Old Oct 22, 2004, 08:34 PM
3dmp "It's Magical"
Richmond, VA
Joined Jul 2004
1,291 Posts
Question
Leveling The Corona Stock Head.

Leveling The Corona Stock Head. All,

Taking into consideration that there is no wind while lifting straight up into a hover; what is the best method to leveling the head in an attempt to achieve the least amount of drift as possible. If this is practical, would you get better results by off setting the pitch of the head to compensate drift instead of trying to set it level?

It seems that I need to apply a little too much cyclic stick movement in order to maintain a stationary position.... My cyclic stick movement is constant even with no wind.

All experience appreciated,

Mike
mikefaith is offline Find More Posts by mikefaith
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2004, 09:41 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
if you have setup according to the manual, and balanced everything well to get rid of vibration, you are set. as a beginner, you will be overcontrolling a bit. that is inevitable. certain amount of input is inevitable no matter what. the key is to do it such that you don't overcontrol. consider using the dual rate with right hand set to 60-75% to reduce sensitivity.
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2004, 09:31 PM
Northen CA, Bay Area
Joined Jun 2003
131 Posts
Corona head

I am putting my first one together and find that ball links on the swash plate are tighter than I care for. Just connecting two and moving the third by hand yields more friction that I had hoped for. Is this normal and will it losen up a bit without being an issue? If not, what is the best way to provide some room?

Thanks in advance.
gstegman is offline Find More Posts by gstegman
Old Oct 25, 2004, 09:54 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
there are ball resizers, but I find that it will wear in quickly. as long as nothing binds, you are ok.
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2004, 10:56 PM
Northen CA, Bay Area
Joined Jun 2003
131 Posts
Thank you, I will let you know how it goes!
gstegman is offline Find More Posts by gstegman