CSI
I promise, just ONE more order
Del Rio Intl, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,983 Posts
Discussion
Question about HET 70mm rotors???

Robert,
Back in 2008 I ordered a Sport Jet 70 and also the upgraded HET rotor. I see I also ordered an aluminim spinner and adapter to complete the setup.

I have recently ordered more 70mm rotors from you, but noticed that there is only 1 choice, the 4 blade HET. No spinners, only 4 blades now.

Questions:
Did you go to having only a 4 blade rotor because it ends up being the best all-around setup? What happened to the 5 blade? What happened to the alumimum spinner?
...my SJ70 was a powerful screamer on just the HET 2W and that 5 blade rotor on a simple 3s lipo. Very impressive setup for that plane. It finally met its end during landing. I could never slow that plane down, so it landed at mach speed and must have ripped the nose gear out 5 times. The final time was too much damage to repair. Takeoffs and flights were awsome...at least 100 flights, sheer joy...just those darn landings...PIO, then carwheel, etc.

What happened to the Sport Jet 70 and 90 planes?

I have orderd your F-20 now, using a 2w-20 and currently going through all the threads covering it. I have a set of micro air retracts I hope to install also.

Just really wanted to thank you for your great products and service, and find out what happened to those rotor items. IS that 4 blade going to be a good choice in the 6904 and 2w-20 for my F-20?

Thanks a bunch,
KenB (CSI)
CSI is offline Find More Posts by CSI
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2010, 01:56 PM
Tucson, Arizona, USA
Joined Dec 1999
1,552 Posts
Hello Ken,

The original setup was a five bladed EDF 400 rotor that used a set screw type adapter and spinner.

The 6904 rotor has the collet built-in and the chuck clamp for 3.2mm motor shaft with an option for 4mm. a much easier setup to work with.

On the Sport Jet series the ARF maker we used made a transition to only boats and that left us without a source for manufacturing. the market has since grown to offer many jet airframes that we support. maybe one day I can find another outlet.

Your F-20 will do great with that setup.

--RW
Robert Wagoner is offline Find More Posts by Robert Wagoner
Site Sponsor