Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:44 AM
Germany
Joined Jun 2011
65 Posts
Discussion
---

---
HeliHorst is offline Find More Posts by HeliHorst
Last edited by HeliHorst; Feb 15, 2012 at 03:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:09 AM
Joined May 2011
691 Posts
Juvenile Musselcracker flies? (0 min 19 sec)
seagull10 is offline Find More Posts by seagull10
Old Mar 02, 2012, 05:47 PM
Joined May 2011
691 Posts
http://www.ted.com/talks/vijay_kumar...m_medium=email
Old Mar 03, 2012, 12:18 AM
Joined May 2011
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull10 View Post
If somebody is wondering why I have posted TED's video it's because it shows how fall behind we are in terms of maneuverability and control.
Note! Watch it to the end
Our hope is shown in the next video but we have to work very,very hard to achieve such a performance
Goshawk Flies Through Tiny Spaces in Slo-Mo! - The Animal's Guide to Britain, Episode 3 - BBC Two (2 min 31 sec)
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:21 AM
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
Quote:
If somebody is wondering why I have posted TED's video it's because it shows how fall behind we are in terms of maneuverability and control.
Our hope is shown in the next video but we have to work very,very hard to achieve such a performance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CFckjfP-1E
It can save you alot of time to realise that such feat is not possible to be done electronically just as accurate as that bird, since each motor would require constant monitoring for desynchronization and top of that the power required to control each motor, sensor and a high performance cpu would be so huge that the battery alone would be a weight of stone, + each component required adding more and more weight, the most advanced robot is not even close to be able to match a man running with obstacles, now put it to the test with a man experienced in parkour and youll realise that its a dead end.
Legendary_Agent is offline Find More Posts by Legendary_Agent
Old Mar 03, 2012, 12:12 PM
Joined May 2011
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary_Agent View Post
It can save you alot of time to realise that such feat is not possible to be done electronically just as accurate as that bird, since each motor would require constant monitoring for desynchronization and top of that the power required to control each motor, sensor and a high performance cpu would be so huge that the battery alone would be a weight of stone, + each component required adding more and more weight, the most advanced robot is not even close to be able to match a man running with obstacles, now put it to the test with a man experienced in parkour and youll realise that its a dead end.
You sounds very optimistic for your ages Thank you for worrying about my time
I like and believe in Honda's slogan: "The power of dreams"

High-Speed Robot Hand (3 min 0 sec)

Artificial Muscles Power New Devices (1 min 34 sec)
Old Mar 03, 2012, 01:57 PM
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
Quote:
You sounds very optimistic for your ages Thank you for worrying about my time
I like and believe in Honda's slogan: "The power of dreams"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KxjVlaLBmk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyycT2IMONk
OK, put that 100kg arm to fly like an ornithopter :P btw its nothing new or innovative.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 12:12 AM
Joined May 2011
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary_Agent View Post
OK, put that 100kg arm to fly like an ornithopter :P btw its nothing new or innovative.
Ok .If this isn't new and innovative just extrapolate what today's technology is capable of.
You don't understand me!
Old Mar 04, 2012, 04:44 AM
australia
Joined Apr 2007
2,172 Posts
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CFckjfP-1E
IMO
Goshawks are a smart beautiful bird and a great hunter but i do not agree with birds flying through plastic pipes etc for other peoples pleasure
therealthing691 is offline Find More Posts by therealthing691
Last edited by therealthing691; Mar 04, 2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 07:06 AM
Joined May 2011
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealthing691 View Post
IMO
Goshawks are a smart beautiful bird and a great hunter but i do agree with birds flying through plastic pipes etc for other peoples pleasure
I am almost sure, you aren't a vegetarian and you doesn't cry every time getting chicken for lunch or diner
The bird from the video doesn't been hurt and she doesn't fly thru obstacles for somebody pleasure .Actually she does the same hundreds of times per day when is free in the Nature driven by the same reasons. That's why she is so good in doing such a things.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:10 AM
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
Quote:
IMO
Goshawks are a smart beautiful bird and a great hunter but i do not agree with birds flying through plastic pipes etc for other peoples pleasure
If youre thinking it was electronically controlled i doubt it very much, i believe it was trained to do so by its own, correct me if im wrong though but such devices has been only tested on lab rats and yes they are pretty sick and retarded inventions of some immoral guys who call themselves scientists..
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:18 AM
australia
Joined Apr 2007
2,172 Posts
goshawks are smart and agile so why does it have to be proved flying through pipes and obstacles in nature that is just natural they are hunting.Weather it be hunting by there self or with a falconer and this is just my opinion as you have yours regards Brian
I.M.O
In
My
Opinion
Last edited by therealthing691; Mar 04, 2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:25 AM
australia
Joined Apr 2007
2,172 Posts
Last edited by therealthing691; Mar 04, 2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:27 AM
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
Quote:
no im not thinking it was electionically controlled and all i was stating that a Goshawk is a beautiful smart bird and why doesit have to be proved in lab type conditions they are a great hunter just watch any video's of them hunting with a Falconer.All predator birds in my opinion are amazing to watch in the wild a bird we have in australia the wedge tail eagle is amazing to watch
Well now youre entering another type of debate, ofc there is right and wrong, you can simply live to ignore it and live however you want to live and yet your actions can be still classified as right or wrong, its quite senseless to assume otherwise.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:30 AM
australia
Joined Apr 2007
2,172 Posts
O f c ?????????????