SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 15, 2014, 03:36 AM
Joined May 2014
21 Posts
Help!
HELP with Y6 Build

Hi all!

I am looking to build a Y6 using the Titan Y6 frame. I need help choosing motors, speed controllers and flight battery for at least 15 to 20min flight time.

All I want to do is record with a gopro with a gimbal (stella 2 axis gimbal) on a easy to fold up frame with some redundancy (hence y6). If you have any suggestions to use a different frame that would be greatly appreciated. I want easy portability... I was even thinking of using BO mini hex with the stella gimbal as it is a nice and small platform - however I am worried it will be stable enough to get stable shots in wind. Suggestions?

I was using the eCalc website to do the calculations and I think I have chosen the motors... I am just worried about getting it wrong and just want some assistance with my choice. I really don't want to have to buy new motors and start again.

I was thinking of using the Sunnysky 580kv http://www.nextfpv.com.au/collection...ak-style-motor

I would greatly appreciate suggestions... I am happy to change my build completely.
doobran is offline Find More Posts by doobran
Last edited by doobran; Nov 15, 2014 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Add photos
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2014, 07:26 AM
Joined May 2014
21 Posts
BUMP? Anyone?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 06:47 AM
Portugal, Faro District
Joined May 2013
479 Posts
I have built a few Y6 versions now, if it is one of the first multi rotors you have built I would go with a flat hex instead. They still have redundancy but they don't have the problems you get with co-axial resonance. With a Y6 you either need amazing damping from the motors and arms or you need to be very good at dynamic balancing the motors and props.
I get around 15 minutes safe filming flight with 4s 5000mah battery, t-motor 3110 470v and 15x5.5 t-motor props. That Y6 frame only weighs 600 grammes though. All up weight with 3 axis gimbal and go pro is about 2.3kg including battery.
If you are only going to film with it then you can go lower than normal with the esc and battery c that will all save you weight and get you more flight time, it does mean you will only be able to fly carefully though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobran View Post
Hi all!

I am looking to build a Y6 using the Titan Y6 frame. I need help choosing motors, speed controllers and flight battery for at least 15 to 20min flight time.

All I want to do is record with a gopro with a gimbal (stella 2 axis gimbal) on a easy to fold up frame with some redundancy (hence y6). If you have any suggestions to use a different frame that would be greatly appreciated. I want easy portability... I was even thinking of using BO mini hex with the stella gimbal as it is a nice and small platform - however I am worried it will be stable enough to get stable shots in wind. Suggestions?

I was using the eCalc website to do the calculations and I think I have chosen the motors... I am just worried about getting it wrong and just want some assistance with my choice. I really don't want to have to buy new motors and start again.

I was thinking of using the Sunnysky 580kv http://www.nextfpv.com.au/collection...ak-style-motor

I would greatly appreciate suggestions... I am happy to change my build completely.
MTB guide is offline Find More Posts by MTB guide
Old Nov 25, 2014, 09:02 PM
Joined May 2014
21 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I have built a few multis before mini's and larger tricopter. Ive actually bought a cinetank mk2 to try out. Ill do a build thread and post my results. ill build it as a quad first but then I can upgrade to a x8 when I want. I am also looking at the AD1 quad that is foldable.