HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 18, 2014, 01:21 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
turboparker's Avatar
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,478 Posts
Sperry,

The 5.75" x 2.5" Pitts/Yak prop is a serious stump-puller. It allows the CC to pull vertically out of a torque-roll - even with the 2300Kv or 2500Kv motor. When paired with the 3000Kv motor, it's a thrust-monster! The copious amount of low-end grunt with that combo is perfect for torquing your way through vertical maneuvers with the Beast at closer to scale-appearing speeds.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2014, 01:55 PM
Registered User
United States, LA, Jena
Joined Jan 2011
121 Posts
Oh Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Sperry,

The 5.75" x 2.5" Pitts/Yak prop is a serious stump-puller. It allows the CC to pull vertically out of a torque-roll - even with the 2300Kv or 2500Kv motor. When paired with the 3000Kv motor, it's a thrust-monster! The copious amount of low-end grunt with that combo is perfect for torquing your way through vertical maneuvers with the Beast at closer to scale-appearing speeds.

Joel
I have a new one on and it's balanced! It's raining all over my backyard airport now which is par for the course. Fed ex did just bring me a brand new sbach so I will spend my day off putting CA bearings and strengthening the elevator. I need Amazon to come on with my 2300 kv motors!
sperry12 is online now Find More Posts by sperry12
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2014, 01:59 PM
RCG Hover King
Eagle2Nitro's Avatar
United States, LA, St Francisville
Joined Apr 2014
773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry12 View Post
I have a new one on and it's balanced! It's raining all over my backyard airport now which is par for the course. Fed ex did just bring me a brand new sbach so I will spend my day off putting CA bearings and strengthening the elevator. I need Amazon to come on with my 2300 kv motors!
Before you fly the Sbach-

REINFORCE THE NOSE!!!!!!!!!!!! I just shrugged it off, and sure enough, I broke the nose off trying to hover too low.
Eagle2Nitro is online now Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCG Hover King Title
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2014, 02:13 PM
Registered User
United States, LA, Jena
Joined Jan 2011
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2Nitro View Post
Before you fly the Sbach-

REINFORCE THE NOSE!!!!!!!!!!!! I just shrugged it off, and sure enough, I broke the nose off trying to hover too low.
Man I'm glad you brought that up, because now I remember seeing some examples of that on the Sbach discussion thread. I'm going over there now to dig it up. Thanks!
sperry12 is online now Find More Posts by sperry12
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM
Registered User
United States, LA, Jena
Joined Jan 2011
121 Posts
Great

