SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 11, 2011, 08:40 PM
Joined Jun 2008
699 Posts
My LHS says they are due in on the 14th, I hope they are right!!
tamiyafan1975 is offline Find More Posts by tamiyafan1975
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2011, 10:25 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
3,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias View Post
Just not sure why HH doesn't wake up and smell the coffee and provide customers with better quality batteries and also not charge 3x's what Hyperion charges for a much better battery.
Hey, Chuck says you can't talk about that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
Ok Guys enough talk about the bits we don't want...
Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
Last edited by speedy01; Jul 12, 2011 at 08:02 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:12 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,434 Posts
Hey Speedy talk about what you want, you posted this

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
Ok Guys enough talk about the bits we don't want...
you left off the smiley that was attached to that comment "tongue in cheek" comment do you know how many chargers and batteries i have that i don't use

I use the Hyperion Batteries all the time now as i too find them the best on the market and even mention this in the up coming vid

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:16 PM
Joined Jun 2008
699 Posts
Let's see the vid chuck!!!!!!
tamiyafan1975 is offline Find More Posts by tamiyafan1975
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:34 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiyafan1975 View Post
Let's see the vid chuck!!!!!!
Chuck chuck chuck chant
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:19 AM
Park Stormer
United States, NJ, Brooklawn
Joined Jul 2008
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos81 View Post
at one point Blade was selling a "heli only" box on the mSR.

funny thing is that it's the one model you'd want all the accessories, 'cause it comes with 2 batteries, the 4-port charger and AC adapter! even if you already had that charger - you could get a good price for it on the classifieds here or ebay
There are also PNP versions of the UM 4-site and UMX Extra 300. In the case of the 4site, the price difference is pretty extreme. It's $130 for BNF, $80 for PNP (the BNF comes with the 4 port clectra charger).

The 4 site is offered for the same reasons as the mSR: people don't want to buy more than one 4 port charger. The extra however, probably isn't selling as well next to the beast, and now the sbach, so I'm guessing this is to make it a more attractive package.

my guess is we'll be seeing $70-$80 polecat PNP's by christmas time, as it's bound to get lost in the shuffle of newer UM's, as well as other tired but true UM's like the T-28.
AggressorBLUE is offline Find More Posts by AggressorBLUE
Last edited by AggressorBLUE; Jul 12, 2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:29 AM
Joined Dec 2007
3,434 Posts
Vids uploading to the tube right now, will be up in a few hours i guess, this HD stuff takes a while to load, just had a look and my guess would be in about 3 hours the way it's going

cheers chuck
Old Jul 12, 2011, 04:49 AM
Joined Dec 2007
3,434 Posts
Pole Cat Video Is Now Up..........

ok guys here it is, hope you enjoy

cheers chuck

Parkzone UMS Pole Cat (15 min 31 sec)
Old Jul 12, 2011, 05:40 AM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
Nice video as usual Chuck. Thanks for taking the time to do that for us. Boy, she really is a looker in my book! Can't wait to get my hands on one. Cheers

-B
Olias is offline Find More Posts by Olias
Old Jul 12, 2011, 05:48 AM
Bathurst, NSW, Oztralia
Joined Mar 2011
230 Posts
Good vid Chuck!
How was the roll rate and inverted flight? I am thinking that this might be my step up from the um t-28.
rooni79 is offline Find More Posts by rooni79
Old Jul 12, 2011, 06:04 AM
jason uk
wolverhampton(UK)
Joined Jun 2004
302 Posts
Another great vid ;-) cheers
I gotta get this plane
jaylad is offline Find More Posts by jaylad
Old Jul 12, 2011, 06:04 AM
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
Great vid - looks beautiful!
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88
Old Jul 12, 2011, 06:06 AM
Joined Dec 2007
3,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooni79 View Post
Good vid Chuck!
How was the roll rate and inverted flight? I am thinking that this might be my step up from the um t-28.
it rolled good, but in all honesty, it was just too dark for my eyes to be trying a few different maneuvers BUT! just watch a pro fly it in the Horizon video and you can see it will do everything expected of this UM, in the right hands i'm sure this will perform as wanted, i just wish i could fly like that, but i'm just a regular average flyer

i hope to get out again and get some more footage of this great little bird, lets hope the weathers good Saturday as my lady will be here then to film it for you all

cheers chuck
Old Jul 12, 2011, 06:12 AM
jason uk
wolverhampton(UK)
Joined Jun 2004
302 Posts
If you average that makes me useless lol
jaylad is offline Find More Posts by jaylad
Old Jul 12, 2011, 06:19 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,481 Posts
Wow, the foam is really awesome, thanks for showing it to us in details. Hope all future UMs come like that. Well, as long as it's not too brittle. (Sometime smoother foam is more brittle). Absolutely loved that full power handlaunch you made! Great little airplane for sure.

If I may, this is your best video so far, but.... Music was good, but was a bit too loud, particularly at the beginning (almost as loud as your voice so you may want to tone it down just a little in your next "most waited for" video, no matter what plane is coming up!). Also, during flight, it's literally covering the motor sound (which is a must to hear for us, yes, I know, we have heard those 8.5mm motors before, but it gives us a better idea of the speed of the airplane related to throttle input). Otherwise, it's definitively your best video for sure. It was like: bang, bang, bang, showing all the important stuff, very concise, and it was awesome that you had the XP and the Cat together for a great showdown, particularly on the foam quality.

Already looking forward for your next video. Hope it's a UMX Stryker! Keep them coming, Chuck, you're doing an awesome job. Remember though, we are jaleous, and we know where you live (well, somewhere in Australia). Horizon, put that guy on your Christmas list! He deserves it!
RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler