the two batteries I paid for but never received.
I also got a refund for the return shipping of the batteries they shipped that I didn't order.
This issue is closed now.
Cheers.
Danford1
danford1 is offline Find More Posts by danford1
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rant "I will take it!" then nothing Caphead Trader Talk 47 Jul 26, 2012 05:14 PM
Discussion Taking pics from a quad, how do you acquire? spacecase Aerial Photography 9 Jun 29, 2012 10:09 AM
Question How do you take your Lipo batteries to the field? Left Coast DJ Batteries and Chargers 26 May 26, 2012 05:02 PM
How do you take your pictures? Crazyrcer Aerial Photography 5 Jul 30, 2005 07:01 AM
How do you take your pictures? Crazyrcer Aerial Photography 9 Jul 29, 2005 06:38 PM