SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 06, 2013, 09:51 AM
Joined Aug 2013
91 Posts
I haven't received any replies from HK CS. I offered to them that I would accept a full refund, but they didn't reply to that option..... Tick Tock, as of Nov 12, I'm escalating my PayPal dispute to a claim. I've been more than reasonable with HK, and its unfortunate that they are putting me in this position.
ncnmra is offline Find More Posts by ncnmra
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2013, 10:43 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,168 Posts
Did you make this cancellation request by using the Support Centre?

If not, here's the route.
#1 Sign in
#2 Go to CUSTOMER SERVICE - Contact Us at the bottom of the page.
#3 Go to Customer Support Centre
#4 Go to Submit a Request
#5 Submit request. Use that same support number for all correspondence about that problem. You can re-open the request if it has been closed.

Ask that your money be returned to PayPal or else you will get credits which cannot be used for shipping.

It's been taking several days to get an answer via this route but everything is in writing.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Nov 06, 2013, 10:56 AM
Joined Aug 2013
91 Posts
Yes I did. I originally started the request some time ago after receiving the email on Oct 11 that my package had returned and would be reshipped. As it turns out it was NOT returned to their WH at that point (and it sounds like the email was just an auto generated one). They ended up starting an investigation with SGP, and in the mean time my order status (on their website--in their notes) was updated with "Returned to Kerry WH", (on Oct 29th). I was hopeful they would reship it rather quickly, but they did not, so I submitted a query asking for a status update, or at least a timeframe for them to reship it.

At that point, I was presented with the "we won't help you until you close your PayPal dispute". I then stated that I will not do so, and followed up giving them the option to refund my money if they can't or will not ship it. Since then, they have ignored me, so I certainly will NOT be closing my PayPal dispute.

Therefore, I have been playing by their "rules" the whole time, and trying to avoid getting PayPal involved... I'm really disappointed by this whole situation. I'm still hopeful they will act before Nov 12th, but at this point I'm seeing PayPal as my only recourse.
Old Nov 06, 2013, 04:08 PM
United States, CT, Bridgeport
Joined May 2012
1,504 Posts
I have to give Hobby King a pat on the back for my last order. I placed the order from the Hong Kong warehouse on November 30, and it arrived today. I used swiss post, and it was a small order with no batteries., I wish all the orders would come in one week like this one.
stevea3342 is online now Find More Posts by stevea3342
Old Nov 06, 2013, 04:22 PM
Joined Aug 2013
91 Posts
I presume you mean October 30? That's 5 days? Wow! I don't think Swiss Post is an option to Canada, which is such a shame, as I've heard good things.
Old Nov 06, 2013, 04:38 PM
United States, CT, Bridgeport
Joined May 2012
1,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncnmra View Post
I presume you mean October 30? That's 5 days? Wow! I don't think Swiss Post is an option to Canada, which is such a shame, as I've heard good things.
Yes, October 30. 5 days, amazing. Swiss Post is usally fast, so long as HK gives them the package.
stevea3342 is online now Find More Posts by stevea3342
Old Nov 06, 2013, 08:25 PM
Joined Dec 2011
46 Posts
Does Cheap mean crappy....

We'll after all the ranting I've done over the customer service emails with HK, things seem to be changing.

Quick catch up,,

Order placed 12.09.13 or 09/12/13 for you Americans,

Shipped 28.09.13, tracking number didn't work. 35 or so emails back and fourth, went nowhere. an investigation was logged with the courier company on 22nd October, Today I noticed they've changed the tracking number.

Problem - it's not a link to a website so i don't know who it's with. I've logged another customer service email to see if they can give me any information on the new tracking number. No one has actually told me of the change I've just noticed it.

Surely, if you're going to repack and send a new order you would notify the customer? Likewise if you've tracked down the lost package and are going to send it??
K1w1ana is offline Find More Posts by K1w1ana
Old Nov 06, 2013, 11:15 PM
Joined Aug 2013
91 Posts
Sadly, my patience has run out. This is the latest reply I got from CS.

