HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2010, 04:55 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlands View Post
Mike - you set up your DOSD+ without using the rx? or was the above quote an example of what could be done? With a PPM encoder you would not need to connect the DOSD+ up to the DX6i that way?
I just had trouble getting the PPM to work on my Rx so I ran it direct from the Tx into DOSD+ bypassing the RC link to troubleshoot my problem.

All works fine now using Dragon Link
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2010, 06:21 PM
When in doubt, throttle out...
Joined Mar 2010
1,555 Posts
ic...
Im curious Mike - what tx do you use with your Dragon Link?
badlands is online now Find More Posts by badlands
Old Apr 20, 2010, 03:51 AM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlands View Post
ic...
Im curious Mike - what tx do you use with your Dragon Link?
DX6i works, DX7 I'm having trouble with. PPM output is unreliable. DX6i works great.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 04:45 AM
FPV flyer
Kaunas, Lithuania
Joined Oct 2007
1,518 Posts
I think the best tx is Futaba 9c, even John has it
i had JR 9xII and was happy for 3 years, but after first use of headtracker, i started to look for 9c and happy again
as many fpv pilots i know in the world, they use Futaba 9c

Now seting up a bigger plane for autopilot test, using Co pilot for aileron stabilization (until ArduIMU arives)
Virgis21 is offline Find More Posts by Virgis21
Old Apr 20, 2010, 05:01 AM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,198 Posts
when I say DX6i works great, I should point out that it's not ideal for FPV, I just happened to have Spektrum when I started on this.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 05:19 AM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,198 Posts
I haven't asked a stupid question for a while, so here goes:

will IMU stabilise normal flight like having a gyro, or does it only function for autopilot and artificial horizon?
Old Apr 20, 2010, 05:23 AM
Fly the Discombooberator!
Joined Nov 2003
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post

will IMU stabilise normal flight like having a gyro, or does it only function for autopilot and artificial horizon?

Now that would be cool!
magnetman is offline Find More Posts by magnetman
Old Apr 20, 2010, 07:59 PM
United States, NV, Rachel
Joined Dec 2008
1,174 Posts
talking about stupid questions, here is mine. Could I fly with a 2.4 video transmitter and 2.4 airplane receiver in the same plane and be ok?
I am sure this has been asked before, but I have not been able to find a real answer. --- this is my only option till I get a DL
alexedit is offline Find More Posts by alexedit
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 20, 2010, 08:10 PM
my karma ranover my dogma
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexedit View Post
talking about stupid questions, here is mine. Could I fly with a 2.4 video transmitter and 2.4 airplane receiver in the same plane and be ok?
I am sure this has been asked before, but I have not been able to find a real answer. --- this is my only option till I get a DL
Short answer.... no.

Long answer....

There has been some vid posted quite some time back of someone flying with 2.4 RC and 2.4 video Tx but your chances of duplicating that are very slim.
(he did not go out very far, and likely would not have been able to get much range anyway... see below....)

Non technical explanation....

Basically the 2 systems will interfere... more than likely the RC Tx will thrash your video signal and make it unflyable.

......and the 2.4 vid Tx will likely cut your RC range by a huge amount...

Not worth it.... don't even bother....
galaxiex is offline Find More Posts by galaxiex
Old Apr 20, 2010, 09:09 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,731 Posts
Camera problem

I have a new camera, and that one don't need any modification like the cheap first...

Will post some info when i will have it (not me who buy)
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DiaLFonZo-Copter - Announcement
Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:30 PM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,618 Posts
Not a stupid question Mike. This we have been working towards for years since our time with Intelligent Flight. From what we see is this..... FPV guys like to be UAV guys and UAV guys like to be FPV guys... we like to bond the two together.

Dialfonzo, please keep us informed of your tests!

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post

JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:29 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,618 Posts
OK a few have gotten confused on how to hook up their IMU to DOSD+, I put together some photos and will post here and the Tsebi forum as well. I hope this clerifies things.

John
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old Apr 21, 2010, 01:54 AM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSTECH View Post
Not a stupid question Mike. This we have been working towards for years since our time with Intelligent Flight. From what we see is this..... FPV guys like to be UAV guys and UAV guys like to be FPV guys... we like to bond the two together.

John
thanks John, does that mean it can now or will in the future? my twinstar rolls a lot when it's blustery and I thought i might stabilise it with a gyro, then I though that I might not need to if the IMU would do it so I could reduce the amount of gear going in the plane.

thanks

Mike
Old Apr 21, 2010, 04:05 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Hi Guys,

I found an Internet kiosk here out in Hahndorf, Adelaide and so I thought I'd pop in to see how things are going.

MikeTheCrash,

The IMU will eventually, but not yet, provide stabilization. The thing I need to emphasize is that I am still evaluating the performance of the ArduIMU and trying to tweak it to where I am satisfied with it. Once this happens, I will enable the stabilization code. The user will be able to enable this full-time or only during autopilot. In autopilot mode, the IMU will (eventually) automatically be used for stabilization if connected.

I'll check again once I get to Sydney.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Apr 21, 2010, 04:20 AM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
Hi Guys,

I found an Internet kiosk here out in Hahndorf, Adelaide and so I thought I'd pop in to see how things are going.

MikeTheCrash,

The IMU will eventually, but not yet, provide stabilization. The thing I need to emphasize is that I am still evaluating the performance of the ArduIMU and trying to tweak it to where I am satisfied with it. Once this happens, I will enable the stabilization code. The user will be able to enable this full-time or only during autopilot. In autopilot mode, the IMU will (eventually) automatically be used for stabilization if connected.

I'll check again once I get to Sydney.

Daniel

COOL!!!!!