http://www.flickr.com/photos/20929955@N03/9859051144/

bought the kit at Hobby Town , but as I did not have a brushed ESC ,
I built it using material I had on hand:
a Turnigy Park 300 motor 1050Kv 75W,
30A ESC,
800mAh 3S 20C LiPo.
2x 9g microservos
Propeller: 8x4 SF.

Had to reinforce the wings, as they folded up on me...(grin)

It is great to get into RC with this nice micro slow stick.
At least for me, dead calm weather is needed.
JureZ is offline Find More Posts by JureZ
Last edited by JureZ; Sep 22, 2013 at 06:33 PM. Reason: some details in the units , as refered to the battery
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2014, 09:56 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2014
28 Posts
I thought I'd update this thread with my brilliant micro stick.

When I purchased this micro stick, instantly I thought that the motor was too heavy for the plane so I upgraded the motor to a brushless setup. The plane is now a lot lighter, glides well and catches thermals easily keeping it up for really long flight times. Best of all I can take off and land in my backyard.

My setup:

- Turnigy Park250 (fitted on with a Tamiya female battery connector just by heating and pressing it on)
- GWS 6x5 prop
- 10A ESC
- OrangeRX
- Turnigy Nano 460mah 2s/Zippy 500mah 2s
- Hobby King servos

JonZap is offline Find More Posts by JonZap
Old Apr 04, 2014, 02:52 PM
In thrust we trust
Aguanga, Ca
Joined Mar 2010
1,227 Posts
I have bought six of these kits online over the past year and a half, and three out of the six arrived with minor wing damage from the carry handle protruding inside the box making contact with the wing during shipment.

If I could offer a suggestion to GWS, it would entail the consideration of excluding the carry handle altogether on future production runs. I must say, the carry handles on my E-flite micro models are convenient as the the box serves as storage and transport for the model. Also, those micro model boxes have molded foam packing between the carry handle and the models themselves, eliminating any chance of damage to the models.

However, once the Micro Slow Stick is assembled, it no longer resides within the box in which it's shipped. So from my perspective, the carry handle is more of a cosmetic liability than a convenience.

Anyway, I still enjoy flying these little birds in the backyard. Good, clean fun
phoam is offline Find More Posts by phoam
Old Apr 04, 2014, 09:00 PM
Sokol
United States, CA, Walnut Creek
Joined Jul 2013
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonZap View Post

When I purchased this micro stick, instantly I thought that the motor was too heavy for the plane so I upgraded the motor to a brushless setup. The plane is now a lot lighter, glides well and catches thermals easily keeping it up for really long flight times. Best of all I can take off and land in my backyard.

My setup:

- Turnigy Park250 (fitted on with a Tamiya female battery connector just by heating and pressing it on)
- GWS 6x5 prop
- 10A ESC
- OrangeRX
- Hobby King servos
Congratulations !
I like your lighter version, very good combination.
Video ..?

Jure Z.
Old Apr 05, 2014, 03:24 AM
Joined Nov 2012
211 Posts
Quote:

My setup:

- GWS 6x5 prop
- 10A ESC
- OrangeRX
- Hobby King servos

what kv is that motor And when I tried to fly mine with a direct connected motor mine used to porpoise when flying, put down thrust in and it was good do you not have any porpoiseing when flying
berts is offline Find More Posts by berts
Old Apr 05, 2014, 06:40 AM
Sokol
United States, CA, Walnut Creek
Joined Jul 2013
123 Posts
micro slow stick

Quote:
FYI, in case you did not know, there is also an interesting thread on the micro slow stick in the PARKFLYERS section

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1825139

best wishes !
Old Apr 05, 2014, 08:39 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2014
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JureZ View Post
Congratulations !
I like your lighter version, very good combination.
Video ..?

Jure Z.
Thank you,

no video yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by berts View Post
what kv is that motor And when I tried to fly mine with a direct connected motor mine used to porpoise when flying, put down thrust in and it was good do you not have any porpoiseing when flying
2200kv, I purchased a 2050 also however it hasn't arrived yet. The plane flies very well, with the original 8x6 prop it wants to climb vertically however on the smaller one it is fairly good. To concur the steep climb I mixed in elevator on throttle, I do agree it needs a little down trust if the elevator isn't mixed in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JureZ View Post
FYI, in case you did not know, there is also an interesting thread on the micro slow stick in the PARKFLYERS section

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1825139

best wishes !
Fantastic, I was hoping there was more activity elsewhere, I shall check it out.
JonZap is offline Find More Posts by JonZap
Old May 03, 2014, 07:52 PM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,746 Posts
Threw mine together. Flys very, very nice on a E-flite Park 300 and 2s 500 lipo. Very sweet. Can be pretty zippy or slow down for touch and go's (once I got the gear bent forward a bit). I've got some video from front of the house flying today I'll put up in a bit. Very nice little "mini" flyer. Bigger than a micro (thank heavens) and fly's much nicer as a result. Perfect for late evening flying.

GWS Micro Slow Stick (2 min 3 sec)
rpstar is offline Find More Posts by rpstar
Last edited by rpstar; May 04, 2014 at 07:48 PM.