HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:57 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,823 Posts
Uhhhh, you must use that cord to fpv. I cut the outer black coating off. That helped a lot.
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:34 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
Uhhhh, you must use that cord to fpv. I cut the outer black coating off. That helped a lot.
Why are you not using the small, thin, light cable with the video out and power in plugs that comes with the camera for that? That's what it's for! I didn't think you could even get a regular heavy USB cable with pin 4 of the mini-USB plug wired!
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:37 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,823 Posts
Wow, maybe I need a picture so you guys understand. I'm talking about the cable that plugs into the camera with the video and power. It's not very good for bending. I'm obviously in the wrong forum with this question.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:38 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,823 Posts
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356838724.979678.jpg
Views: 204
Size: 197.6 KB
Description:
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:32 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,426 Posts
Several pages back somebody was organizing a Right angled Mini USB plug that may serve your purpose. You will just have to search for it. There are pictures of it. edit: I had a look but couldn't find it.
Stripping the outer sheath off has been done before (page 727, post #10905)
Grantham Kid is offline Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Last edited by Grantham Kid; Dec 30, 2012 at 02:16 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:36 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2006
4,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Why are you not using the small, thin, light cable with the video out and power in plugs that comes with the camera for that?
That cable is still huge by many standards, the length of the plug and the bend take like 3x the area of the camera itself...

I've seen several people soldering wires directly to the USB conenctor pins inside the camera. I've done something similar but with a difference, the red wire is used to supply power to my transmitter rather than supplying external power to the camera.
Kilrah is online now Find More Posts by Kilrah
Last edited by Kilrah; Dec 30, 2012 at 05:05 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:07 AM
France, Aquitaine, Blaye
Joined Jan 2010
96 Posts
Connect nappe

Hello to
allidea for the manufacturerI have 12 tracks here, but would it be possible with 24 tracks as many quick and easy to connect

@+++
Rubis is offline Find More Posts by Rubis
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:34 AM
Noob with Issues
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Jul 2011
984 Posts
Just make your own... The best Idea I have found....http://rcexplorer.se/diy/2012/11/diy...deo-out-cable/
crash74 is offline Find More Posts by crash74
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:43 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah View Post
That cable is still huge by many standards, the length of the plug and the bend take like 3x the area of the camera itself...

I've seen several people soldering wires directly to the USB conenctor pins inside the camera. I've done something similar but with a difference, the red wire is used to supply power to my transmitter rather than supplying external power to the camera.
Where is the power connected to on that setup? I've ordered a bunch of mini usb connectors to solder my own wiring to.
sidneylopsides is offline Find More Posts by sidneylopsides
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:28 AM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah View Post

thats what Im talking about! Ill have to see about doing some soldering this week.. Thanks!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined Jun 2012
134 Posts
Exuse me, can I use car usb charger to supply camera in my car?

It is Model: IC USB
Input: 12V - 24V
Output:5V - 1A
stevohaker is offline Find More Posts by stevohaker
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:53 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevohaker View Post
Exuse me, can I use car usb charger to supply camera in my car?

It is Model: IC USB
Input: 12V - 24V
Output:5V - 1A
Yes. Any USB power supply will work.
hendrnk is online now Find More Posts by hendrnk
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:13 AM
Bazinga!
South Africa, KZN, Durban
Joined Feb 2007
612 Posts
Here's the right-angle USB connectors on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5X-Right-Ang...-/290834890329
Moelich73 is online now Find More Posts by Moelich73
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:15 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
thats what Im talking about! Ill have to see about doing some soldering this week.. Thanks!
I would only solder directly to the connectors inside the camera if you want the lightest possible modification . Why don't you solder the wires to a 5-pin mini usb plug without the casing?

I often make my own right-angled plugs, but you can also see how small the connectors, without the casing, are here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moelich73 View Post
Here's the right-angle USB connectors on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5X-Right-Ang...-/290834890329
Yup, those are the connectors I use and pictured.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:22 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2010
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
This is not a new observation, and I have recently mentioned this issue to the developer again. Most want to decrease the volume level more, not increase it. I don't know if it's even possible to increase it... it may be at max for the hardware already with the high setting. If you look at the attached image, I recently made three videos with three #16 cameras, all running the same (recent) FW and recording the exact same sound and located the same distance from the source, but each with one of the three volume level settings. As you can see in the sound track waveforms, there is a very noticeable difference in the video sound track amplitude. BUT, this doesn't really tell what is going on.

The audible sound perception (measured in decibels) is a logarithmic function, not linear. My editor is not likely showing the amplitude on a logarithmic scale, and/or the attenuation between settiings is so small as to not be very distinguishable audibly. I can tell a small audible difference between low and the other two, but middle and high sound the same to my ear. If enough people feel more adjustment range is needed, perhaps we will see this in a future FW revision.
Hi Tom - many thanks for your very concise reply and for going to the great trouble of recording clips using the three volume level settings.
As you say, the levels are difficult to differentiate from each other and your graph shows linear variation only.

I'll do a bit of work on this and see if I can come up with a simple hardware solution.

Richard
timetec is offline Find More Posts by timetec