New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 10:32 AM
Find More Posts by juss1
United States, CA, Los Angeles County
Joined May 2015
5 Posts
Discussion
Video Tx and Rx suggestions for AV multirotor rig

I'm looking for suggestion for a Video Tx and Rx and antennas for a 650 quadcopter with go pro to aerial video. I'll be flying line of sight so I don't need it for fpv but rather just see what the the gopro is seeing. Come to think of it I'll probably need a suggestion for a monitor as well.

That being said I will mostly likely build a race quad in the future so it would be nice for the receiver to work with that type of set up as well. So I would need something for both short and long distance.

I've heard good things about the immersionrc duo receiver but it is kind of pricey. Which I don't mind too much if there is a real difference in quality.
juss1 is offline Find More Posts by juss1
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM
Find More Posts by rotortuner
Joined Apr 2007
65 Posts
Transmitter - just get the immersion 600mw 5.8. There are cheaper ones out there, but after I read all the reviews, I went with the brand name and it works good.

Rx - if you want to do FPV on a race quad youll need goggles so a receiver is included in those. if you want just a monitor, the immersion duo is good, diversity so you can put two antennas on it and it will pick the best signal. for what you are currently doing the UNO will work fine and its only like 60 bux. I don't know anything about monitors. Don't forget antennas, get a good Omni like VAS, spend 20-30 bux on the tx antenna. the blue beam set is probably good for your uses. if you want to go farther a cross hair but its directional on the RX.
rotortuner is offline Find More Posts by rotortuner
Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM
Find More Posts by juss1
United States, CA, Los Angeles County
Joined May 2015
5 Posts
Yes I've heard good things about the blue beams.

Antennas are pretty confusing. I understand the basics that omni Has a larger degree of range around the transmitter area and is less prone to multipathing but doesn't have the distance and that directional is better for longer distance but needs to be but has a lesser degree of range. But there seems to be like a dozen of each. How does one go about narrowing the choices. Given my immediate goals (forget race quad /goggles for now) which would you suggest.
juss1 is offline Find More Posts by juss1
Old Yesterday, 04:08 PM
Find More Posts by rotortuner
Joined Apr 2007
65 Posts
first you need to buy the correct antenna for the frequency your using. for what your doing, you said essentially line of sight. so 5.8ghz has nice super small antennas. 5.8 works great in line of sight but not going through trees etc. so look for 5.8 antennas. they sell them cheap on ebay but from what i have read you get what you pay for. i started out with the blue beam set and they work good. they would work great for what your doing. google video arial systems (vas) or true RC. those are both good manufacturers that make quality antennas. buy any of their clover leaf omnidirectionals and they will work good for you. you will see that most antennas are RHP thats right hand polarization. just make sure they match which ever two antennas you get. most are all RHP vs LHP (left). clover leaf, mad mushroom, airscrew, etc those are all good antennas and will do what you want.
rotortuner is offline Find More Posts by rotortuner