HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2013, 09:19 PM
Joined Jun 2013
285 Posts
Discussion
Hobbywow a cautionary tale

So, I've tried to order from these guys twice now. Just small test orders 10-15$ max.

Both times they sent a tracking number almost immediately that showed up as invalid in the system.

Two months later, the tracking number never displayed as valid from HK EMS or USPS and they keep sending the same message "we will contact the shipper it takes a month to get answer".

After about the two month mark they stopped replying. Paypal refused to credit me for both sales because they have "hobbywow" listed as selling "virtual goods" even though I showed them an invoice for physical products.

Total scam!
wintermoot is offline Find More Posts by wintermoot
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2013, 08:13 AM
Joined Oct 2013
4 Posts
Wintermoot, that is horrible! Well, on the bright side at least it was only $10-15 not $100-150. I knew there was something fishy about them after seeing too good to be true prices.
DChizzle is offline Find More Posts by DChizzle
Old Oct 13, 2013, 03:48 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2011
111 Posts
Hope you used credit card for that. Tell your credit card provider and they will happily reverse the charge.
AssassinXCV is offline Find More Posts by AssassinXCV
Old Feb 06, 2014, 09:45 PM
Joined Dec 2013
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintermoot View Post
So, I've tried to order from these guys twice now. Just small test orders 10-15$ max.

Both times they sent a tracking number almost immediately that showed up as invalid in the system.

Two months later, the tracking number never displayed as valid from HK EMS or USPS and they keep sending the same message "we will contact the shipper it takes a month to get answer".

After about the two month mark they stopped replying. Paypal refused to credit me for both sales because they have "hobbywow" listed as selling "virtual goods" even though I showed them an invoice for physical products.

Total scam!

Dear ,have your question been sloved?have you received your money or your parcel.if you have any question,please do not hesitate to let us know.thanks.
Hobby WOW is offline Find More Posts by Hobby WOW
Site Sponsor