HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:29 AM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Aug 2009
86 Posts
Question
E-Flite Super Cub 25e Servos

Hey guys,

I apologise if this has been covered before, but I've done a lot of searching and the huge amount of info has me a bit lost.

I'm trying to figure out which servos to buy for my first RC build - the E-Flite Super Cub 25e. In the past i've only owned BnF kits so i'm a bit confused as to what electronics to buy.

The recommended servo is the Spektrum A5030 but most places seem to have no stock plus it's quite expensive here in New Zealand.

Can anyone that's built this plane recommend a servo that will fit in the stock mounts with minimum/no modification of the plane? Would prefer to buy from Hobby King or Amain.

Any info really appreciated. Cheers!
UnitedWeFall is online now Find More Posts by UnitedWeFall
Last edited by UnitedWeFall; Aug 27, 2012 at 06:42 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:03 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Aug 2009
86 Posts
Anyone?
UnitedWeFall is online now Find More Posts by UnitedWeFall
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:56 PM
Lusby, MD 20657
Joined Mar 2001
501 Posts
Did you review Super Cub thread, you might find your answers there.
pdansalvish is offline Find More Posts by pdansalvish
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:28 AM
Gilbert, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
1,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedWeFall View Post
Hey guys,

I apologise if this has been covered before, but I've done a lot of searching and the huge amount of info has me a bit lost.

I'm trying to figure out which servos to buy for my first RC build - the E-Flite Super Cub 25e. In the past i've only owned BnF kits so i'm a bit confused as to what electronics to buy.

The recommended servo is the Spektrum A5030 but most places seem to have no stock plus it's quite expensive here in New Zealand.

Can anyone that's built this plane recommend a servo that will fit in the stock mounts with minimum/no modification of the plane? Would prefer to buy from Hobby King or Amain.

Hitec 225mg or regular. Only mod is you have to cut the frame for the wing servo mounts, takes about 10 seconds though and is no big deal.
M.Huerta is offline Find More Posts by M.Huerta
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:19 AM
Joined Feb 2012
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedWeFall View Post
Hey guys,

I used Eagle E381 torque 4.1 kg-cm
Speed 0.22 sec/60deg
weight 22.5g
Size: L32.9mm x W14.7mm x H26.1mm
Voltage 4.8v

They fit perfectly.
DaveClaxton is offline Find More Posts by DaveClaxton