Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:18 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
I was told the hole was more precisely drilled and the bolt is a little tighter fitting. My LHS owner told me that HH informed him. Actually, if he hadn't told me, I would never have changed the shaft. Even though I knew of the main shaft problem I wasn't't worried about it.
Until it broke in flight...
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:49 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Remove the lower bolt from the main shaft. If it is threaded all the way, it is the the first version. The new version is only threaded on the end.
Just off topic with my 300X.
I am now with my 3rd main shaft from light crash.
Believe it or not, still using the same stock wood blades which did not break striking the ground.
Both incidents broke my main shaft, everything else is OK.
My buddy's 300X crashed big time, shaft broke during 3D flight. HH replaced it with a NIB.
The plastic frame is VERY weak. It easily cracks, but cheap to replace.
It flies very nice though.

* So buying a new set of main shaft fixes the issue (?).
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Nov 15, 2012 at 01:50 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:38 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,042 Posts
Quote:
I was told the hole was more precisely drilled and the bolt is a little tighter fitting. My LHS owner told me that HH informed him. Actually, if he hadn't told me, I would never have changed the shaft. Even though I knew of the main shaft problem I wasn't't worried about it.
Interesting we haven't heard a thing about that from Horizon. Guess I'll make a phone call. Normally if a issue with a problem part for example the mcpx tossing blades on the first run is handled by shipping out replacement parts by Horizon @ N/C to the customer.

Mike
mike2663 is online now Find More Posts by mike2663
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:47 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2663 View Post
Interesting we haven't heard a thing about that from Horizon. Guess I'll make a phone call. Normally if a issue with a problem part for example the mcpx tossing blades on the first run is handled by shipping out replacement parts by Horizon @ N/C to the customer.

Mike
If this is the main shaft fix we have been waiting for maybe HH just wanted a quiet release without admission of a problem.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:49 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
Just off topic with my 300X.
I am now with my 3rd main shaft from light crash.
Believe it or not, still using the same stock wood blades which did not break striking the ground.
Both incidents broke my main shaft, everything else is OK.
My buddy's 300X crashed big time, shaft broke during 3D flight. HH replaced it with a NIB.
The plastic frame is VERY weak. It easily cracks, but cheap to replace.
It flies very nice though.

* So buying a new set of main shaft fixes the issue (?).
I can't guarantee that as I haven't had a main shaft failure with the old or new version. I'm just passing on what my LHS owner told me.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
If this is the main shaft fix we have been waiting for maybe HH just wanted a quiet release without admission of a problem.
More than likely, this is the exact reason.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:01 AM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
960 Posts
I worked on the new 130x tail last night. Installed the new metal “A” gear, checked the feather shaft for square and balanced the blades. Also added a pushrod support. Runs up smooth but not as quite as my old 130. Is there something else I can check? Should I look into changing the tail bearings?
Petrie is online now Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:54 AM
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jul 2001
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
I worked on the new 130x tail last night. Installed the new metal A gear, checked the feather shaft for square and balanced the blades. Also added a pushrod support. Runs up smooth but not as quite as my old 130. Is there something else I can check? Should I look into changing the tail bearings?
The only real issue I had with mine, apart from minor crash damage & a faulty A-gear out of the box, was a screechy sound from somewhere in the drive system which slowly got worse. I didn't figure out which part exactly but it was solved by applying a PTFE/Teflon lubricant to all the bearings (even though it was almost brand new).

I am wondering whether moisture from flying a few times in damp grass may have been the problem (if the bearings were under-lubricated to start with).
KevinBuckley70 is offline Find More Posts by KevinBuckley70
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:45 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,554 Posts
Quote:
I love the 130X, but I want something a bit bigger because I love how the 450 3D flies, but want FBL.
A Tarot FBL head and Tarot ZYX FBL unit will convert the 3D to FBL for under $100 and improve the performance big time.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:09 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,437 Posts
Goodbye yet again crvnation. You wont be missed by anybody.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:22 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
Goodbye yet again crvnation. You wont be missed by anybody.
It's like, no real change for me... I had him on ignore, which looks pretty much the same as suspended. I didn't even notice the change.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:57 PM
Joined Aug 2012
3,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
It's like, no real change for me... I had him on ignore, which looks pretty much the same as suspended. I didn't even notice the change.
Rumor has it Jim G. now has a way of spotting his bogus I.p addressee from here on out. ( crvnations exit letter to jim did not help matters ) Sure is going to be nice not having him trolling behind me in threads with his open sarcasm.
To date i dont own a 130x. But enjoy reading thru this thread Knowing That if and when HH should come out with a v2 I will be game for that. From start to this point now, crvnation and all his other shill accts. have taken up about 20% of this thread. That and his trolling me in others wont be missed.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:02 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,354 Posts
Quote:
Rumor has it Jim G. now has a way of spotting his bogus I.p addressee from here on out. Sure is going to be nice not having him trolling behind me in threads with his open sarcasm.
To date i dont own a 130x. But enjoy reading thru this thread Knowing That if and when HH should come out with a v2 I will be game for that. From start to this point now, crvnation and all his other shill accts. have taken up about 20% of this thread. That and his trolling me in others wont be missed.
Really the current version is fine. I've seen a lot of new products come out, and this is about average in terms of number of people having issues. Keep in mind a good portion of issues people have been reporting are after they did something to it - crashing it, "upgrading" parts, and other modifications are certainly the cause of some of the problems people are having.

All of the 130Xs sold by my hobby shop including mine were perfectly fine out of the box. He hasn't had any returns, and he hasn't had any repairs needed that weren't a result of a crash. That is pretty surprising actually, given that he's sold at least 25 of them, but it gives you a more realistic idea of the actual failure rate. It's not bad. Hell, mine shakes at low RPM and it's not fallen apart yet - but it didn't take much of a blade strike to rip up the tail gear.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:23 PM
Joined Aug 2012
3,437 Posts
Noted jasmine. I'll give it some serious thought. My intentions of the 130x is that it would make an excellent trainer before i try such tricks on my 450-500-600 helis.

However this just came out . http://www.rc711.com/shop/alzrc-devi...th=165_273_353

How freaking awsome would this be !! I have been waiting for somebody to put out this tween size. 360mm blades swinging on a 6s motor and battery. Not to mention the goblin fashion look. Thinking the other two helis i have on my " hit-list " will have to take a back seat to this,

I received Great news from two different areas today In the hobby i love, And its not even my birthday.. ha

Know your not into clones jazz. ( ALZRC ) And cant say i blame you. But you should give this one some consideration .
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:40 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,354 Posts
Quote:
Noted jasmine. I'll give it some serious thought. My intentions of the 130x is that it would make an excellent trainer before i try such tricks on my 450-500-600 helis.
It is great for that. It has basically the same power feel and stability as a 450, maybe a little weaker than my 450 Pro, but very solid. I've had a couple tail blow-outs at high speed, but other than that, it's as solid as a bigger bird.