HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:05 PM
United Kingdom, England, Reading
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
Discussion
Problems with throttle on Walkera Master

Hi, I recently received a Walkera Master CP heli with a Devo 7 transmitter as a gift. Originally I had the helicopter motor spinning fine (but did not take off). I have since been changing the settings on the transmitter as specified elsewhere on the web. However I now have the problem that after switching on the transmitter the motor will not turn. Moving the throttle stick makes the swashplate go up and down a lot but the motor will not run. Is this just a setting somewhere in the transmitter or have I messed up something else somewhere. Any help would be apprecisted by a total beginner in the world of helicpoters.
Thanks in advance.
Newbie Paul is offline Find More Posts by Newbie Paul
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:12 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,212 Posts
On your Devo, scroll down the menu and look for "MONIT". It will show you the different values being sent to the helicopter, look for the throttle channel and you should see it change as you move the left stick up and down.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:46 AM
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
Thanks for the info on the monitor function. I get ELEV -100 to +100, AILE +82 to -118, THRO -100 to +100, RUDD +88 to -111 and PITCH -100 to +100. I assume the throttle results are due to the throttle being centred. Should I change this to go from 0 to 100 ?, Also the RUDD and AILE seem to be strange numbers and should they be reset somehow.

Once again, thanks for the info.

Paul
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:36 AM
Joined Jul 2012
4,212 Posts
Your rudder and aileron trims probably aren't centered.

Throttle is correct. If you think about it, throttle is just another channel, and the same range is sent to the receiver, it's how it's displayed on the screen that it's converted into percentage.

If the proper value for throttle is being sent and the motor still isn't turning, then you might have either a loose plug, or the motor is burned out.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:51 AM
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
Hi again. I re-calibrated the transmitter and checked the settings again which made more sense, After a bit of fiddling around the main rotor burst into life again and all is now ok.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

Paul
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:23 PM
Joined Jul 2012
4,212 Posts
Awesome. Good luck with your practice
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:17 PM
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
Hi again. I am still having problems with not being able to start the motor using the throttle. I have just changed the battery and then found the motor would not start. I had the same problem earlier in the day, but after randomly randomly moving the throttle/elev/aile sticks around for a while the motor started. This has not worked this time so am lost what to do. I have tried connecting a different motor, but that doesnt help. Can anybody suggest what is going on. Thanks