SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 17, 2014, 09:19 AM
Joined Nov 2013
38 Posts
Discussion
Free-Wing EDF Models. So Far So Good.

Hello Pilots, My name is Matt Maryan, I'm a Customer Service Tech with Motion RC, based out of Lake Barrington, IL USA. I've recently started flying EDF Jets. For several years, I've flown Nitro & Electric Warbirds. The reason, I've started considering buying EDF's is other pilots input, before it was trial & error. You could find a little information that would present itself, but most of the time. Information ended with buyer beware! Now, it seems the Manufacture; Free-Wing, has built some EDF's that truly fly well. Good power & detail, along with a structurally sound vessel, hard to find back two years ago. Either had good this or that- but, a complete EDF that would fly? (NOT)...Well, maybe others like you, have input too share about EDF JETS; on the Market. I'd love to hear about your experience, so I can pass along to others- starting out with JETS. It seems to be coming along nicely and the cost is reasonable. Thank you very much for taking time out to share! Matt Maryan with Motion RC
starcop is offline Find More Posts by starcop
Last edited by starcop; Jul 17, 2014 at 09:31 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2014, 01:01 PM
Ottawa Canada
Joined Feb 2004
812 Posts
The Go-to-EDF Experience and you will learn E-Jets International

I would say if you go to OHIO this fall you see and learn everything you ever wanted about EDF jets

I'am from Ottawa Canada and have visited E-Jets International in Ohio for several years now and the experience is the greatest

Besides getting to fly EDF jets you will see all the newest stuff hitting the market
I remember seeing the Eflite Habu 32 prototype and Phantom II long before it was available - When you see stuff demonstrated it sure put the hook in to pull the trigger on new products.

I currently fly both the Taft Viperjet 90 and the Freewing Stinger 90 and love them both - great trainers that get you up to speed after many flights on both Iam feeling ready to try the Habu 32 - But I wont put the others away in a hurry cause they are so great to fly without any hassels.

One note both the Taft and Stinger used 3 drops of glue to hold the retracts in place and once they were re-glued with epoxy havn't had any issues

Check out E-Jets International you won't be sorry
Lots of expert pilots about to teach you everything with out making you feel stupid

Would be cool to see MotionRC there with a tent?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2105134
Ken Park is offline Find More Posts by Ken Park
Last edited by Ken Park; Jul 18, 2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 01:14 PM
BM3
?EDM or EDF?
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Aug 2013
156 Posts
That would be a really awesome event to go to. I will be receiving my 2nd freewing jet today and really looking forward to it! The FW models seem to be ahead of the competition.
BM3 is offline Find More Posts by BM3
Old Jul 18, 2014, 04:14 PM
Joined Nov 2013
38 Posts
Thank you both for your input. Ken, yes, I'm sure at some point Motion RC will have a tent with lots to share and talk about. I'd say we are in the infantcy of teaching the manufacture our American way of doing things. We made products; "the American way", hopefully people have not forgotten that. There is a difference, just looking at where it all started. Calling something certified meant it was of good quality. These are terms and things we are teaching the China products maker. Just look at EDF Jets, FMS Airpplanes, they are better than last years. So, little by little, we work to better the standards.
starcop is offline Find More Posts by starcop
Old Jul 19, 2014, 08:44 PM
Watt me worry?
Florida
Joined Mar 2006
4,156 Posts
Most all you EDF pilots know me from here on line in these EDf threads. I have been flying EDF for a long time and I just want to say Motion RC is one of the best online rc business I have dealt with.............and I love the Stinger 90 by Freewing..........I have not touched my composite models since I have been flying this model..........just saying.
Madmax1965 is online now Find More Posts by Madmax1965
Old Jul 22, 2014, 07:28 PM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Jan 2009
77 Posts
First edf flight was this past weekend. Stinger 90 from motionrc. Thanks
Freewing Stinger 90 Maiden Flight (2 min 37 sec)
jason4vu is offline Find More Posts by jason4vu
Old Jul 22, 2014, 09:01 PM
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
will be receiving my 2nd freewing jet today and really looking forward to it! The FW models seem to be ahead of the competition.
mowcaserecip is offline Find More Posts by mowcaserecip