HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:56 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
It's too bad some people prefer to bash other users rather than just post their opinion about a topic or discuss a topic in a mature mannor.
I know in the US, businesses that ship a lot of product get shipping discounts that they don't pass along to their customers. I would assume HK gets shipping discounts also. That is a lot of extra profit when you consider how many orders they ship.
Yea. And after all that monstrous extra profits made by HK, we the consumer still save over 500-10,000% over our LHS or many US vendors, so I'll continue to buy from HK. Thank you very much for that insightful opinion.

but of course, You still continue to shop there so what's the point.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
Yea. And after all that monstrous extra profits made by HK, we the consumer still save over 500-10,000% over our LHS or many US vendors, so I'll continue to buy from HK. Thank you very much for that insightful opinion.

but of course, You still continue to shop there so what's the point.
I'm having a real hard time figuring out your math?
You can continue to buy from HK exclusively if you like. I will shop at the store that has what I want at a fair price, I'm not in love with any of them. Thanks to Paypal I don't have to worry.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Last edited by valanti256; Sep 27, 2012 at 05:17 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:15 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,833 Posts
Quote:
I'm having a real hard time figuring out your math?
You can continue to buy from HK exclusively if you like. I will shop at the store that has what I want at a fair price, I'm not in love with any of them. Thanks to Paypal I don't have to worry.
I still can't figure you out. I'm just quoting you. Wasn't it you that said and I quote "I will continue to shop at HK", hmmm...but now all of a sudden HK's prices aren't fair anymore. Hmmmm. dude make up your mind. Next you'll say HK is the best place on earth
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:18 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
HK manipulates shipping weights and prices to increase their profits just like everything else they do.
Why is it that every time someone posts anything other than gleaming praise for HK they are bashed or told to go shop somewhere else? HK doesn't say shop somewhere else why do you. They sure don't mind taking our money even if we complain. If HK lost every customer that had a complaint about them they would have gone out of out of business long ago. The OP was simply questioning shipping weights.
Was that last sentence really necessary.
What a bunch of nonsensical hypothetical babble, unsupported and unproven in any way shape or form. Some folks offer proof, some folks offer opinion, others just continue to rant for the sake of ranting. Lay out your conclusive proof that HK manipulates shipping, and profits from it. Oh, and just for giggles, can you tell me any other company that DOESN"T make a profit from ":all the other things that they do". Would you run a business that way? Please calculate and tabulate how many customers have complained, and show how they should be out of business. Make sure to include the total number of sales and customers they have too, that will kinda help in the whole scheme of things.

You seem to have so many things to say about HK, but I'm hard pressed to see where you've backed anything up with any evidence. Your opinion is one thing, proof is another.

Can't wait to see the details.......
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
What a bunch of nonsensical hypothetical babble, unsupported and unproven in any way shape or form. Some folks offer proof, some folks offer opinion, others just continue to rant for the sake of ranting. Lay out your conclusive proof that HK manipulates shipping, and profits from it. Oh, and just for giggles, can you tell me any other company that DOESN"T make a profit from ":all the other things that they do". Would you run a business that way? Please calculate and tabulate how many customers have complained, and show how they should be out of business. Make sure to include the total number of sales and customers they have too, that will kinda help in the whole scheme of things.

You seem to have so many things to say about HK, but I'm hard pressed to see where you've backed anything up with any evidence. Your opinion is one thing, proof is another.

Can't wait to see the details.......
I know what I'm talking about and have all the proof I need.
If what I said is just "a bunch of nonsensical hypothetical babble " Why don't YOU prove me wrong.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:34 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Misquote, Spin, Partial Quote as needed.

Quote:
I still can't figure you out. I'm just quoting you. Wasn't it you that said and I quote "I will continue to shop at HK", hmmm...but now all of a sudden HK's prices aren't fair anymore. Hmmmm. dude make up your mind. Next you'll say HK is the best place on earth
What I actually said is on this forum for anyone to see.
You can misquote, partial quote or spin what I said to suit your needs but the truth is still there.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:42 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,833 Posts
Quote:
What I actually said is on this forum for anyone to see.
You can misquote, partial quote or spin what I said to suit your needs but the truth is still there.
Ok. I'm sorry I misquoted. I missed a space at the end. I'll now copy and paste

You wrote in black and white ""I will continue to shop at HK".

