SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 20, 2001, 09:10 PM
USA, PA, New Hope
Joined Nov 2001
905 Posts
Another Mytus assembly question

I got the hint that my canopy assembly problem may be bogus. Seems like nobody is using the inner canopy because the battery has to be moved way up to balance and it won't fit.
My next step was to mount the motor and see where I balance. Side thrust/downthrust. The manual says 2 degrees down and right but this seems to be for a direct drive. I bought the reco 2.3:1 planetary from Hobby Lobby and the stock speed 600 and will use a bigger prop. Some thread that I read a while ago mentioned 4 degrees right and 4 degrees down for a geared setup because of the bigger prop. I can't find the thread again to check the specifics. Anyone got good results?
Vito is online now Find More Posts by Vito
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2001, 10:31 PM
Dale Lindsay
Mt Airy, Maryland, United States
Joined Sep 2001
653 Posts
I'm using a MM with a 2.8:1 GB - a 12x8 prop. I added about 1/8" right and down to the firewall. I get pretty level power-on flights. Also with your set up the 600 might add a little nose weight so you might not have to come so far forward with the battery.

Mount it all up without permanently gluing anything in and see how it balances out. That way you can crack the stuff loose and move it around if you need to.
DaleM is offline Find More Posts by DaleM
Old Nov 20, 2001, 11:15 PM
Dale Lindsay
Mt Airy, Maryland, United States
Joined Sep 2001
653 Posts
I'm using a MM with a 2.8:1 GB - a 12x8 prop. I added about 1/8" right and down to the firewall. I get pretty level power-on flights. Also with your set up the 600 might add a little nose weight so you might not have to come so far forward with the battery.

Mount it all up without permanently gluing anything in and see how it balances out. That way you can crack the stuff loose and move it around if you need to.
DaleM is offline Find More Posts by DaleM