Quote:
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. We understand where you are coming from. However we will not be able to provide further assistance if the Paypal dispute is still open. I will highly recommend that you need to close the dispute first. Once the dispute is close that is the only time that we can take another action regarding your concern. We already have the verification regarding your claim and we are only waiting for you to close the dispute as this is the only thing that is hindering us to provide you further assistance and solving this issue. We are looking forward to your response. Hope for your patience and understanding regarding to this matter.
I even offered HK to simply refund my money, but clearly they want to play this BS, so I guess they will lose more now. I'm sincerely tired of these games they are playing, and I'm escalating my dispute to a claim.

Very sad
Old Nov 08, 2013, 09:30 PM
Joined Aug 2011
590 Posts
Maybe it's me being impatient but I ordered a set of e-Tracts Oct 5th from Hobbyking... and got email saying it had shipped from the warehouse in HK on Oct 7th..

I wait a day or two to get my tracking number and at this point I started to worry about my parts.. The tracking number I got was not the normal one I have gotten in the past
when it went Singapore Post then the USPS...this thing went to SwissPost... which I have never heard of.. So I waited a few more days and tried the number again..

it said either it has not shipped from the Warehouse or the tracking number is invalid..

So I tried the old time honored "CHAT" which has been helpful in the past but after waiting for 45 minutes somebody comes online , I gave them the order number and told them the issue, he told me that the tracking number just has not updated give it a few more days.. I'm thinking- it's been over a week now..how much more time do they needs?

so a few more days goes by and I try Chat again- this time I get a Jennifer- this time I got more of an answer - We are having a backlog at the warehouse and shipping
has been running behind... Ok that's fine but where the hell is my package? I was told to check back in 1 week... Miffed at this point... I waited a few more days and got the same person back in chat- this time she did say it had shipped - they acknowledged the tracking number was wrong for some reason but my parts are enroute either way...but was told it could be up to 45 days.... UPTO 45 days? I ordered two other parts since then and they got here before the parts I was contacting for !!!!!
The 3 or 4th contact I was promised an email from the warehouse manager - that never happened..so I tried one more time...and I was told - the package was sent- you will get it... when is the question- mean while I have a jet (XB-70) with no front landing gear and now the weather has went south... and I still don't have my FREAKING package.

Any advice or should I just crack open a beer and enjoy it?
Turbobearcat is offline Find More Posts by Turbobearcat
Old Nov 13, 2013, 12:47 AM
Joined Nov 2013
1 Posts
HobbyKing is not shipping

Here's my story,
If this post stops at least one potential buyer from not purchasing from hobbyking my job is done.

I ordered my lithium ion polymer batteries from the HK warehouse on 31/08, got an email saying it has left their warehouse on the 02/09, good start. Then last month "chatted" to them asking where my order was as it had been over a month, they gave me some story about it being delivered back from customs in China and they will try resending it a different route. I chatted to them again on the 06/11 and they told me they hadn't tracked down my original package and they would submit a tracking request or some BS, but I was advisd that unfortunately that process could take up to 4-6 weeks and "Sorry for any inconvenience". I told them that was a "no go" as I had already been waiting over a month and I wanted my money back, they changed the subject and said they would chase it. Basically I don't give a flying f*** about they crappy shipping issues and where the original package is. I just want my money back. So it's 45days since my order was placed. I'm chasing up customer services for a response.

I just found this BS video
Hobbyking Daily - Urgent update on international shipping. (1 min 29 sec)
full of promises and no follow through.

Next time you see something on Hobbyking and think about ordering it, MOVE ON, you'll get taken for a ride.
Agusta2002 is offline Find More Posts by Agusta2002
Old Nov 13, 2013, 06:25 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
New account, first post is a HK rant? Your story won't really stop anyone from buying there, might even cause people to look the company up and then buy from them when they see the prices.

