HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:01 AM
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Dec 2003
222 Posts
Discussion
Help Locating Battery Checker??

Guy,
I was on the forums the other day and at the top of the page I noticed what was called a "Battery Checker" for Lipos. It was at the top of the page and flashed by pretty quick and I didn't get the info I needed to check and get more info on this product. It looked very neat as I had lights on it, (One for each cell) and each time the red (I Think red it went by so quick) it showed the voltage for each cell so there was no question if /of if not your cells were ballanced. I did catch this much info, it was very small, had lights , one for eah cell and I think it even showed the voltage and mabe other info. (Not sure what that part was.) But it seemed like the perfect tool to show IF your pack was truly ballanced. Now this item may have been something that hooked it seris with your charger, again just not sure. But I've been watching for hours now for this checker to pop up again so I would have time to click on the link for more info. It was a VERY SMALL unit/tool! SO, what I'm asking is that if you happen to know what this item might be or by chance see this link to please paste and copy the link and send it to me or post here on the forum. I do know that it is a SPONSORED LINK for RCGs.

Thanks in advace on this for any help.
Best Regards,
Ben Morrow
Ben Morrow is offline Find More Posts by Ben Morrow
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2010, 06:02 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,292 Posts
I like this one alot, show each cell voltage then entire pack voltage. Its also found on most vendors that cell lipos.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 22, 2010, 06:26 AM
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Nov 2002
185 Posts
I just bought the 2DogRC one that is reviewed here. I like it a lot.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1318099
DBA-FW is offline Find More Posts by DBA-FW
Old Oct 22, 2010, 07:44 PM
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Dec 2003
222 Posts
Thanks DBA-FW

I think this may be the one??

I'm still reading about the little unit from 2dogrc that you recommened and must say so far I very impressed! I have a smaller unit that says it will check each cell but in order to do so on mine you must add the cells as you go. Just for instance, first it will show total pack voltage, then on cell one it gives a good reading, then for cell #2 it's like it doubles the voltage and shows that reading, then on cell three the reading is triple. Nothing near as nice and easy as the Dualsky unit which is much better with no math, just good readings for each cell.

Any Ideas why my small little unit would act this way and not just give "Each Cell Voltage?"

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...g?d=1287745342 I hope this link works but it's what I have now. (Well, Link wont open but the unit I have now looks just like the small one above but from another company and is green.)

Questions about the 2dogrc unit: And please bare with me on this as I'm new to electrics and Lipos for sure. Nmhi is about as far as I got when flying with mostly the GWS stuff.

(1) Will this unit work with most other cells on the market or just the Dualsky packs? I use other packs on my models but could purchase Dualsky in the future.

(2) What's the Y harness for, maybe running dual packs?

(3) It looks like this unit could be mounted onboard the plane, if so you could keep constant readings on you pack voltage at all times by mounting somewhere on a larger plane? Or would the meter pull just too much voltage to make this a bad idea.

Oh Yes, I will own one of these little jewels very soon!

Thanks again,
Ben
Ben Morrow is offline Find More Posts by Ben Morrow
Last edited by Ben Morrow; Oct 22, 2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 05:38 PM
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Nov 2002
185 Posts
I have used it on Turnigy and Thunderpower pack only. I don't remember what the harness is for, I'll have to go take a look. You could mount it in a plane, but it is so easy to just plug in and check voltage, I don't see why that would be necessary.

Cheers
Old Oct 24, 2010, 08:14 PM
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Nov 2002
185 Posts
I just looked at the package, and it contains an extension, not a Y harness.