SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 08, 2010, 10:34 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtea View Post
Need help in programming my DX7 with AR6400L for 4-site plane. Unable to program the Flaperons function per Manual and this link http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...73&postcount=7. Any help??
That post changes the AR6400 to External ESC mode and has nothing to do with Flaperons.

With a DX7, set the "wing type" in the radio to flaperons and adjust the flap and aileron throws in the travel adjusment and flap screens.

If the flaps/Aileron action is backwards and you can't fix it by reversing the servos, swap servo sides in the receiver (swap the plugs).
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2010, 12:32 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
bump
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Mar 14, 2010, 02:36 PM
is it supposed to smoke??
canada alberta outside edmonton
Joined Apr 2007
2,918 Posts
just picked this plane up yesterday and took it out and its a nice plane. I might look into the flaps thing but i need to master the plane first. Ive been gone for a while looks like i have plenty of reading to do
3dFlyer88 is offline Find More Posts by 3dFlyer88
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:05 AM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dFlyer88 View Post
just picked this plane up yesterday and took it out and its a nice plane. I might look into the flaps thing but i need to master the plane first. Ive been gone for a while looks like i have plenty of reading to do
yep. Glad to see you back
Old Mar 15, 2010, 03:49 PM
CARL T
United States, OR, Grants Pass
Joined Dec 2005
395 Posts
Hi Modfly.
I know this is not the proper thread but we have no puter and must use this library one.
I cannot find a way to contact you.
Will someone please tell me if there is a brushless outrunner/esc non gearbox conversion for the Ember 2. listed somewhere.
Thanks,Carl
Carl T is offline Find More Posts by Carl T
Old Mar 15, 2010, 06:48 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl T View Post
Hi Modfly.
I know this is not the proper thread but we have no puter and must use this library one.
I cannot find a way to contact you.
Will someone please tell me if there is a brushless outrunner/esc non gearbox conversion for the Ember 2. listed somewhere.
Thanks,Carl
Hey Carl, Sup. I did a Vapor BL setup and that will work in the Ember2 as well.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1121442
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:43 AM
Joined Jan 2008
721 Posts
Got one today and did this. Have to get the right elevator trim in flap down mode to get it not doing a harrier but otherwise great plane.
wrcsti is offline Find More Posts by wrcsti
Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:47 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcsti View Post
Got one today and did this. Have to get the right elevator trim in flap down mode to get it not doing a harrier but otherwise great plane.
Use a mix function with the elevator and flap switch. When flaps are deployed, a small amount of down elevator is used to keep the plane level in the pitch axis.

E-Flite UM 4-Site with flaps (1 min 0 sec)
Old Jul 13, 2010, 01:40 PM
Joined Jan 2008
721 Posts
I had it set up. Its just i had up elevator. I now have it PERFECT set up in which flaps only slow the plane down, it tracks 100% level when flaps are lowered.

EDIT:
Just tried with the speed brakes on and flaps 70. With a 3 knot wind it flew backwards. Might even be slow enough for some medium sized indoors.

Knocked em down to 40. Also there is no need for mixing the elevator since you can just use the one to the right of the flap adjustment to automatically do it for you.
wrcsti is offline Find More Posts by wrcsti
Last edited by wrcsti; Jul 15, 2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old Nov 05, 2010, 06:31 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Oct 2010
6 Posts
Can you please elaborate on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly View Post
No you have not figured it out or else it would be working. You are still making some kind of mistake.
Yea, aileron reversal is not not in the mod procedure. Set the plane back to stock and let me know when your done.

I reset mine back to stock before I re-did the mod. See if you can reset it back to stock. Don't panic! Its all just a matter of programming so its no big deal. You will get it, Just keep trying and do not unplug or make any changes to the plane.
Hi ModFly,
Thanks a lot for the great instructions.
I have been trying this other and other and I am missing something 2 points:
Toggle aileron to 2 ch mode and Stick Programming
- Do I have to do something before and after I do the? 1 Full Thro, 2 Up Elevator, 3 Left Aile. What does it do exactly? Does it toggle the aileron to 2 ch mode?
Is this the stick programming?
I though the 2 channel aileron mode is the same as dual Aileron enabling is under WingTailMix, is this correct?

Thank you
Adventurer
Adventurer is offline Find More Posts by Adventurer
Old Nov 05, 2010, 09:54 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
Hi ModFly,
- Do I have to do something before and after I do the? 1 Full Thro, 2 Up Elevator, 3 Left Aile. What does it do exactly? Does it toggle the aileron to 2 ch mode?
I though the 2 channel aileron mode is the same as dual Aileron enabling is under WingTailMix, is this correct?

Thank you
Adventurer
Well, its been a while since I did this mod and I kinda forget all the details. I think its covered in this thread. Perhaps some body can chime in thats into this mod at this time and can help. Sorry but there was not much interest in this mod so I moved on but its nothing thats hard. As far as wing mixes on your radio, it depends on the radio as they are all different and it can be very time consuming to try and explain this procedure. I have switched gears and am working on antique cars presently and have not been programming many AR6400 receivers as of late and I simply do not have the time at this point to revisit this topic.However, there are lots of people here that can help and perhaps they can chime in with ideas on this. My 4site has been retired as I used the gear in another plane.

Welcome to rcgroups and I'm sure you will find the answer here.
Old Nov 05, 2010, 10:30 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Hi ModFly,

Thank you
Adventurer
The AR6400L in the 4-site is set up so that the Aileron and Flap plugs (Channel 2 and 6) are aileron and reverse aileron (Channel 2 and Reverse Channel 2).

In order to get flaps to work, you need get the brick back to Channel 2 and 6 mode, by using the TX stick programming.

All other AR6400 are already set up with Channels 2 and 6 separated.
Old Nov 06, 2010, 01:42 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Oct 2010
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
The AR6400L in the 4-site is set up so that the Aileron and Flap plugs (Channel 2 and 6) are aileron and reverse aileron (Channel 2 and Reverse Channel 2).

In order to get flaps to work, you need get the brick back to Channel 2 and 6 mode, by using the TX stick programming.

All other AR6400 are already set up with Channels 2 and 6 separated.
Thanks for the response UNGN,
That make sense now as when I go through the entire process minus the stick programming, the flaps work in reverse from each other.
I have gone through the manual of the DX6i multiple times and I can't seem to find any info on how to do the stick programming. I see on the picture provided by Modfly the step with the elastic but can't figure it out. Any input?
Old Nov 06, 2010, 01:44 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Oct 2010
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly View Post
Well, its been a while since I did this mod and I kinda forget all the details. I think its covered in this thread. Perhaps some body can chime in thats into this mod at this time and can help. Sorry but there was not much interest in this mod so I moved on but its nothing thats hard. As far as wing mixes on your radio, it depends on the radio as they are all different and it can be very time consuming to try and explain this procedure. I have switched gears and am working on antique cars presently and have not been programming many AR6400 receivers as of late and I simply do not have the time at this point to revisit this topic.However, there are lots of people here that can help and perhaps they can chime in with ideas on this. My 4site has been retired as I used the gear in another plane.

Welcome to rcgroups and I'm sure you will find the answer here.
Thanks Modfly.
Old Nov 06, 2010, 01:52 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the response UNGN,
That make sense now as when I go through the entire process minus the stick programming, the flaps work in reverse from each other.
I have gone through the manual of the DX6i multiple times and I can't seem to find any info on how to do the stick programming. I see on the picture provided by Modfly the step with the elastic but can't figure it out. Any input?
To switch the brick to different modes, Bind the brick to the TX (preferably a RTF TX or a TX with no mixes or channel swaps), then UNPlug the brick.

With the TX on, move the sticks to the positions shown in the manual for the mode TX you have (Mode 2 or mode 1)

Plug in the brick.

After 5 seconds or so, it should flash 3 times and the servos will move (if you are changing directions of that servo and the Stick logic is operating that servo)

The Stick logic is in the AR6400 manual pdf file.