Dec 18, 2012, 07:26 PM
UMX 3S OG
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX
I'll just do the best footage edit at first, because each vid is 1.7gb and to upload 1.7gb will take forever. But if you guys want proof of the extraordinary long flights I'll be happy to upload them later

EDIT: here it is

1. Slow & low flying - 00:37 (extremely low - 04:15)
2. Fast flying + aerobatics - 05:14
3. Oh s*** moments - 10:38
4. Pesky old spectator - 11:42

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRYbI...ature=youtu.be
awesome and thank you for posting!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 18, 2012, 07:27 PM
Technomancer
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55
awesome and thank you for posting!
No worries, and thanks.

Heres another vid, I shot this one today but at the same place. This one should be a bit less boring than the last one:

UM P-51 Mustang fast flights with the spitfire 4 blade props.avi (8 min 52 sec)

I swoop myself a few times at WOT at the beginning, I love the sound it makes as it buzzes past my head. Then theres a few spectacular crashes, followed by some high speed aerobatics
Dec 18, 2012, 08:24 PM
Those are some pretty nice schemes Valiant. But I will reserve those schemes and emblems will be reserved for future, larger scale 109s and 190s. I have all but bought a big fms P-51 to share the hanger (my garage) with this little Mustang. I expect it to be the first of a few bigger WW2 birds from all-over.

There is something about pre-jet war-birds. The history and the look of these planes is, IMO, more attractive than the modern aircraft. The hyper-capable modern fighters are very cool and impressive but they just don't have the same appeal, to me.
Dec 19, 2012, 02:58 AM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
i love the gearbox noise, sounds right for a tiny piston warbird

git to get me another one of these.
Dec 19, 2012, 08:31 AM
Technomancer
Yeah I'll have to hold off on the swastikas on mine, I think it would be frowned upon, if not illegal over here, but the crosses are safe. Also I think the yellow bottom will make visibility a lot better.

I find warbirds a lot prettier too, like the cars, clothes, and general ambiance of that era. Id love to see a micro Me 262. I think thats my favorite WWII aircraft, along with the P-38 lightning too.

@ nemo: I cant get enough of that gearbox noise at the moment, I'm totally hooked, especially when the RPM's pick up in a dive. I cant wait to get a Bravo SX motor in her
Dec 19, 2012, 05:48 PM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
you shoud try a twin
Dec 21, 2012, 04:00 PM
AKA Jagdpanther9
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX
No worries, and thanks.

Heres another vid, I shot this one today but at the same place. This one should be a bit less boring than the last one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Gywev_PmI

I swoop myself a few times at WOT at the beginning, I love the sound it makes as it buzzes past my head. Then theres a few spectacular crashes, followed by some high speed aerobatics
wow that thing is fast!here's my latest p-51 crash .it looked pretty dramatic.
Dec 21, 2012, 04:39 PM
Technomancer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemoskull
you shoud try a twin
I've got one .... well had one

I scratch built a carbon cub using UM mosquito electrics, but crashed it beyond repair on the second flight. However Im currently working on the V2, this time using a KF airfoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltor
wow that thing is fast!here's my latest p-51 crash .it looked pretty dramatic.
The spitfire prop certainly makes it a bit more lively

Funnily enough the LG fell off my mustang too, even on the same side as yours. A bit of CA will solve the issue
Last edited by valiantGLX; Dec 21, 2012 at 04:46 PM.
Dec 21, 2012, 07:25 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
So it's snowing here but looks like the winds may be down soon. So how do these micros handle belly landing in the snow. Does the snow mess them up at all. Or do you have to constantly dry them off.
Dec 21, 2012, 08:56 PM
AKA Jagdpanther9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdukeboy
So it's snowing here but looks like the winds may be down soon. So how do these micros handle belly landing in the snow. Does the snow mess them up at all. Or do you have to constantly dry them off.
it hasn't seemed to bother anything with mine.i just brush off the snow or use a napkin to wipe or dry off if needed.i havn't stuffed mine into deep snow and got it inside ..........yet.i have also flown while it is snowing lightly with no problems.
Dec 21, 2012, 09:00 PM
AKA Jagdpanther9
oh there is one thing though, flight times are way shorter.if i use a nanotec 160mah i get 4-5 min.when its around 30 deg. other wise the 250mah really works well and makes mine alot more stable in wind.
Dec 22, 2012, 07:40 AM
Technomancer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdukeboy
The only thing you have to watch out for is the air intake under the prop/motor. I've nose dived at WOT into the snow a couple of times, by mistake of course, and snow has come in over the electronics luckily my top half of the fuse is held on by magnets, so I could quickly open her up and blow the snow out before it melted.

As far as the foam goes it seems to be ok in the snow, so if you are keen on belly landing in the snow Id suggest taking off the prop and placing a strip of sticky tape over the air intake

I also use big batteries in mine (260mah nanotech 1s) and I get over 15mins of flight in 0°c temps, which is around 30°f (i think). With the stock batteries I was hitting LVC shortly after take off (around 1min flights)
Dec 27, 2012, 06:11 PM
Elfi Flyer
For winter flying, I use a "blanket" to keep the battery warm, or at least warmer than what it would be when exposed to cold air prop blast. I keep the battery warm before installing in/on the plane, cover with the "blanket", then go flying. So far, this arrangement has worked for me.

RD
Dec 27, 2012, 06:36 PM
Keep you batteries warm before flight, it really helps! Chemical reactions occur slower when it is cold compared to when it is warmer. Same rule applies to batteries, the internal resistance goes up and is less efficient while cold.
Jan 07, 2013, 09:42 PM
Just saw on HH website that the P-51 is no longer available. I was thinking it may be
(re)released, sometime in the near future, with AS3X.

Quick Reply