HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:35 AM
Out of helis, sanity returning
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Feb 2009
1,945 Posts
Discussion
Anyone remember Zippy-R batteries?

I bought 4 Zippy-R batteries back in 2006 (I think). The Zippy-R batteries were supposedly better than other offerings at the time because they were made in Korea instead of China.

They have been great batteries. I flew them for a while in helis, and then put them away for years because I got tired of fixing broken helicopters. Recently, I've returned to the hobby, and have been using these batteries on multirotors. They are still going strong, and show no sign of wearing out.

Actually, I wish I'd bought more. I wonder what today's equivalent is, or if there are even any lipo batteries coming out of Korea.

The battery came without a connector, and I was using Dean's at the time; XT60 was not yet in existence. Now it's got the XT60 on it. Who knows what the next latest, greatest connector will be? At this rate, these batteries will still be around to see it.
2400RDR is online now Find More Posts by 2400RDR
to remove ads between posts