Feb 09, 2010, 10:58 AM
@_@ 3 weeks...
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2010, 11:07 AM
Spins With Gliders
ya... I was a bit surprised it took so long.... o well....
Feb 09, 2010, 11:20 AM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
Kai, I would simply get used to using the momentary switch where it is. This location is the same as was/is on the Stylus. You have to modify your grip on the tranny a little for launching, but after a short while it gets to where it feels more natural. Using some lizard skin grip tape (available from Golf Club repair shops, there is a link in RCG somewhere) really helps to insure the grip too.

But, if you do decide that moving the switch would be best for you, then go for it. It is not a very difficult thing to do as shown from the previous posts.

Glad you are all finding the 10G to be a solid, and flexible tranny.

Mike
Feb 09, 2010, 11:26 AM
Spins With Gliders
My problem is that I don't have a thumb on my left hand, and that makes holding the tranny very difficult, especially when I'm allocating one of the remaining fingers to flipping a switch while doing the launch gymnastics. For me, it was a *requirement* to get the switch modification done.
Feb 09, 2010, 11:27 AM
Challenge is rewarding
Kai,

as per our previous discussion, I feel the same way. Coming form the 9303 to the SD-10G, I feel like I prefer the alternate switch position. But I felt the same way when I went from the Stylus to the 9303. the Stylus has the same placement as the SD-10G. It is all about what you are used to. I am going to give it a month of flying before I decide to modify the radio.
Feb 09, 2010, 12:50 PM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
Quote:
Originally Posted by djensen
My problem is that I don't have a thumb on my left hand, and that makes holding the tranny very difficult, especially when I'm allocating one of the remaining fingers to flipping a switch while doing the launch gymnastics. For me, it was a *requirement* to get the switch modification done.
I completely understand... Have you tried the lizard skin yet? Could really help.

Mike
Feb 09, 2010, 01:02 PM
Spins With Gliders
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLY F3B
I completely understand... Have you tried the lizard skin yet? Could really help.

Mike
No, I haven't. I'll get over to the Golf Shop in the next day or two and have it ready for the radio. Thanks for the suggestion!

Dave
Feb 09, 2010, 02:38 PM
Steve Meyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by djklein21
Kai,

as per our previous discussion, I feel the same way. Coming form the 9303 to the SD-10G, I feel like I prefer the alternate switch position. But I felt the same way when I went from the Stylus to the 9303. the Stylus has the same placement as the SD-10G. It is all about what you are used to. I am going to give it a month of flying before I decide to modify the radio.
David, I went the same route.. Stylus > 9303

Now I am intrigued about the SD-10G.

Interesting story I sent my Stylus in for repair and UPS must have dropped it in a puddle of water. Claim was paid and I bought a 9303. Maybe I should send my 9303 in for repair.
Feb 09, 2010, 02:48 PM
Steve Meyer
One more thing can you point me to a "Technical" page. I was here http://www.airtronics.net/index.php/receivers.html?p=3 and there is no details on the products. Don't they know who their market is.

Is there a separate SD-10G web page? Again the more details the better.

And while we are explaining things (I may be late to the party here) how about a link that explains in detail what FHSS-1 and FHSS-3 is?

TIA to the Team Pilots. Sanwa Team Pilots or Airtronics Team Pilots?

P.S. Put a word in for them to hire a good web programmer.
Last edited by SOAR-Steve; Feb 09, 2010 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling :-)
Feb 09, 2010, 03:17 PM
Challenge is rewarding
Steve the hobbypeople.net website is better filled out.

here is a link to the SD-10G and its manual.
http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/751750.asp
Feb 09, 2010, 03:47 PM
Steve Meyer
Cool. You'll have to let me handle your TX. Sure your cool with that being team pilot and all.
Feb 09, 2010, 04:02 PM
Challenge is rewarding
Anytime Steve. I'll give you a ring this afternoon after work.

The FHSS-3 is crazy fast. I thought my DSM2 stuff was fast, but it isnt even close. I never thought I would notice a faster response, but you can tell just by looking at the servos. I know FHSS-3 is better than FHSS-1 but in what other ways, I don't know yet. I'll find out and pass it along. I know the FHSS-3 is so fast, that some older analog servos don't like it. I haven't seen this issue in person yet, but I might have to dig in the old servo bin and make an example.
Feb 09, 2010, 06:01 PM
Is the fast frame rate noticeable flying DLG?
I know 3D and heli pilots like it.
Tai
Feb 09, 2010, 06:45 PM
Challenge is rewarding
I don;t know. I doubt it. you can see the difference on the ground with how fast your servos move. I use fast servos.

I know I could feel it for flying slope and B... It isn't a reason to upgrade or anything, but it was cool.
Feb 09, 2010, 08:17 PM
It's a mere flesh wound!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOAR-Steve
One more thing can you point me to a "Technical" page. I was here http://www.airtronics.net/index.php/receivers.html?p=3 and there is no details on the products. Don't they know who their market is.

Is there a separate SD-10G web page? Again the more details the better.

And while we are explaining things (I may be late to the party here) how about a link that explains in detail what FHSS-1 and FHSS-3 is?

TIA to the Team Pilots. Sanwa Team Pilots or Airtronics Team Pilots?

P.S. Put a word in for them to hire a good web programmer.
Steve,

There's a lot of good SD-10G info here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1029192

Buddy

Quick Reply