HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:17 AM
Cinematographer
Burntpixel's Avatar
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jun 2013
2,229 Posts
AMA..... who even belongs to that organization in this day and age?
Burntpixel is offline Find More Posts by Burntpixel
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2014, 01:50 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntpixel View Post
AMA..... who even belongs to that organization in this day and age?
I do. Great to have the insurance if you follow their guidelines.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2014, 03:36 AM
Registered User
IA-Flyer's Avatar
United States
Joined Nov 2003
1,578 Posts
Me too erkq
91xxx, former AMA show team member.
IA-Flyer is offline Find More Posts by IA-Flyer
Last edited by IA-Flyer; Nov 24, 2014 at 03:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2014, 04:49 PM
Registered User
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntpixel View Post
AMA..... who even belongs to that organization in this day and age?
any one that likes to fly with other people?
want to go to a major funfly any where in the US? better be an AMA member
but i guess if you like flying by your self all the time that fine too
Elios000 is offline Find More Posts by Elios000
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2014, 04:55 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elios000 View Post
any one that likes to fly with other people?
want to go to a major funfly any where in the US? better be an AMA member
but i guess if you like flying by your self all the time that fine too
And, along those lines... being a member of a flying club too.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2014, 08:44 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2012
1,446 Posts
You make it sound like the choice is:
- fly alone or
- be part of the AMA so you can fly with other people..


It is quite normal for groups of people to get together and fly every weekend, and AMA is not involved.
InFocus is online now Find More Posts by InFocus
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2014, 01:54 PM
Registered User
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFocus View Post
You make it sound like the choice is:
- fly alone or
- be part of the AMA so you can fly with other people..


It is quite normal for groups of people to get together and fly every weekend, and AMA is not involved.
i cant think of any
every heli funfly i can think of requires it
even the planker ones
big ones come to mind
Joe Nall, IRCHA, Helifreak funfly
all you need to be an AMA member
Elios000 is offline Find More Posts by Elios000
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2014, 02:01 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elios000 View Post
i cant think of any
every heli funfly i can think of requires it
even the planker ones
big ones come to mind
Joe Nall, IRCHA, Helifreak funfly
all you need to be an AMA member
We have people who get together at "Area 51" to fly helis. Just a bunch of guys...

We used to have a group of plankers there too on the runway before someone dumped a truck full of hydroponic marijuana roots out there (not us). They fenced it off after that.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Last edited by erkq; Nov 25, 2014 at 08:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2014, 08:00 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2012
1,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elios000 View Post
i cant think of any
every heli funfly i can think of requires it
even the planker ones
big ones come to mind
Joe Nall, IRCHA, Helifreak funfly
all you need to be an AMA member
You only fly with other people 3 times a year + a few highly organized fun flys?

There is a field in my area where no less than 15 people show up every Saturday and at least 25 on every Sunday to fly airplanes, helicopters and multi rotors. No AMA involved.

Some how I find it hard to believe that this is the only place in the USA where this happens.
InFocus is online now Find More Posts by InFocus
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2014, 08:20 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFocus View Post
You only fly with other people 3 times a year + a few highly organized fun flys?

There is a field in my area where no less than 15 people show up every Saturday and at least 25 on every Sunday to fly airplanes, helicopters and multi rotors. No AMA involved.

Some how I find it hard to believe that this is the only place in the USA where this happens.
Haha... indeed... see my post above...
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion What size RC airplane would be illegal for me to fly? brtlmj Electric Plane Talk 35 Apr 01, 2014 12:36 PM
Discussion **Update** Fixed my busted plane - now it's forgotten how to fly! - Fixed! kenzietech Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 7 Apr 05, 2012 08:29 PM
Discussion my, 'fly right now' plane. twin 26 inch bipe nemoskull Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 2 Mar 14, 2012 06:53 PM
Discussion charger help needed for RC car now/RC plane later Will91 Batteries and Chargers 10 Jul 30, 2010 11:47 AM
Cool A commercial use for RC heli's - Getting paid to fly the lucky people! Bowerz Electric Heli Talk 4 Jun 01, 2010 07:48 PM