Cool weather with that good old Louisiana thick air and NO wind, she got to eat up 13 batteries before I couldn't see. This very small airplane makes me happy.
sperry12 is online now Find More Posts by sperry12
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:19 AM
RCG Hover King
Eagle2Nitro's Avatar
United States, LA, St Francisville
Joined Apr 2014
773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry12 View Post
Cool weather with that good old Louisiana thick air and NO wind, she got to eat up 13 batteries before I couldn't see. This very small airplane makes me happy.
Isn't the weather great? Not too cold, not too hot.
Eagle2Nitro is online now Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCG Hover King Title
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:04 AM
Registered User
United States, LA, Jena
Joined Jan 2011
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2Nitro View Post
Isn't the weather great? Not too cold, not too hot.
Yeah man it is and it's gonna be good for us today too! I noticed for sure your location, and in my opinion you got the best spot in LA. It is so beautiful!
sperry12 is online now Find More Posts by sperry12
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:33 PM
RCG Hover King
Eagle2Nitro's Avatar
United States, LA, St Francisville
Joined Apr 2014
773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry12 View Post
Yeah man it is and it's gonna be good for us today too! I noticed for sure your location, and in my opinion you got the best spot in LA. It is so beautiful!
Yup! Just spent the morning at the Red Stick R/C club field. Wonderful day for micros, less than 5 mph. wind. I got to fly a friend's Twisted Hobbies Extra Slick, it was awesome. Soooo smooth. My next plane is going to be a TH 32", either the Crack Yak or the MXS-C. Another guy had the TH Crack Turbo Beaver, that looks awesome too! Decisions, decisions.
Eagle2Nitro is online now Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCG Hover King Title
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:28 PM
Registered User
United States, LA, Jena
Joined Jan 2011
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2Nitro View Post
Yup! Just spent the morning at the Red Stick R/C club field. Wonderful day for micros, less than 5 mph. wind. I got to fly a friend's Twisted Hobbies Extra Slick, it was awesome. Soooo smooth. My next plane is going to be a TH 32", either the Crack Yak or the MXS-C. Another guy had the TH Crack Turbo Beaver, that looks awesome too! Decisions, decisions.
Man I wish I lived where I could participate in a club! I have to drive 2.5 hrs for the nearest! It was a good day though! This evening was like flying indoors without the walls. I have been watching the videos on the Crack Yak. WOW.
sperry12 is online now Find More Posts by sperry12
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:05 PM
RCG Hover King
Eagle2Nitro's Avatar
United States, LA, St Francisville
Joined Apr 2014
773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry12 View Post
Man I wish I lived where I could participate in a club! I have to drive 2.5 hrs for the nearest! It was a good day though! This evening was like flying indoors without the walls. I have been watching the videos on the Crack Yak. WOW.
The Red Stick club field is 45+ minutes away from me, and I have seven younger siblings, so I can only go to the field once every 3-5 weeks. That's why I fly mostly micros.

The TH planes are the best, but you pay for it.
Eagle2Nitro is online now Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCG Hover King Title
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:26 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
2,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2Nitro View Post
The Red Stick club field is 45+ minutes away from me, and I have seven younger siblings, so I can only go to the field once every 3-5 weeks. That's why I fly mostly micros.

The TH planes are the best, but you pay for it.
Yes the TH planes r high dollar,,,,,,You can tell your mom and dad that u will be saving them GAS MONEY by not ever haveing to take u to a flying field ever again........ Hover Kong...ha haha ha
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:35 PM
RCG Hover King
Eagle2Nitro's Avatar
United States, LA, St Francisville
Joined Apr 2014
773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
Yes the TH planes r high dollar,,,,,,You can tell your mom and dad that u will be saving them GAS MONEY by not ever haveing to take u to a flying field ever again........ Hover Kong...ha haha ha





.
Eagle2Nitro is online now Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCG Hover King Title
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:53 PM
Registered User
United States, LA, Jena
Joined Jan 2011
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2Nitro View Post





.
Eagle what do you think the build time would be for the 32" Crack Yak?? Man I can't get off that site! I just always looked at HH. I now want to expand my horizons after digging around TH!
sperry12 is online now Find More Posts by sperry12
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:12 PM
RCG Hover King
Eagle2Nitro's Avatar
United States, LA, St Francisville
Joined Apr 2014
773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry12 View Post
Eagle what do you think the build time would be for the 32" Crack Yak?? Man I can't get off that site! I just always looked at HH. I now want to expand my horizons after digging around TH!
Let me get this straight, you want to expand your horizons by buying from someone other than Horizon?

I don't have a TH plane YET. If you take it slow and make sure everything is perfect, probably 3-4 Hrs? Somebody with a few TH 32"s correct me if I'm wrong.
Eagle2Nitro is online now Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCG Hover King Title
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion ParkZone Ultra Micro T-28!!! THE Owners Thread!!!! dkintx Micro Ready-to-Fly 10140 Today 05:06 PM
Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread - Part 2 monitor Parkflyers 2602 Jun 15, 2014 05:51 PM
Discussion UM beast, Now your talking qman Micro Ready-to-Fly 102 Dec 22, 2010 11:39 AM
Discussion The first OFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi SU-26XP BNF by ParkZone Owners thread skyjet Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Mar 19, 2010 04:00 PM
Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread monitor Parkflyers 913 Oct 04, 2005 10:02 PM