HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:26 AM
United States, NC, Durham
Joined May 2012
8 Posts
Help!
can someone help me on what i need and how to install a gas engine

Beginner what do i need to get my gas engine running i have the engine but i neex to know what else i need
Marcm1 is offline Find More Posts by Marcm1
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2013, 05:47 AM
Wilson NC 27896
Joined Apr 2009
764 Posts
You'll need to be a tad bit more specific as to what you have. What motor & airframe you have would be a good place to start, and you will start getting some answers....Gene
gene6029 is offline Find More Posts by gene6029
Old Mar 21, 2013, 09:30 AM
United States, NC, Durham
Joined May 2012
8 Posts
I have a os max la 40 engine its beed mounted and i know where the fuel lines go,i just need to know what i need and how to install it to my engine
Marcm1 is offline Find More Posts by Marcm1
Old Mar 21, 2013, 09:48 AM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,564 Posts
to start with! its not a good thing double posting! most of us keep an eye on all the forums!

it would also help knowing what plane you are putting the engine in! weather it will be a rail mount, or need a motor mount, for a 46la I would use a minimum of 4-40.

I must assume that you picked up a second hand plane, as most come with some kida instructions how to mount the engine!

pic's would help! emunsly!
whiskykid is offline Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sig Mustang 450
Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:35 AM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskykid View Post
to start with! its not a good thing double posting! most of us keep an eye on all the forums!

it would also help knowing what plane you are putting the engine in! weather it will be a rail mount, or need a motor mount, for a 46la I would use a minimum of 4-40.

I must assume that you picked up a second hand plane, as most come with some kida instructions how to mount the engine!

pic's would help! emunsly!
DIDDO
Having just responded to the OTHER post I was going to post the same.
scootrb4 is offline Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Mar 21, 2013, 09:19 PM
United States, SC, Columbia
Joined May 2010
1,364 Posts
This is actually the third thread with the same question. No need for cross posting, Marcm1, it's frowned upon by the forum administrators.

Aside from that, welcome to RCG.
RknRusty is offline Find More Posts by RknRusty
Old Mar 23, 2013, 08:55 AM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,334 Posts
http://www.hooked-on-rc-airplanes.co...ne-engine.html

Lots of good information above
A simple Google search found a plethora of good topics.

https://www.google.com/search?q=diag...ient=firefox-a
scootrb4 is offline Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:51 PM
United States, IL, Naperville
Joined Sep 2005
109 Posts
Best to find the nearest RC field, join the local rc club and let someone help you with things. The engine you mentioned is a glow (runs on methanol with nitroand a lubricant mixture) engine, not gasoline. Welcome to the hobby.
rheumatical is offline Find More Posts by rheumatical