HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 18, 2014, 01:21 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,478 Posts
Sperry,

The 5.75" x 2.5" Pitts/Yak prop is a serious stump-puller. It allows the CC to pull vertically out of a torque-roll - even with the 2300Kv or 2500Kv motor. When paired with the 3000Kv motor, it's a thrust-monster! The copious amount of low-end grunt with that combo is perfect for torquing your way through vertical maneuvers with the Beast at closer to scale-appearing speeds.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2014, 01:55 PM
United States, LA, Jena
Joined Jan 2011
121 Posts
Oh Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Sperry,

The 5.75" x 2.5" Pitts/Yak prop is a serious stump-puller. It allows the CC to pull vertically out of a torque-roll - even with the 2300Kv or 2500Kv motor. When paired with the 3000Kv motor, it's a thrust-monster! The copious amount of low-end grunt with that combo is perfect for torquing your way through vertical maneuvers with the Beast at closer to scale-appearing speeds.

Joel
I have a new one on and it's balanced! It's raining all over my backyard airport now which is par for the course. Fed ex did just bring me a brand new sbach so I will spend my day off putting CA bearings and strengthening the elevator. I need Amazon to come on with my 2300 kv motors!
sperry12 is online now Find More Posts by sperry12
Old Dec 18, 2014, 01:59 PM
RCG Hover King
United States, LA, St Francisville
Joined Apr 2014
773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry12 View Post
I have a new one on and it's balanced! It's raining all over my backyard airport now which is par for the course. Fed ex did just bring me a brand new sbach so I will spend my day off putting CA bearings and strengthening the elevator. I need Amazon to come on with my 2300 kv motors!
Before you fly the Sbach-

REINFORCE THE NOSE!!!!!!!!!!!! I just shrugged it off, and sure enough, I broke the nose off trying to hover too low.
Eagle2Nitro is online now Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCG Hover King Title
Old Dec 18, 2014, 02:13 PM
United States, LA, Jena
Joined Jan 2011
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2Nitro View Post
Before you fly the Sbach-

REINFORCE THE NOSE!!!!!!!!!!!! I just shrugged it off, and sure enough, I broke the nose off trying to hover too low.
Man I'm glad you brought that up, because now I remember seeing some examples of that on the Sbach discussion thread. I'm going over there now to dig it up. Thanks!
Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM
United States, LA, Jena
Joined Jan 2011
121 Posts
Great

Cool weather with that good old Louisiana thick air and NO wind, she got to eat up 13 batteries before I couldn't see. This very small airplane makes me happy.
Old Today, 08:19 AM
RCG Hover King
Joined Apr 2014
773 Posts
Quote:
Cool weather with that good old Louisiana thick air and NO wind, she got to eat up 13 batteries before I couldn't see. This very small airplane makes me happy.
Isn't the weather great? Not too cold, not too hot.
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 10:04 AM
United States, LA, Jena
Joined Jan 2011
121 Posts
Quote:
Isn't the weather great? Not too cold, not too hot.
Yeah man it is and it's gonna be good for us today too! I noticed for sure your location, and in my opinion you got the best spot in LA. It is so beautiful!
Old Today, 03:33 PM
RCG Hover King
Joined Apr 2014
773 Posts
Quote:
Yeah man it is and it's gonna be good for us today too! I noticed for sure your location, and in my opinion you got the best spot in LA. It is so beautiful!
Yup! Just spent the morning at the Red Stick R/C club field. Wonderful day for micros, less than 5 mph. wind. I got to fly a friend's Twisted Hobbies Extra Slick, it was awesome. Soooo smooth. My next plane is going to be a TH 32", either the Crack Yak or the MXS-C. Another guy had the TH Crack Turbo Beaver, that looks awesome too! Decisions, decisions.
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 07:28 PM
United States, LA, Jena
Joined Jan 2011
121 Posts
Quote:
Yup! Just spent the morning at the Red Stick R/C club field. Wonderful day for micros, less than 5 mph. wind. I got to fly a friend's Twisted Hobbies Extra Slick, it was awesome. Soooo smooth. My next plane is going to be a TH 32", either the Crack Yak or the MXS-C. Another guy had the TH Crack Turbo Beaver, that looks awesome too! Decisions, decisions.
Man I wish I lived where I could participate in a club! I have to drive 2.5 hrs for the nearest! It was a good day though! This evening was like flying indoors without the walls. I have been watching the videos on the Crack Yak. WOW.
Old Today, 08:05 PM
RCG Hover King
Joined Apr 2014
773 Posts
Quote:
Man I wish I lived where I could participate in a club! I have to drive 2.5 hrs for the nearest! It was a good day though! This evening was like flying indoors without the walls. I have been watching the videos on the Crack Yak. WOW.
The Red Stick club field is 45+ minutes away from me, and I have seven younger siblings, so I can only go to the field once every 3-5 weeks. That's why I fly mostly micros.

The TH planes are the best, but you pay for it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 08:26 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
2,172 Posts
Quote:
The Red Stick club field is 45+ minutes away from me, and I have seven younger siblings, so I can only go to the field once every 3-5 weeks. That's why I fly mostly micros.

The TH planes are the best, but you pay for it.
Yes the TH planes r high dollar,,,,,,You can tell your mom and dad that u will be saving them GAS MONEY by not ever haveing to take u to a flying field ever again........ Hover Kong...ha haha ha
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Today, 08:35 PM
RCG Hover King
Joined Apr 2014
773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
Yes the TH planes r high dollar,,,,,,You can tell your mom and dad that u will be saving them GAS MONEY by not ever haveing to take u to a flying field ever again........ Hover Kong...ha haha ha

RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 09:53 PM
United States, LA, Jena
Joined Jan 2011
121 Posts
Quote:

Eagle what do you think the build time would be for the 32" Crack Yak?? Man I can't get off that site! I just always looked at HH. I now want to expand my horizons after digging around TH!
Old Today, 10:12 PM
RCG Hover King
Joined Apr 2014
773 Posts
Quote:
Eagle what do you think the build time would be for the 32" Crack Yak?? Man I can't get off that site! I just always looked at HH. I now want to expand my horizons after digging around TH!
Let me get this straight, you want to expand your horizons by buying from someone other than Horizon?

I don't have a TH plane YET. If you take it slow and make sure everything is perfect, probably 3-4 Hrs? Somebody with a few TH 32"s correct me if I'm wrong.
RCG Plus Member