HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:00 PM
Canada, BC, Vernon
Joined Jan 2007
84 Posts
Question
Blade MQX issues after crash

I just thought I would throw this out there for ideas;

I have an MQX (Love it!!) and after quite a bit of flying and getting to thinking I was a better than I thought I managed to smack it in pretty hard. I did manage to cut the throttle before it hit. After checking for damage the only issue seemed to be a bent prop blade. I replaced this prop (right rear) checked it over additional damage. Not finding any I gave flying another go instead of popping off the ground as it normally doesand it pitched up and rolled right. I tried it a couple of more times with the same result. I picked the copter up and ran up the rotors while hanging on to it and there was indeed more thrust on the left side. It appeared that the right rear motor may have sustained some damage so I replaced that as well. No change. I re-bound the heli to the transmitter and still no change. I also checked all 4 props to see if there was a difference in how easily they turned appears, There was no difference and none appeared to "drag" or rub. It just wants to pitch up and roll to the right as if the right rear prop isn't lifting as much as it should. Trims are all set at neutral.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what to try next.

Thanks in advance,
Rob
rmcdicken is offline Find More Posts by rmcdicken
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:56 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,334 Posts
Check all arms and make sure same lenght. I had a V929 do that and two arms were pushed in and different lenghts. Messes up gyro big time. Also check for negative thrust. Easy to do power up and check breeze blowing wrong way.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04