Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:19 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
David, drink more beer!!! Beer is good food!!!! If you drink enough you never even know youre sick
I have alot of beer invested in my latest creation. Vintage 70 A J Slick
Very nice indeed...
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:00 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
bacon!!!!

ha ha ha that's awesome Ron! That's the kind of turkey I want for Thanksgiving!!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:00 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,764 Posts
Wayne Congrats on the maiden flight Very Nice indeed Loved all the views on the keycam vid, and Bob And Frank did a great job on the ground vid also
I was waiting to see the plane that went flying by you in the middle of the flight, thought maybe you'd chase after it a bit and get some footage of the Mother chasing her down LOL man she sure has plenty of power for sure and what a beautiful landing Well done Sir!!!!

Fixxin that plane is HOT !!!! very cool got any vids of that ripping up the sky ?

DOG nice Bacon Wrap my question is
Could that be a Giant ball of bacon shaped like a Turkey wrapped in Bacon LOL emmmmm either way LOL
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:19 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
I think David22 would be interested in the Mothership. The owners of Flying Foam did a recent build and have a video with a GoPro on it.

Mother Ship GoPro (4 min 46 sec)
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:20 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,954 Posts
LOL.....that picture of the bacon wrapped turkey is exactly what a buddy of my did in his last ditch effort to roast a goose and have it come out tender.....he failed miserably....he refused/still refuses to pluck his fowl...he would/does discard the skin and fat and just "breasted" the birds.......not only is the skin vital in keeping fowl moist and tender.....the underlying fat layer is the prize! Maybe Waldo has something there..........a turkey made completely out of bacon! Anything is better than a Tofurkey! Turduckens are awesome though........duck ate the chicken and was consequently eaten by a turkey........soon to be eaten by humans!

First day of firearm deer season and I'm home for a short break from work......a local business had it's roof drain freeze and I'm the only one they could get....being that it's deer season and everybody is out hunting.........can you say quadruple overtime rate!!!!!!! They know they're going to have to bend over and grab their ankles on this one!!!! They are fortunate........if it went undetected until the spring thaw.....they would have had a much bigger problem on their hands. I was just walking out the door at 5:30 am when the phone rang just as I walked by it!!!!! I should have let my wife answer it!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:22 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,954 Posts
Sorry, Wayne........I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed your videos! Looks like this is your type of weather..........30-40's and you're in shorts!! Hot blooded and you live in Texas? Brother.......you'd make a good snowman cohort!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:25 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,372 Posts
Ok, now Wayne, that was COOL. I think I'm gonna have to look into getting a big wing like that!
Nice video, thanks!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:37 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Ok, now Wayne, that was COOL. I think I'm gonna have to look into getting a big wing like that!
Nice video, thanks!
The kit is $145 plus shipping and that includes 2 rolls of tape. I think you need 3 so you can have a different color on top. When I started, they did not have much on making an EP version. Since then, they built one and the pictures are available as is my build thread so it would be a lot easier to do.

I have a .46 glow equiv motor but if you wanted a camera platform, you could go less. I wanted a "fun" plane so the extra power. I am getting 12 min. on 4400mAh. I could get probably 30 minutes if I was just cruising. This thing has a great glide so you could putt around for a long time as long as you did not need to get there very fast.

I might to an endurance flight and see. I would put a receiver pack in and isolate the BEC. That would let me run the motor to cut-off. I have a couple more packs on order. That would give me three sets.

This is going to look nice towing some 20' crepe streamers.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:41 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Anything is better than a Tofurkey! Turduckens are awesome though........duck ate the chicken and was consequently eaten by a turkey........soon to be eaten by humans!

a local business had it's roof drain freeze and I'm the only one they could get, can you say quadruple overtime rate!!!!!!! They know they're going to have to bend over and grab their ankles on this one!!!!
LOL Agreed about the Tofurkey BLAhhhhahahahahah
we've had Turduckens a few times and a couple were ok and some just down right nasty, I guess it depends on where you get them from, 2 of them were given to us by my Bro-inlaw after he discovered them They were the nasty ones though LOL filled with Jelly or something,, Bleckth poo poo poo pwitdtht.. the other ones my wife got from somewhere and they weren'[t too bad. gimme a big ol Butterball with a vat of gravy and I'm good to go actually even just the vat of gravy is great with me lol
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:46 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, Wayne........I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed your videos! Looks like this is your type of weather..........30-40's and you're in shorts!! Hot blooded and you live in Texas? Brother.......you'd make a good snowman cohort!
I like the 40s and 50s with no wind. I have to dress up a little more for the 30s.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:52 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Wayne Congrats on the maiden flight Very Nice indeed Loved all the views on the keycam vid, and Bob And Frank did a great job on the ground vid also
I was waiting to see the plane that went flying by you in the middle of the flight, thought maybe you'd chase after it a bit and get some footage of the Mother chasing her down LOL man she sure has plenty of power for sure and what a beautiful landing Well done Sir!!!!
That wing is so easy to land. It comes in slow and I just bump the throttle to get it up in front of me.

