SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 11, 2014, 08:20 AM
Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2001
137 Posts
The landing gear strut attachment point only has 1 clamp instead of 2 like others, seems flimsy to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakuban View Post
New InfnityM-P3 with landing gear, battery holder, improved vibration damping system and special electronics housing for video TX, RC RX, BEC and controller.
Made for Jean

Makiedog is offline Find More Posts by Makiedog
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2014, 06:10 AM
Joined Aug 2012
134 Posts
i agree, the landing looks a little week. I am interested in this gimbal, but the lack of hollow bearings/shafts disappoints me.
whizz101 is offline Find More Posts by whizz101
Old Sep 12, 2014, 06:30 AM
Poland, Lublin Voivodeship, Lublin
Joined Nov 2008
251 Posts
Don't worry for the landing gears. It is enough to start and land.
And there is ofcourse hollow shaft for slipring (included in set) in yaw and also hollow shaft (4mm diameter) in pitch and roll motors.
jakuban is offline Find More Posts by jakuban
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:36 AM
Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2001
137 Posts
Are the landing struts made of aluminum tubes? Seems to me they will deform and spread out easily upon landing, especially at the weak point where there is only a single clamp. The weak point might even induce vibration. Will need to see some footage to be convinced of the robustness.
Makiedog is offline Find More Posts by Makiedog
Old Sep 16, 2014, 04:58 PM
Joined Aug 2012
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakuban View Post
Don't worry for the landing gears. It is enough to start and land.
And there is ofcourse hollow shaft for slipring (included in set) in yaw and also hollow shaft (4mm diameter) in pitch and roll motors.
Is there access to the hollow shaft in the pitch and roll, it looks like hole gets covered?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 12:04 AM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,693 Posts
Wondering how one of these gimbals might work with the new CP controller from Phobotic?
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old Sep 17, 2014, 04:16 AM
Joined Sep 2011
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroVideoUS View Post
Wondering how one of these gimbals might work with the new CP controller from Phobotic?
Yes

I ordered the CPHV. You need some plastic 30mm spacers to mount the board (so the board is mounted on the opposite side of where the board is currently mounted - on the Infinity L at least).

Hopefully I will have it up and running within a couple of weeks. Board is paid for, but it's still not shipped.

I'll get some videos of my setup: hand held, and in the air I'll post the video here when it's up. A couple of weeks hopefully, if everything goes according to plan.
beamen is offline Find More Posts by beamen
Old Sep 17, 2014, 04:28 AM
Poland, Lublin Voivodeship, Lublin
Joined Nov 2008
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whizz101 View Post
Is there access to the hollow shaft in the pitch and roll, it looks like hole gets covered?
In pitch motor, ther is no problem of useing hollow shaft for wires.
In roll motor you can't do that.

Here you can see:
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...45451029_o.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroVideoUS View Post
I am in constant cooperation with Phobotic. I will let you know about updates.
jakuban is offline Find More Posts by jakuban
Old Sep 17, 2014, 04:10 PM
Joined Feb 2013
182 Posts
I never managed to get my first batch Infinity M + 3rd Axis working satisfactorily with Alexmos but now have a CP board to give it another go.
Jcflippen is offline Find More Posts by Jcflippen
Old Sep 18, 2014, 02:02 AM
Joined Sep 2011
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcflippen View Post
I never managed to get my first batch Infinity M + 3rd Axis working satisfactorily with Alexmos but now have a CP board to give it another go.
Have you balanced the 3 axis correctly? Read my post some pages back on how to balance the 3axis on the Infinity correctly

Here it is: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1152
beamen is offline Find More Posts by beamen
Last edited by beamen; Sep 18, 2014 at 02:20 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:31 AM
Joined Aug 2012
134 Posts
i've got the new phobtic controler and am trying to decide on a gimbal for a gh4.....think i'm gonna give this a go...
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:55 AM
Joined Aug 2012
134 Posts
InfinityM-P3 with landing gears in the pic above is $1110, a bit pricey, but hard to find a better contender....