HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 01:48 PM
A Newbie
Joined Nov 2014
85 Posts
Discussion
Telemetry Question

Do all planes have this feature or only the more expensive ones? I was reading my transmitter book (dx6) and the transmitter has this ability. Is this something extra you have to purchase for the plane?
jobinseattle is online now Find More Posts by jobinseattle
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 01:51 PM
Joined Apr 2008
546 Posts
Telemetry is a added feature that you buy separate. The radio may support these features but you have to have a telemetry receiver to use it. Also you have to buy the sensors which can be expensive and install them yourself.
txt killer is offline Find More Posts by txt killer
Old Yesterday, 01:56 PM
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined May 2014
1,206 Posts
Check out the LemonRX telemetry package. For about 50 bucks it comes with all sensors. I have a couple of them I use with my DX6 and I've been very happy with them. The altimeter feature is the most useful but it's also nice to keep an eye on your flight pack voltage and amp draw.
James_S is offline Find More Posts by James_S
Old Yesterday, 08:01 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
United States, MN, Fairmont
Joined May 2013
3,253 Posts
Depends on the Rx. There is one easy way to see, though. Look at the bind port. If it says BIND/DATA on the bind port case, it supports it. If it just says BIND, it doesnt. You will need sensor and a tm1000 for full telemetry, though.
Somethin' Extra is online now Find More Posts by Somethin' Extra
Old Yesterday, 11:05 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
2,151 Posts
Spektrum air telemetry
xmech2k is online now Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Today, 06:56 AM
A Newbie
Joined Nov 2014
85 Posts
Thanks everyone, I'll have to check that out. I really would like to know the altitude when flying.
Old Today, 11:14 AM
Joined Jun 2007
2,151 Posts
Oh, if you're just looking for altitude, as an fyi I read somewhere Spektrum discontinued their altimeter with the logic that people should just use the altitude function of the variometer without the climb/descend squealing. I guess it can be setup that way. Just in case you have difficulty finding altimeters.
Old Today, 11:20 AM
A Newbie
Joined Nov 2014
85 Posts
"just use the altitude function of the variometer without the climb/descend squealing". Is that on the transmitter? I have a DX6.
Old Today, 11:55 AM
Joined Jun 2007
2,151 Posts
I've never used one, but I'm pretty sure all the settings for telemetry stuff is done in the tx. I can't say for sure about the Dx6 telemetry capabilities though. I would ask on the Dx6, 9, and 18 thread. Someone will know there.