SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 01, 2015, 04:04 AM
Joined Jan 2015
11 Posts
Help!
Cheerson cx-20 - impossible to hover

Hi,

I have a cheerson cx-20 open source and whenever I take off, the quadcopter goes directly to the right ! I have tried to trim to the left without success, I have already tried to re-calibrate the compass, to recalibrate the transmitter - nothing !
If I connect MissionPlanner, the gps signal is about 90% and all the parameters seems ok EXCEPTED the hartificial horizon in the hud goes to the right ! If I inclinate the quadcopter to the left, the hud is back to the horizontal position !!

Any idea ?
Thanks so much in advance,
Sincerly,
Domi
Domi1964 is offline Find More Posts by Domi1964
Last edited by Domi1964; Jan 01, 2015 at 04:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2015, 04:14 AM
Joined Jun 2007
17 Posts
try the accelerometer cal
http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/ini..._accelerometer
fats699 is offline Find More Posts by fats699
Old Jan 01, 2015, 04:37 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2014
622 Posts
run through the setup wizard and see how you go
thatpajeroguy is offline Find More Posts by thatpajeroguy
Old Jan 01, 2015, 04:53 AM
Joined Jan 2015
11 Posts
Thanks for the replies but I thought that the cx-20 was a RTF (ready to flight) and therefore no need to connect to MissionPlanner ....

Domi
Old Jan 01, 2015, 06:39 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2014
622 Posts
Are you not willing to try and fix the problem? Have you read the big cx20/nova thread? Have you pulled it apart to check the FC is stuck down properly?
Old Jan 01, 2015, 07:01 AM
Joined Jan 2015
11 Posts
@thatpajeroguy : I'm not at home and can't try for the moment.

What is the 'FC' ? If you speak about the transmitter, the stick of the throttle is fully down and I have not yet read the big big thread ��
Old Jan 01, 2015, 08:03 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2014
622 Posts
FC, Flight Controller
Old Jan 01, 2015, 08:19 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domi1964 View Post
Thanks for the replies but I thought that the cx-20 was a RTF (ready to flight) and therefore no need to connect to MissionPlanner ....

Domi
DUH !

There's always a need to do stuff in this hobby
First thing to do is read the main thread and take it apart to ensure the flight controller is actually stuck down (many are not)

Edit:
What thatpajeroguy said
Dogdude is online now Find More Posts by Dogdude
Old Jan 05, 2015, 11:35 AM
Joined Jan 2015
11 Posts
Yes, indeed but the post is very long ! It tooks me 2 days to reach the 50 first on a total of 500 �� and the first posts cover the old models....

Sincerly,
Domi

Edit:
What thatpajeroguy said : regarding the FC which is stuck down or using the setup wizard ?
Old Jan 05, 2015, 12:43 PM
New Castle, PA
Joined Oct 2006
661 Posts
Then try the search function in the large thread if you don't want to read the entire thing. Most likely key words that relate to your issue will return information that is helpful. Nothing in this hobby is ready to go right off the bat. There is always something to read and learn and tinker with. Good luck.
markarch is online now Find More Posts by markarch
Old Jan 05, 2015, 09:14 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2014
622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domi1964 View Post
Yes, indeed but the post is very long ! It tooks me 2 days to reach the 50 first on a total of 500 �� and the first posts cover the old models....

Sincerly,
Domi

Edit:
What thatpajeroguy said : regarding the FC which is stuck down or using the setup wizard ?
Domi when I was looking at getting a cx20 or nova, i read all 320ish pages that were available at the time haha If you want to rush in it will not go smoothly.

Have you removed the top shell yet to see if the FC is stuck down with sticky foam on the green power board correctly? Please take a photo of the quad without the top shell on so we can double check to see if it is okay
Old Jan 05, 2015, 10:27 PM
Joined Dec 2014
5 Posts
Domi,

I also have the Cheerson CX 20 open source. I've not had any of those issues. If your horizon is tilted right, then I'd think the quad would fly left. There may be an issue with the positioning of your accelerometer. I assume you've performed compass calibration? That should be obvious when you run the flight planner. This may require you to open up the quad. I've done that a couple times and even replaced my entire body when a prop flew off! Crashed pretty good too.. I used loctite on the suckers!! The good news is they won't be flying off anytime soon. The bad news is I'm screwed as I cannot get the props off without taking the motor with it. Good luck...
MrPolymers is offline Find More Posts by MrPolymers
Old Jan 06, 2015, 05:25 AM
Joined Jan 2015
11 Posts
Hi,
thanks for trying to help me, very appreciate !
It's a model received 1 month before, therefore, it's a new/last one (I presume...), I have tried to calibrate several times as it was mentionned on the paper over the RC. The shell contains the compass - if I move the shell a bit, I can see the degrees moving too.
Here are pictures showing the shell and the FC module (strange : a nova module inside the cheerson...) and a screenshot of MissionPlanner showing that the artificial horizon is not correct (if I incline a bit the copter to the left I can get the horizontal).

Any other help will be greatly appreciated.
Domi
Old Jan 06, 2015, 06:57 AM
Joined Dec 2014
5 Posts
Yep. With that horizon tilted left, the accelerometer will try to correct to the right. Everything looks good as far as I can see. You may have a bad accelerometer Domi! Also, that elevated disc where the magnotometer is.. That's a very poorly designed cheap flimsy plastic that breaks very easily if the quad should flip to it's back. I actually designed mine out of plywood which makes it much more resistant to breaking. Funny, I sell engineering plastics for a living and the plastics used on these quads is pitiful low grade commodity stuff.
MrPolymers is offline Find More Posts by MrPolymers
Old Jan 06, 2015, 07:25 AM
Joined Jan 2015
11 Posts
Hi MrPolymers,

thanks for your fast reply.
What I have fogotten to say is that I have never fly with this quad outside, I have only tested indoor in manual mode and I have nothing changed thru MissionPlanner, the only think I have done with MP is to verify the parameters.

Therefore, what do you suggest ? Can you point to me which parts I have to changed ? Any url for these parts ?

Thanks once more,
Domi.