Here's your post:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=14

Nothing taken out of context nor spinning of any sort. it's black and white man. Just admit it, you love HK.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:16 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
"I will continue to shop at HK or any other store I choose to do business with when they have something I wish to purchase. It's that simple. "

Hey, it really is that simple.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:24 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
ahhhhhhh yessssss

Quote:
I know what I'm talking about and have all the proof I need.
If what I said is just "a bunch of nonsensical hypothetical babble " Why don't YOU prove me wrong.
Brilliant. That's almost as meaningful as " i know you are but what am I".
So you want me to prove you wrong. I don't need to, you do that almost every time you post.

And, I'm not the one making allegations about shill reviews, and manipulation of weights, and basically blaming HK for the worlds problems. That would be you. Constantly. Repeatedly. And without a iota of evidence. Ever.

But please, now that you've indicated you have proof, please illuminate us, please share the wealth, please contribute. This evidence could ultimately be what brings this multinational corporation down!

Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:31 PM
Joined Jun 2011
29 Posts
To the OP, the weights Hobby King and all vendors that I know of use to calculate shipping are volumetric shipping weights.Google volumetric shipping and you will see what it is all about. Basically a 1 cubic meter block of foam weighing 1kg would have a volumetric shipping weight of probably 10 or more kg's. If you check the rates yourself with HK Post or who ever you chose to deliver your shipment, you will see HK make no profit on shipping. I have checked a few of my packages and in fact HK have lost on the shipping, in some cases the packages have the HK post office stamp on them with the amount HK paid, so it is easy too see exactly what the postage was.

Hope that explains it for you.

cheers
Tony
Tony7 is offline Find More Posts by Tony7
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:56 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jul 2011
288 Posts
Ah, 'volumetric shipping rates'... Of course. Not the same as straight weight.

Amazing how a modicum of fact will blow the conspiracy theory nut case arguments out of the water. I find it is a good policy when arguing on the interwebs to ask for facts that might support or detract from an assertion rather than make a wild emotive assertion as though it were proven fact. That is a very quick way to make yourself look very foolish indeed.
cold wombat is online now Find More Posts by cold wombat
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:58 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
+1.

Tony,

No explanation will do, rest assured. He has PROOF !

Your explanation is great, you correctly note the issue of volumetric shipping versus actual weight. It's about the size of the package (as it usually the case, heyoooo!)
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:05 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony7 View Post
To the OP, the weights Hobby King and all vendors that I know of use to calculate shipping are volumetric shipping weights.Google volumetric shipping and you will see what it is all about. Basically a 1 cubic meter block of foam weighing 1kg would have a volumetric shipping weight of probably 10 or more kg's. If you check the rates yourself with HK Post or who ever you chose to deliver your shipment, you will see HK make no profit on shipping. I have checked a few of my packages and in fact HK have lost on the shipping, in some cases the packages have the HK post office stamp on them with the amount HK paid, so it is easy too see exactly what the postage was.

Hope that explains it for you.

cheers
Tony
You are wasting your time. Logic and reason are thrown out the window in these discussions. Some people just want to see hobbyking burn for whatever reason... Too bad their prices cant be beat and they wont be going anywhere anytime soon lol
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:49 AM
Joined Jun 2011
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudflying View Post
You are wasting your time. Logic and reason are thrown out the window in these discussions. Some people just want to see hobbyking burn for whatever reason... Too bad their prices cant be beat and they wont be going anywhere anytime soon lol
I tend to ignore the HK haters..one has to wonder if by chance they don't own a hobby shop :-)

The original post was a good question, that deserved an answer and hopefully he and others now understands how it all works.You can use it to your advantage at times or at least assemble your order more efficiently.

It is a shame that many of the complaints here could be easily explained by more experienced HK shoppers. I guess most don't bother as it inevitably turns into yet another HK hate thread and of course anyone who tries to help must be a HK shill, rather than someone wanting to help a fellow modeler.

Cheers
Tony
Tony7 is offline Find More Posts by Tony7
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
I know- None of us can hide. I like this magnifying glass feature!
Just pointing to other users that may not know about this feature, since I've been on this site for many years and just barely found out.

But yes. If you must, Let's break down the facts-

Mine
you'll see that 99.999999% of my posts are helpful legit post
with 17.46% in the Batteries and Chargers (helping noobies)
with (2.77% post in the HK Clipped wing cub thread, where I'm helpful with setup)

Yours:
67.89% of them are in the HobbyKing threads, and almost 20% in 1 single HK hate thread.

You were saying???
Spin, Spin, Spin the facts as much as you like. The real truth is there for anyone who cares to do a search.
Hate thread???
Last edited by valanti256; Oct 06, 2012 at 01:14 PM.