HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:58 PM
Joined Aug 2009
259 Posts
A big welcome NC. The only advice I can offer you is to start your settings low. Timing over 3 or 4 is overkill on the karts. Can't speak for everybody but I measured 50 or 60 ft which is the length of one of the longest straightaways at any given track. I drove my kart up and down this length. I then adjusted my setting where my kart drove best and topped out right before the end of the 50ft mark. Tracks will all be different but this will give you decent setting before arriving at the track. Welcome again NC.

Cart Miester
Cart Miester is offline Find More Posts by Cart Miester
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:01 PM
Whats in your fridge?
Joined Dec 2010
79 Posts
I must say interesting way to setup your esc.
kidice is offline Find More Posts by kidice
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:12 PM
Joined Nov 2012
65 Posts
Thanks it gave me a good starting point. Tell me do you guys go by motor temps when it comes to timing? I know Robert said heats are only 4 minutes.
2012NC is offline Find More Posts by 2012NC
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:39 AM
Cakeman
Joined Feb 2010
292 Posts
NO need to monitor your motor temps. Its the esc you need to worry about and how much timing you dialed in. I was told never go past 3 or 4 because of current limits on the esc. Sure you can go with a bigger esc that handles more current but make sure it fits first before you buy it. Did you get a set of racing rules 2012NC? Read them because your esc must fit under the motor where the factory esc was.

Cakeman
cakeman is offline Find More Posts by cakeman
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:12 AM
Me Toby You?
Jacksonville FL
Joined Jan 2011
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012NC View Post
Thanks it gave me a good starting point. Tell me do you guys go by motor temps when it comes to timing? I know Robert said heats are only 4 minutes.

2012NC if your who I think you are Robert told me about and you. You race factory am I correct? If so a big welcome as said before. Your going to dig these karts if you haven't already. Toss out everything you do to the cars. It won't do you a damn bit of good. You'll find out theres nothing to adjust or change. Just have fun and go with it. You'll also see other factory drivers on the field to. All is cool trust me I know most if not all of them at the tracks.

Toby
Toby Warren is offline Find More Posts by Toby Warren
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:42 PM
Always were your sun glasses!
Joined Oct 2010
321 Posts
NC you asked about monitoring your motor? My Reedy gets warm. I wouldn't go far as saying hot more warm I would say.

Leadhauler
Leadhauler is offline Find More Posts by Leadhauler
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:36 PM
Joined Nov 2012
65 Posts
Cool and thanks for the feedback. Isn't your Reedy a current hog like the Tekins?
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:19 PM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
Quote:
Cool and thanks for the feedback. Isn't your Reedy a current hog like the Tekins?

I'd stay with your current motor. Trust me, when you make it on to one of our tracks, you'll see what I'm talking about. Yes with Leads and a few others, true, their motors may be faster once they wind out, but ours are faster in short sprints. I'll always say, its the infield punch that will get you wins, not speed down one straight. Driving lines will make up time. Our tracks are no different than a real scale kart track. Lots of twist and turns. There not like your touring or VTA tracks like your use to 2012NC. Our longest straight are 60 or 70 feet vs 80 or 100 as most indoor R.O.A.R onroad tracks. And even those have a on going sweeper to still topout speeds. Your going to have to trust me on this one. I've raced Lead and other team drivers before, ask him who won the A main in Tampa...... lets say it wasn't him LOL.... Toss out everything you know or do on touring cars when you race our karts. There nothing of the same................

Robert
Team Edge RC is offline Find More Posts by Team Edge RC
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:38 PM
DoubleTrouble
Florida
Joined May 2009
379 Posts
With the other motors I've seen they seem to take longer to wind out or some fall short because of their lower kv. With yours it'll wind out as if you had the perfect gearing. On our last track my kart peaked out 3/4s of the length of our longest straight. It was about 70 feet long with a sharp right turn at the end. I'd keep your motor if I was you and see what you think.

Double Trouble
DoubleTrouble is offline Find More Posts by DoubleTrouble
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:40 AM
Joined Nov 2012
65 Posts
I would think the others lack the power they need as their power and ohm efficiency is greater. I think in the karts or what I've discovered efficiency is key.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:02 PM
Joined Nov 2009
226 Posts
The ones who race different motors here are never in the Amain.

NSX
NissanNSX is offline Find More Posts by NissanNSX
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:12 PM
Me Toby You?
Jacksonville FL
Joined Jan 2011
423 Posts
I'll point out Robert and them were smart going with one of the lowest resistance and highest performing motors. Once my emp L cheapo bites the dust I'll invest in one but for now I don't see this motor eating it anytime soon. I'll keep my timing set high and drive my lines.

Toby
Toby Warren is offline Find More Posts by Toby Warren
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:26 PM
Joined Nov 2012
65 Posts
I guess mine's a stock brushless? It doesn't lack power or punch off the line to me. I feel anything more would be to much and cause the kart to spin out.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:31 PM
Always were your sun glasses!
Joined Oct 2010
321 Posts
Quote:
I guess mine's a stock brushless? It doesn't lack power or punch off the line to me. I feel anything more would be to much and cause the kart to spin out.

It should be if it's modified. Its a 5200kv if you don't know.

Leadhauler
Leadhauler is offline Find More Posts by Leadhauler
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:36 AM
Joined Nov 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadhauler View Post
It should be if it's modified. Its a 5200kv if you don't know.

Leadhauler

When I ordered Robert told me it was a 5200kv motor.