HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2013, 12:36 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,510 Posts
Discussion
Happy Owners of PZ Parkflyers Thread

I have two PZ park flyers and I am pretty sure that going back to flying micros full-time is not going to happen.

Here is my newest plane the PZ Albatross:

Parkzone Albatros D.Va WWI BNF - Second Flight in Wind (4 min 56 sec)

Here is my first PZ parkflyer; the PZ Wildcat:

Parkzone F4F Wildcat Stunts, Rolls, and Tricks (7 min 3 sec)

It seems like there isn't a place in this section to post your PZ parkflyers, so this will serve that purpose.

Please post any pictures, videos, and/or commentary you please.

GB
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2013, 02:47 AM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,510 Posts
Here is another video celebrating how great my PZ F4F Wildcat is!

Parkzone F4F Wildcat in Wind with Bonus Take-Offs and Landings (8 min 28 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 21, 2013, 04:12 PM
1st to the scene of the crash
United States, GA, Dalton
Joined Jul 2012
1,147 Posts
Hi GB, I hope to be a happy PZ flier, been looking at the micro t-28 for some time been flying the Champ, Ares Gamma & firebird stratos, using DX6I on the champ and gamma, read your review on Horizon Hobby, the t-28 will be my first 4 chl. plane but I think I"m ready to try. It also is the right size for some parks & schools five minutes from home. Any tips you can give will be used wisely. Thank Lane
Laneritc is online now Find More Posts by Laneritc
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wings & Things
Old Apr 21, 2013, 04:13 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1,147 Posts
Oh yea, nice videos!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 23, 2013, 04:44 PM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laneritc View Post
Hi GB, I hope to be a happy PZ flier, been looking at the micro t-28 for some time been flying the Champ, Ares Gamma & firebird stratos, using DX6I on the champ and gamma, read your review on Horizon Hobby, the t-28 will be my first 4 chl. plane but I think I"m ready to try. It also is the right size for some parks & schools five minutes from home. Any tips you can give will be used wisely. Thank Lane
If you can fly those other planes then I have to agree that you are ready to take that next step.

Here are a few things to consider (many apply to your other planes as well so there could be some redundancy here, but this is mostly focused on dealing with issues that can arise when flying in the wind):

- Make sure to trim your plane and make sure the CG (center of gravity) is dialed in. Since wind can cause this light little planes to do abnormal things, having this baseline down is huge for fun in the wind instead of disappointment.
- Ease into flying in the wind. Continue to slowly push your comfort level as you skills improve.
- Do not fly in gusty wind until you feel like you are an expert flyer in the wind.
- Climb to a manageable altitude as quickly as you can. That will ensure you some wiggle room when the wind pulls your plane in a direction you don't expect. (this is probably the most important of the tips when actually in the air)
- Some guys like to add a little weight to the nose of their plane to give it more weight to help fight the wind. (NOTE: You will not need to do this with your T-28 during most situations)
- Relax! When you are tense, you are less likely to respond dynamically and not over correct.
- Pay attention to the direction the wind is blowing and use it to your advantage. Always land into the wind and try not to stall it too early.

Note: Fly over grass without the landing gear the first few times. It will help you out a lot in case of a crash.

Here is an example of me flying in the wind with my T-28:

Parkzone Ultra Micro T-28 Trojan Take-Off and Landing the in Wind (3 min 45 sec)

If space is a limitation then this is a great plane for you. If you have more space then the Wildcat is a plane to consider, though it is pretty fast for a first 4-channel plane. The larger T-28 is a decent option too.

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

GB

Quote:
Oh yea, nice videos!!!
Thank you sir!
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 23, 2013, 07:25 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1,147 Posts
Thanks for the information and advise, I'm sure I'll have questions once I get to try this plane, expected delivery is wednesday Like the video, saw this one and your Champ video on you tube not long ago, it was one of the reasons I decided on the t-28. Thanks Lane
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:10 AM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
6,880 Posts
[QUOTE=GBLynden;24707811
It seems like there isn't a place in this section to post your PZ parkflyers, so this will serve that purpose.
GB[/QUOTE]
There Is the electric warbirds area ?
Where It's seemingly 98% ARF foamies... of All sizes.
Still a few builders left in here.. for now :-)
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
Old Apr 25, 2013, 05:43 AM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,510 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the information and advise, I'm sure I'll have questions once I get to try this plane, expected delivery is wednesday Like the video, saw this one and your Champ video on you tube not long ago, it was one of the reasons I decided on the t-28. Thanks Lane
I am glad I could help. I flew mine again today in the wind and had a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare View Post
There Is the electric warbirds area ?
Where It's seemingly 98% ARF foamies... of All sizes.
Still a few builders left in here.. for now :-)
Fair question. The reason I posted this here is because I didn't want to limit it just to warbirds.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 26, 2013, 08:37 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1,147 Posts
Flew my t-28 for the first time this evening, set it up on my DX6I, set all the travel limits to 95% (read that somewhere) didn't mess with any dr/expo went through a whole battery, about 10min. really enjoyed flying it, Had no problems with controls actually felt more natural than flying my 3ch's. Really like the micros as I can fly them in a couple of places 5min. from the house. Done my first loop after about two minutes of flying, already getting comfortable with this plane. Thanks Lane
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 28, 2013, 01:24 AM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,510 Posts
Quote:
Flew my t-28 for the first time this evening, set it up on my DX6I, set all the travel limits to 95% (read that somewhere) didn't mess with any dr/expo went through a whole battery, about 10min. really enjoyed flying it, Had no problems with controls actually felt more natural than flying my 3ch's. Really like the micros as I can fly them in a couple of places 5min. from the house. Done my first loop after about two minutes of flying, already getting comfortable with this plane. Thanks Lane
That is great! I wouldn't completely drain your batteries down if I understood you correctly. I run mine for 6 minutes max. Your batteries will last longer that way too.

GB
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 28, 2013, 04:51 AM
Joined Jul 2012
1,147 Posts
Actually that was on two batteries, I've got my timer set for 6 minutes on all my models, thats about as long as my attention span is flew my champ inbetween flights of the t-28. These micros fit my flying style and area very well, feel comfortable flying these opossed to my larger planes, already looking at the new "mustang" coming out in june
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 28, 2013, 08:52 PM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,510 Posts
Quote:
Actually that was on two batteries, I've got my timer set for 6 minutes on all my models, thats about as long as my attention span is flew my champ inbetween flights of the t-28. These micros fit my flying style and area very well, feel comfortable flying these opossed to my larger planes, already looking at the new "mustang" coming out in june
Nice! I have the old one and I enjoy it a lot.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 29, 2013, 07:16 PM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,510 Posts
Here is a video of the older version of the P-51:

Parkzone P-51 Ultra Micro tearing up the skies over Lynden. (2 min 55 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old May 07, 2013, 02:38 AM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,510 Posts
I hear some new planes are on the water but no word as to what they are yet.

Edit: It turns out that the it was an Axis German Warbird but that is it so far and it is July. Hmmmm, interesting.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by GBLynden; Jul 02, 2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old Jul 02, 2013, 03:45 PM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,510 Posts
I am happy to show that I am getting my skills down a bit just before I receive my full-sized T-28 parkflyer. It should show up tomorrow, but for now, I finally have some inverted flights documented with my Wildcat:

Parkzone F4F Wildcat WWII Warbird RC Plane in a Big Field (4 min 29 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by GBLynden; Jul 10, 2013 at 10:51 PM.