HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2015, 09:37 PM
Joined Jan 2015
3 Posts
Discussion
Cheap R/C Controller that Accepts PPM Pulse

Hello,

I am new to this forum! I am a college student working on a project where I want to be able to control a quadcopter with my computer. I found this cable (http://www.endurance-rc.com/pctx.php) that allows me to interface with a controller that accepts ppm input. I have been trying to find a cheap R/C controller that accepts that, but could only find ones that were more than $100. Does anyone know an R/C controller in or near the $20-$60 price range that accepts PPM input? I appreciate it.

Thank you,
Evan
quantumdrone is online now Find More Posts by quantumdrone
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:59 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada
Joined Sep 2006
6,031 Posts
By R/C controller do you mean a transmitter or a receiver? all transmitters with a trainer socket accept ppm.
coriolan is online now Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Yesterday, 07:35 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,879 Posts
I had endurance rc cable and is not useful, the scale is not linear and resolution is under 8 bit.

Better check flytron similar cable, 10 bits and open source API to write your own control app.

As controller you can check flysky fs-t6 in your price range. Can be found relabelled as Turnigy i6 or so.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Today, 11:52 AM
Joined Jan 2015
3 Posts
Thank you very much. I'll look into the those transmitters and that cable. I found this transmitter: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=68548. This has a "simulant connecter". Is that the same thing as a trainer port?
quantumdrone is online now Find More Posts by quantumdrone
Last edited by quantumdrone; Today at 12:05 PM.