HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 07, 2012, 02:25 AM
FLY IY, BREAK IT, FIX IT,
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2005
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impailer View Post
Thanks - I have emailed Freewing - has anyone actually confirmed they manufacture this plane?

Nowt on RC Castle, but will also email them.

Appreciate the pointers - how frustrating that there is so little information provided by Sebart!
Rc castle said no-go, but suggested a 6s setup. Will chase Sebart and Hobby Lobby.

Might end up getting a rtf model and keep kit for spares if I can't get a satisfactory answer.

V2 models detailed in uk with 45a esc's -I thought that they had put more headroom on the new version?
Impailer is offline Find More Posts by Impailer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2012, 03:29 AM
Wats the worst that can happen
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jan 2009
521 Posts
Quote:
Rc castle said no-go, but suggested a 6s setup. Will chase Sebart and Hobby Lobby.

Might end up getting a rtf model and keep kit for spares if I can't get a satisfactory answer.

V2 models detailed in uk with 45a esc's -I thought that they had put more headroom on the new version?
good luck! i'm waiting with baited breath.
TheCure is online now Find More Posts by TheCure
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Mods to My RC Electronics
Old Jun 09, 2012, 07:14 PM
Østre toten Norway
Norge, Oppland, Østre Toten
Joined Jan 2011
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
Found something else whilst putting it together. Coming from the gyro I have a split lead joined to rudder and then gyro sense single white lead which then goes into servo extension plug marked as gyro sense! So far this all makes sense coming from helis.

However I also have a 2nd servo extension lead (loose) marked as gyro sense? I can't see what this is for as the existing one reaches the rx

Any ideas? Or just a spare put in by mistake?
2nd lead is "not for use". Maybe for programming/updating ??. Do not use Head hold, use normal mode. This gyro is made fore Heli's, not "fixwing".
Frode
frode h is offline Find More Posts by frode h
Old Jun 10, 2012, 03:45 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frode h View Post
Do not use Head hold, use normal mode.
+1 very important advice.

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Old Jun 11, 2012, 09:39 AM
Joined Jun 2005
839 Posts
Right. I've given up on a sensible answer from any of the distributors on where to get a stock motor and bought a second hand Mig with everything, except gyro.

Can anyone recommend a suitable gyro to put in and also provide a diagram of how to wire it up?

Any help appreciated - thanks in advance
Old Jun 11, 2012, 01:52 PM
Joined Jun 2005
839 Posts
Hurrah - I have had a response from my local sebart distributor and sebart themselves!!!!

Area 51 (uk distributor) said email my LHS - not much use there!

Sebart said email Area 51!!!!!!!!

I emailed Sebart back to see if they had stock and they said:

"SORRY I DO NOT HAVE IN STOCK TOO.

THEY ARE GOING TO GET A CONTAINER FROM CINA SOON
SO THEY CAN PUT YOUR ITEMS IN THEIR ORDER TOO

SORRY
SEBA"

Not much f'ing use either!
Old Jun 11, 2012, 06:26 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,483 Posts
Quote:
Right. I've given up on a sensible answer from any of the distributors on where to get a stock motor and bought a second hand Mig with everything, except gyro.

Can anyone recommend a suitable gyro to put in and also provide a diagram of how to wire it up?

Any help appreciated - thanks in advance
Any heading hold gyro will work, it will be wired in between the rudder and reciever plus another lead that goes to the channel you want to use to turn it on and off...

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
Old Jun 11, 2012, 08:24 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,008 Posts
Has anyone flown this jet with a gyro in heading-hold mode? I've always found HH to be more trouble than it's worth.
fredmdbud is offline Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Jun 12, 2012, 02:08 AM
Joined Jun 2005
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter View Post
Any heading hold gyro will work, it will be wired in between the rudder and reciever plus another lead that goes to the channel you want to use to turn it on and off...

Jack
Thanks Jack

I have an Esky 0704B and a Detrum GY192. Both appear to have a HH mode - I note there is some debate on whether to use HH or Rate mode, but happy to try both.

Is there a way to switch off the gyro from a TX (JR3810)? or is it a case of once installed, always on? I am sure I saw someone on the forum say they had the gyro off in one of their [3] flight modes, but I've no idea if this is actually possible.

Thanks in advance.....
Old Jun 12, 2012, 05:11 AM
The land down under
Australia, NSW
Joined Jul 2010
563 Posts
Quote:
Hurrah - I have had a response from my local sebart distributor and sebart themselves!!!!

Area 51 (uk distributor) said email my LHS - not much use there!

Sebart said email Area 51!!!!!!!!

I emailed Sebart back to see if they had stock and they said:

THEY ARE GOING TO GET A CONTAINER FROM CINA SOON
SO THEY CAN PUT YOUR ITEMS IN THEIR ORDER TOO

SORRY
SEBA"

Not much f'ing use either!
What is the KV of the motor? Yes they are made by freewing.
simo71 is offline Find More Posts by simo71
Old Jun 12, 2012, 06:24 AM
Joined Jun 2005
839 Posts
No Idea Simo - I would guess around 3800-4200kv running on a 4S.

EDIT: On reflection, possibly lower.
this looks promising
http://edfhobbies.com/index.php?rout...&product_id=71
Last edited by Impailer; Jun 12, 2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 06:43 AM
The land down under
Australia, NSW
Joined Jul 2010
563 Posts
I'd has it a guess that they are 3000kv, what color are the motors?
simo71 is offline Find More Posts by simo71
Old Jun 12, 2012, 06:53 AM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,483 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Jack

I have an Esky 0704B and a Detrum GY192. Both appear to have a HH mode - I note there is some debate on whether to use HH or Rate mode, but happy to try both.

Is there a way to switch off the gyro from a TX (JR3810)? or is it a case of once installed, always on? I am sure I saw someone on the forum say they had the gyro off in one of their [3] flight modes, but I've no idea if this is actually possible.

Thanks in advance.....
Yes, you have an 8 channel TX so as long as you use an RX with enough channels, you can plug the gyro into a spare channel (Seba uses the gear channel) and then be able to turn on and off heading hold (when in mix mode 2) using the gear switch. Seba has you create 3 modes using the aileron rate switch if you follow the default programming. You can then select mode 2 (gyro enabled, we're calling the 3 modes 0, 1 and 2) and you then can control heading hold mode with the gear switch whenever you decide to use it, as in hover...

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
Old Jun 12, 2012, 01:20 PM
Joined Jun 2005
839 Posts
Righto, just picked up a second hand one (was thinking this was the only way to get stock motors!) Not sure of its pedigree.......

Given it the once over and it has 50A Black Mantis ESC's, so they are not stock. Looking down the EDF units, I can see gold/yellow coloured motors.

I am beginning to suspect the motors may not be stock either! Are the stock ones purple?

I need to fire it up I guess and see what amps/watts I pull to get a feel for whether I have bought a model with stock motors......any thoughts?
Old Jun 12, 2012, 03:17 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,145 Posts
Quote:

Hacker Motors in Germany has the V2 in stock. Maybe they can ship to the UK? See hacker-motor.com.

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges