HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:38 PM
Minnesota
Joined Jun 2007
1,916 Posts
Alright my radio will be arriving tomorrow so I guess Im going to have to get to work on this thing. Im going to start by making a large version, only because I do not have really micro gear. Im going to fix the plans and figure out how to size and tile them (mainly because I want to learn, and ive used so many other peoples plans that I think it would be fun to cut out my one for once )

I'll be making a trip to walmart for some paint for another scratchbuild of mine, so Im going to have to get some brown as well.
hot glue is offline Find More Posts by hot glue
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:42 PM
repeat foam bender
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Mar 2008
545 Posts
This thing should be a laugh. Can't wait to see it!

Better come up with a soccer ball variant in time for the next FIFA World Cup.
ruddym is online now Find More Posts by ruddym
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:48 PM
Minnesota
Joined Jun 2007
1,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddym View Post
Better come up with a soccer ball variant in time for the next FIFA World Cup.
Im not to patient when it comes to painting, so solid brown with some black laces are more appealing than a bunch of black and white hexagons :P
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:53 PM
repeat foam bender
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Mar 2008
545 Posts
Roger that!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:49 PM
Minnesota
Joined Jun 2007
1,916 Posts
Would anyone be able to scale this attachment up and tile it for me? I cant figure out how to do it, and its driving me insane!! Im looking for a WS of 20"
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:32 PM
Minnesota
Joined Jun 2007
1,916 Posts
I somewhat figured it out (I think!) Im gonna give it a shot and see if I did it right.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:11 PM
repeat foam bender
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Mar 2008
545 Posts
I concur with your decision to skip the top rudder and maximize the football appearance. The one, bigger rudder looks to me like it'll give enough authority on its own. Nicely drawn. I wager it'll fly very well. Let us know.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:19 PM
Minnesota
Joined Jun 2007
1,916 Posts
Haha well I threw it up in the air today. My light rx hasnt shown up and I cant seem to find a correct battery, so I tried with a 9ch rx and a big clunky battery. Need to work on balancing this thing, and lightening it up. There potential though, I think. If I mess with it later I will post how it goes. I need to find way to strengthen up the fuse. Gets a little sloppy.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:05 PM
repeat foam bender
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Mar 2008
545 Posts
I like fishing line for aligning fuse pieces - light and strong. At each point where the line passes through the foam, insert a little grommet made of a cut-off piece of a hollow plastic coffee stir stick, to prevent the line from gradually sawing its way through the foam. When everything is aligned, put a dab of hot glue on each grommet to lock everything in place.

I think the CG should start at 25% like a Nutball. And lightness WILL make a big difference to the plane.

Good for you for getting the plane together so fast! I am sure future flights will be much better as you work through the various issues
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:00 PM
repeat foam bender
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Mar 2008
545 Posts
More details on that bracing technique here...
http://foamyfactory.com/docs/Instruc...ini-V1.2.2.pdf