You should have just filed with PP and let them do the hard work.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 13, 2013, 09:23 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,168 Posts
Yeah, HK and everyone else in Asia had shipping problems with lipos in Oct. but my latest orders got to me in 10 and 14 days. That's back to how it was years ago, a real improvement over last year IMO.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Nov 13, 2013, 04:47 PM
Joined Dec 2011
46 Posts
Does Cheap mean crappy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbobearcat View Post
Maybe it's me being impatient but I ordered a set of e-Tracts Oct 5th from Hobbyking... and got email saying it had shipped from the warehouse in HK on Oct 7th..

I wait a day or two to get my tracking number and at this point I started to worry about my parts.. The tracking number I got was not the normal one I have gotten in the past
when it went Singapore Post then the USPS...this thing went to SwissPost... which I have never heard of.. So I waited a few more days and tried the number again..

it said either it has not shipped from the Warehouse or the tracking number is invalid..

So I tried the old time honored "CHAT" which has been helpful in the past but after waiting for 45 minutes somebody comes online , I gave them the order number and told them the issue, he told me that the tracking number just has not updated give it a few more days.. I'm thinking- it's been over a week now..how much more time do they needs?

so a few more days goes by and I try Chat again- this time I get a Jennifer- this time I got more of an answer - We are having a backlog at the warehouse and shipping
has been running behind... Ok that's fine but where the hell is my package? I was told to check back in 1 week... Miffed at this point... I waited a few more days and got the same person back in chat- this time she did say it had shipped - they acknowledged the tracking number was wrong for some reason but my parts are enroute either way...but was told it could be up to 45 days.... UPTO 45 days? I ordered two other parts since then and they got here before the parts I was contacting for !!!!!
The 3 or 4th contact I was promised an email from the warehouse manager - that never happened..so I tried one more time...and I was told - the package was sent- you will get it... when is the question- mean while I have a jet (XB-70) with no front landing gear and now the weather has went south... and I still don't have my FREAKING package.

Any advice or should I just crack open a beer and enjoy it?
Hey Bud, Honestly, HK Customer services is so crap. Always with the standard customer service answers. "we apologise for the inconvenience, your package was shipped" blah blah blah...all talk. I ordered my package on the 12th of September, it got lost apparently. They logged an investigation Oct 22nd, on the 12th of Nov, they gave me a new tracking number. Now apparently that was shipped on the 9th of Nov...yet, these been no update since. Funny thing is, the flight the package apparently go on, is a one way flight from Nandi Fiji to LAX USA. I live in New Zealand. I just log a new customer request everyday, I'm honestly up to about 100 emails. But really, it seems to be a losing battle with HK. Anyone know any hackers that want to take down their website? Maybe that will get their attention.
K1w1ana is offline Find More Posts by K1w1ana
Old Nov 13, 2013, 08:25 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1w1ana View Post
Hey Bud, Honestly, HK Customer services is so crap. Always with the standard customer service answers. "we apologise for the inconvenience, your package was shipped" blah blah blah...all talk. I ordered my package on the 12th of September, it got lost apparently. They logged an investigation Oct 22nd, on the 12th of Nov, they gave me a new tracking number. Now apparently that was shipped on the 9th of Nov...yet, these been no update since. Funny thing is, the flight the package apparently go on, is a one way flight from Nandi Fiji to LAX USA. I live in New Zealand. I just log a new customer request everyday, I'm honestly up to about 100 emails. But really, it seems to be a losing battle with HK. Anyone know any hackers that want to take down their website? Maybe that will get their attention.
brilliant. Tie them up with a new request everyday and wonder why there is a delay in service. And then suggest a hacker damage the site. Let me guess, someone would complain that the site was down and they couldn't buy stuff.

Stop using them if you don't like them. It's rather simple no?
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 14, 2013, 05:51 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,380 Posts
Ok I finally got HK to refund my order (the order was turned down at singapore post and returned to warehouse, then it was never heard from again, no new tracking number). They said it may take 7 days for the refund process, looks like this is finally going in the right direction.
Cheese5 is online now Find More Posts by Cheese5