I liked the three on-board camera deal. I had not edited three videos into one before but it was pretty good I thought. I want to do some more multiple camera angles. If I can get up when others are flying, I should be able to get some good in-flight stuff. I might get froggy and put my FPV camera on there.

I really like that the Trick R/C hatch fit so well. It makes it really streamlined. I may paint it orange also.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:10 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
That's awesome Wayne. Looks like that one will be lots of fun.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:06 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Nice work Wayne!!! I think you hit a home run on this one!!

The best turduckens come from Tony Chacheres or Big Easy foods, (same company) they also make a turducken roll, which is very good!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:19 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,368 Posts
Quote:
I had some really BAD squid tonight..........it was given to me in a gift basket........I should have known better than to eat canned squid, especially when it's packaged in an "Ink Sauce"!!!! You know it's going to be a bad night when your body starts to generate foul smelling flatulence within 20 minutes of consumption!!! I'm being a gentleman and have come downstairs to spare my wife from having to suffer along with me! I think this is fast becoming a case of food poisoning! Better go find the evidence in the trash in case I have to go to the emergency room.....later.........
IT may sound crazy, but if I ever feel like I have eaten something foul. I without exception will down a pint of hard liqour once I realize there is a problem. My wife thinks I'm crazy, but there have been several occasions where I felt ill, drank liqour and felt fine the next day, while she had to take two days off to recover. HIgh proof booze is antibacterial
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:03 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,875 Posts
Well I just spent the entire evening working on planes. After having some trouble tuning the PTE on the slick a few days ago my buddy Brigg and I decided it was probably a gasket issue. I had made some out of cereal box cardboard and we figured it must have an air leak. Wouldn't idle down. So we took some pics and measurements of the motor parts and off he went to his office where he cut me some new ones with his laser cutter. Tell you what... they sure turned out nice!

We put the motor back together and mounted it on the slick and got it tuned really nice. After running it for a bit I noticed it was really loading up. So much that the transition was really suffering. We tuned it up a bit more and Brigg kept on thinking of reasons why the tune might change etc. It has a new carb on it so he didn't think that would be the issue. Finally after about a half hour of tinkering with it, getting it to run perfect and then it would go to crap, I told him to watch the LSN because I was willing to bet that POS was creeping out. So he watched it for a few seconds and sure enough that was the problem

I can't believe I got a second carb that is doing that. I'm really PO'd about it right now.

Anyway, we put some blue loctite on the needles and tuned it to perfection. I mean perfection and then I hurried and killed it so the loctite could set. Hopefully I'll have some fun flying vids soon. I REALLY hope I won't be taking that engine off the plane again any time soon. But, as much as I'd like to blame the engine and pretend everything would be perfect if I had bought a different brand etc. I have to think through all the problems and assign blame to each one. 9 out of 10 have been me screwing something up. The core motor seems to be fantastic if I could just get it set up right to the point where I could stop messing with it. As it is, I haven't had more than two successive flights without an issue that makes me pack it up for the day.

Oh, one other thing that happened... the 2s lipo I have been using for the rx pack has mysteriously lost all charge. It was not plugged into anything and worked fine the last time I used it (about 3 weeks ago). I kept getting a low voltage error from my charger and was sure the charger was screwed up or the wire between the battery and charger was bad or something. Finally I took the bullet connectors out of the charger and tapped them together and didn't get so much as a spark. I was sure it was the wire then so I hooked a different battery up and it sparked like crazy. This battery didn't even puff or anything... just mysteriously dead.

One more thing lol. I finally had to replace the last hs 65 hb in my 48 edge. Those servos had probably close to 400 flights on them. Don't tell me a carbonite geared servo can't hold up to some serious abuse! I have crashed that servo probably 6 or 7 times. It finally gave up the ghost yesterday and I felt pretty happy about it's long life
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater