HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 29, 2014, 06:00 PM
S800G,v922,Master CP,V450D03
United Kingdom, England, Greenford
Joined Jan 2013
183 Posts
Another bell ring in my head...

Read somewhere that tail loses authority with low head speed.
So how's your throttle curve?

And please post some photos.
We can spot many things just by look at it.

....... Is the tail push rod in plastic tube?
Lucas86 is offline Find More Posts by Lucas86
Last edited by Lucas86; Sep 29, 2014 at 06:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2014, 07:01 PM
Hartsville, SC
Joined Apr 2006
860 Posts
[QUOTE=Lucas86;29558410]Has the tail servo arm been checked?
Josh, share your ideas with us too.

I think that the tail slider is jammed to one side against the rotor blades. Reason I think so is two fold:

1. AimHigher told me that he moved the rudder slightly and it improved matters.2. He also told me that he replaced the pushrod thinking that it was the culprit.

Given that Walkera claims that every heli leaves the factory ready to fly, I think that the likelihood of a faulty gyro is extremely low. I would make sure that the tail slider actuating arm is parallel to the servo arm and than loosen the servo mounting screws and slide the servo for or aft until the slider was centered - than power the heli and move the tail from side to side to see if the gyro compensates. If it does - all that will be left is to center the blades.
N99JH is offline Find More Posts by N99JH
Old Sep 29, 2014, 07:53 PM
United States, CA, Castaic
Joined Sep 2014
31 Posts
Josh what angle is your tail servo sitting at approx?

How can I duplicate your push rod length and amount of turns in the ball link?

I was trying to trim it out and use some added weight also today and it didn't help much.

I titled the servo to an extreme and the heli spun more, so I moved it back and spins less aggressive again.

I was getting light on the skids kind of able to control it a little more but still has a pretty strong spin.

While doing this the blades got kind of messed up. I am trying to change them now but of course they are stripping.

Do you guys have your blades tight or do they move freely?

I dont think its the gyro I can see it working better since speaking with Josh on the phone.

But it still is not able to fly and spins too much to get up. I am seriously frustrated.

Josh I got the diagram and trying to get the blades out first. I have 7 replacements but I cannot get them off,

I need to rig a cheap test heli stand but honestly my just give up entirely.

I didn't sign up to be a mechanic and that's what I am spending all my time on. I want to fly brothers, help me resolve this so I can join you in the air. I called Josh yesterday and his wife said he was at the field, it hurt to hear that - I want to fly that bad.

I am spending hours adjusting this heli.
aimHigher is online now Find More Posts by aimHigher
Old Sep 29, 2014, 07:58 PM
Hartsville, SC
Joined Apr 2006
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimHigher View Post
Josh what angle is your tail servo sitting at approx?

How can I duplicate your push rod length and amount of turns in the ball link?

I was trying to trim it out and use some added weight also today and it didn't help much.

I titled the servo to an extreme and the heli spun more moved back and spins less aggressive.

I was getting light on the skids kind of able to control it a little more but still has a pretty strong spin.

While doing this the blades got kind of messed up. I am trying to change them now but of course they are stripping.

Do you guys have your blades tight or do they move freely?

I dont think its the gyro I can see it working better since speaking with Josh on the phone.

But it still is not able to fly and spins too much to get up. I am seriously frustrated.

Josh I got the diagram and trying to get the blades out first. I have 7 replacements but I cannot get them off,
Lou

Give me a call and I will try to walk you through and answer all your questions.
843-339-2039
N99JH is offline Find More Posts by N99JH
Old Yesterday, 04:15 AM
Joined Jan 2013
183 Posts
What about lubing all the bearings and sliding parts?

I'm starting to doubt it's mechanical problem...

Even though servo and gyro seems OK I would still consider replacement.
If it won't help you can always sell parts a bit cheaper with no major money lost.
Old Yesterday, 09:17 PM
Joined Oct 2012
39 Posts
Obvious question to aimHigher is are you sure you don't have the signal to control the tail servo inverted in your transmitter's setup

If you did it would always give a positive feedback instead of negative, and the heli would always spin.
Boris13 is offline Find More Posts by Boris13
Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM
United States, CA, Castaic
Joined Sep 2014
31 Posts
Boris,
Where should I change that in the devo 7e?
What values do you suggest there...
aimHigher is online now Find More Posts by aimHigher
Old Today, 02:06 AM
Joined Jan 2013
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimHigher View Post
Boris,
Where should I change that in the devo 7e?
What values do you suggest there...
Function ==> REVSW ==> RUDD (should be NORM,you can try REV)

But I don't think that's the case.
If the signal from transmitter would be reversed, right rudder input would give left turn and viceversa.
But the gyro should still stop heli from spinning.