http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...ichest/259661/
dll932 is online now Find More Posts by dll932
Old Jul 12, 2012, 09:56 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Sounds good to me.

I'm tired of being in a group that pays the lion's share of taxes in this country.
It's about time that those who have been on the receiving end of my largess start paying part, just part, of their own way.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:03 PM
Troy ,OH
Joined Jan 2004
1,813 Posts
Just goes to show they are only as smart as their advisors.
Ever wonder why Bush was better at firing then hiring.

The problem with this countries economy is beyond bush and Obama. Romney will be no different because they all rely on others mistakes to prolong the problem.

We need very smart people who are willing to do whatever it takes to fix the problems we face.the issue is we are lacking those smart people.
grumman5277 is offline Find More Posts by grumman5277
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:04 PM
Joined Aug 2011
722 Posts
Quote:
Romney wants to extend the Bush law into perpetuity and cut each marginal tax rate by an additional 20 percent
My god! what is he thinking!!!
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:06 PM
Troy ,OH
Joined Jan 2004
1,813 Posts
I agree with that 100%.
If I pay 30% everyone should pay 30%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight View Post
Sounds good to me.

I'm tired of being in a group that pays the lion's share of taxes in this country.
It's about time that those who have been on the receiving end of my largess start paying part, just part, of their own way.
grumman5277 is offline Find More Posts by grumman5277
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:07 PM
USA, PA, Westmoreland Co.
Joined Aug 2008
1,327 Posts
Meaning the 48% who pay no income tax at all right now? ( this does not mean ss taxes, medicare taxes, unemplyment, and all the others - just no income taxes).
I wish he would push for a flat tax, for all but the very lowest of incomes, and retirees living on pensions/401Ks.
jonquinn is offline Find More Posts by jonquinn
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:25 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,592 Posts
For those who have an aversion to reading anything but FAUX, Drudge, et al..

Quote:
The outcome is higher taxes for all but the rich. In TPC's illustration, Romney's plan would raise taxes on every income group except for the top 5 percent. The blue tips in the graph below show you what happens to effective tax rates in a revenue-neutral Romney tax plan. When the right bar is higher than the left bar, that's where Romney's tax rate is higher than today's tax rate.
Before you ask for a link reference look, its from the OP.

The biggest concern one should read from the Tax Policy report is that the deficit will balloon hugely compared to where its headed now with Obama. No matter what Romney's claims about cutting spending, we all know that's not gonna happen with all the lobbying & special interests that control Washington.
herrmill is online now Find More Posts by herrmill
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:38 PM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
wait ... I though progressives liked higher taxes ...
logan5 is offline Find More Posts by logan5
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:40 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Aug 2007
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight View Post
Sounds good to me.

No way! YOU want to breathe clean air then YOU buy me an electric car.
Pipemajor is offline Find More Posts by Pipemajor
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:23 AM
Not watchin from the sideline
United States, OH
Joined Nov 2011
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonquinn View Post
Meaning the 48% who pay no income tax at all right now? ( this does not mean ss taxes, medicare taxes, unemplyment, and all the others - just no income taxes).
I wish he would push for a flat tax, for all but the very lowest of incomes, and retirees living on pensions/401Ks.
77,027,917 Americans are under the age of 18. Is your statistic including them?
http://www.census.gov/popest/archive...T90INT-04.html
Yeaman is offline Find More Posts by Yeaman
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:02 AM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932 View Post
Lets see, take a statement in a speech, assume it's going to be fully implemented with the worst possible scenarios. At the same time, do not take the opponents stances and apply the same treatment.

Nothing more than free headlines for Obama to throw into his TV ads. It's what the liberal media does for it's candidates.
Indiana_Geoff is offline Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:13 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,818 Posts
If a flat tax was good enough for God, it is good enough for me. And of course His tax was only on the increase. That part is always left out.

Important Lesson:

We will never be able to tax our way out of this ditch. Until we learn to control spending, our future is doomed. Spending, not income, is our problem at every governmental level. When the spending priorities are wrong, the results will not be satisfactory or beneficial.
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:26 AM
Smoke & Fire
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2001
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
why would you want an electric car when its been proven that the power plant puts off more polution to charge the car than an equal gasoline powered car?
Naja Kaouthia is offline Find More Posts by Naja Kaouthia
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:32 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
If YOU want your clean air, then YOU pay as much in taxes as I do.

Then after you are paying your "fair share" of taxes (finally!), then YOU go buy your own damn electric car just as I would have to go buy my own (if I indeed wanted to drive a car that ultimately created MORE pollution than what I'm driving now).

So, to even things up and have clean air, in order, the things we need to do are:
1. YOU pay your fair share in taxes just as I am paying MORE than my fair share in taxes.
2. See step #1.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:52 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrmill View Post
For those who have an aversion to reading anything but FAUX, Drudge, et al..

Before you ask for a link reference look, its from the OP.

The biggest concern one should read from the Tax Policy report is that the deficit will balloon hugely compared to where its headed now with Obama. No matter what Romney's claims about cutting spending, we all know that's not gonna happen with all the lobbying & special interests that control Washington.
You don't think the deficit is ballooning under Obama? The CBO would beg to differ.
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492