HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:39 AM
United States, MO, Kingsville
Joined Nov 2001
1,655 Posts
Discussion
Shipping FYI

If you order from HK and the stuff is coming from "different warehouses" get ready to wait. I ordered stuff last week and it has not shipped yet....and will not ship for another 5 days....the reason, the different items I ordered are coming from different warehouses and will all be packed together at a central warehouse.

Next time I order I will keep this in mind.....now I really wish they had more stuff in the US.
cherokee is offline Find More Posts by cherokee
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:51 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
If you order from HK and the stuff is coming from "different warehouses" get ready to wait. I ordered stuff last week and it has not shipped yet....and will not ship for another 5 days....the reason, the different items I ordered are coming from different warehouses and will all be packed together at a central warehouse.

Next time I order I will keep this in mind.....now I really wish they had more stuff in the US.
how would you know if they are from different warehouses?
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:24 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,113 Posts
They tell you.
Like when I ordered a plane, they told me it was coming from a remote warehouse and it would be days before they had it to put with the rest of the order.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:37 AM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
They tell you.
Like when I ordered a plane, they told me it was coming from a remote warehouse and it would be days before they had it to put with the rest of the order.
I've not run across this yet...so good to know.

thanks!
Old Jul 16, 2012, 01:00 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,113 Posts
My guess is all large boxes are stored off site.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Jul 17, 2012, 09:52 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,783 Posts
I think you will find JIT items are from there back warehouse and from what i can make out they are at another warehouse,so if you order has something which has a JIT item in it and then yes it will have to go to the main warehouse.

HK do say that JIT items will take longer so just make sure you know that when ordering,when i order JIT items i never order anything else with it because that parcel will then have to travel to there main warehouse,so they can pack the rest of your order with it,if you just order the JIT parcel on it's own then they will ship it straight from that warehouse,which they call the back warehouse.

If i've got the JIT letters the wrong way around or the wrong ones tuff as you get what i mean.

Come on people we can't blame HK if we make the mistakes and don't look before we order.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:21 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,110 Posts
I thought we couldnt order from multiple warehouses? Are you talking about the JIT items? If so, they say right on them they will take 5-7 days or whatever it is to leave the warehouse. I am assuming thats business days. My JIT items didnt take the full 7 days but I knew I was going to have to wait because it said right in my cart. Hope they get you sorted!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:28 AM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz View Post

If i've got the JIT letters the wrong way around or the wrong ones tuff as you get what i mean.

Come on people we can't blame HK if we make the mistakes and don't look before we order.
I don't think the OP is blaming HK, rather his purpose was information to let others know about "different warehouses" or JIT items.

To me it's good info, since I've not heard of it....and I've been buying from HK for the last 7 years.