HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2013, 12:20 PM
Joined Jul 2011
109 Posts
Discussion
INFERNO - RC Factory

Some post on the Crack Yak Super lite thread but nothing specific.

Let's talk about this one.

AUW is 132g with a 300mA battery, Power combo from twisted ..... very expensive but works very nice so I went this route to not twist my mind.

Well designed, little bit bigger than the crack serie, light, rigid, very powerful ..... I think one of the best EPP foamy period ....
flydynamics is offline Find More Posts by flydynamics
Last edited by flydynamics; Dec 29, 2013 at 09:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2014, 05:07 AM
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2000
3,030 Posts
I'm just putting mine together, hope to fly it at the weekend.

Mike
Mike Smart is offline Find More Posts by Mike Smart
Old Jan 02, 2014, 03:06 PM
#14 royal wulf
bluegrass state
Joined Dec 2009
314 Posts
Got a chance to put about 12 batteries through the CYSL last night. Amazing. Put in an order for the inferno this morning....
daft punk is offline Find More Posts by daft punk
Old Jan 02, 2014, 04:43 PM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smart View Post
I'm just putting mine together, hope to fly it at the weekend.

Mike
You must have an indoor venue Mike, this weather is unrelentingly bad.
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
Old Jan 02, 2014, 05:04 PM
Joined Jan 2000
3,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320 View Post
You must have an indoor venue Mike, this weather is unrelentingly bad.
I am lucky enough to have two indoor venues at the minute, one once a fortnight and one once a week at the minute, so I am getting some valuable practice in
I'm really liking the CY SuperLite, possibly more than the Mini, although they are vastly different models. Hope to fly the Inferno as well on Saturday so I should be able to give a comparison.
Having said that, the SuperLite has a SunnySky X2202 2300Kv motor with a GWS 7 x 3.5 prop and the Inferno will have an AXI 2203/46 1720Kv motor with a GWS 8 x 4.3 prop.
I will report more after Saturday.

Mike
Old Jan 04, 2014, 04:54 PM
Joined Jan 2000
3,030 Posts
Only one trimming flight tonight I'm afraid, before one of the under-wing carbon rod braces came un-stuck
From that one flight, the Inferno seems really nice, I look forward to more when it is fixed.

Mike
Old Jan 09, 2014, 05:13 PM
Joined Jan 2000
3,030 Posts
Finally trimmed it out tonight and having put several batteries through, this is a really nice model.
I'm very surprised it isn't attracting more attention here.

Mike
Old Jan 09, 2014, 11:12 PM
#14 royal wulf
bluegrass state
Joined Dec 2009
314 Posts
I agree. I can't believe this plane isn't being talked about more. Not even anyone from team twisted seems to be talking about it. Would love to see video of Cody or Benton flying one. The more I fly the inferno the more I feel if I had to choose between the CYSL and the Inferno I would pick the Inferno. It's just so smooth and precise. Really fun to fly.
daft punk is offline Find More Posts by daft punk
Old Jan 10, 2014, 05:05 AM
Joined Jan 2000
3,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daft punk View Post
I agree. I can't believe this plane isn't being talked about more. Not even anyone from team twisted seems to be talking about it. Would love to see video of Cody or Benton flying one. The more I fly the inferno the more I feel if I had to choose between the CYSL and the Inferno I would pick the Inferno. It's just so smooth and precise. Really fun to fly.
I haven't had that much time on either, but I am leaning towards the Inferno as well. They are both really good and I agree, we don't seem to have to have heard much from TH on this.

Mike
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:14 AM
Joined Jul 2011
109 Posts
Excellent model. Light, precise, very enjoyable to fly. Kudos to Jan for his design and RC Factory for bringing it on the market.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 06:21 AM
Joined Jan 2000
3,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydynamics View Post
Excellent model. Light, precise, very enjoyable to fly. Kudos to Jan for his design and RC Factory for bringing it on the market.
Agreed its just a shame more people aren't picking up on it.

Mike
Old Jan 11, 2014, 08:59 AM
Joined Jul 2011
109 Posts
It's a matter of choice and advertisement. Big advertisement for the crack yak super lite with fantastic build thread etc ... Same for the beaver with a "campaign" of pre ad on the model (I have to say the beaver is awesome !) but nothing for the inferno. The inferno is made by RC Factory, it has been developed in Europe so maybe that's why no campaign has been done for it here in North America ?
Despite the political, marketing and business aspect of this, the Inferno reminds me the artistic aerobatic planes we were using in Europe during the boom of pattern planes with huge control surfaces. Precision associated with 3D nanoeuvres. The inferno gave me the same feeling as those planes that just a few have flown for a short period.
Again kudos to Jan for the design, the plane tracks better than any of the foamies I have (even better than the crack laser that is already very good), has good presence in flight, is light and is a pleasure to fly.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 09:42 AM
Team Twisted!
Joined Aug 2012
250 Posts
Hello Guys,
The Inferno looks like a real nice plane and looks to fly well but unfortunately I don't have a place to fly indoors that often. I wish I could purchase more planes but Dad has me on a budget.. Hopefully there will be some more people buying it and we can see some more videos. I know twisted hobbies carries the plane in US. Here's the link
http://www.twistedhobbys.com/TH-34-E...ite-Orange.htm
Benton
Benton3dflying is online now Find More Posts by Benton3dflying
Last edited by Benton3dflying; Jan 11, 2014 at 05:36 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:47 AM
Joined Jul 2011
109 Posts
I think we all bought ours at Twisted Hobbys. They have very good planes.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 06:03 PM
Sparta,WI,USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,539 Posts
Benton,

Hope "Dad" will fit the INFERNO into your "budget".....Really enjoy your reports and videos, especially your video on the LASER. I am a Twisted Hobby fan, enjoying 6 of them right now, but your Laser video demonstrated some very nice tracking characteristics which showed up in your slow roll across the field. The limited reports in the INFERNO suggest this might even have better performance.

I will be closely following the INFERNO reports and videos. ( Wisconsin Winter Therapy).

Happy Landings,

RonJ
RonJ is online now Find More Posts by RonJ