HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM
Joined Jan 2014
7 Posts
Discussion
Seawind missing part

Well my Seawind came in today. Looks to be beautifully made.

But, as I've come to learn lately, missing parts are not unusual. Mine in missing the thumbscrew that holds the rudder to the bracket, rendering the craft useless.

Any ideas to source a temporary replacement until I can get SailRC to send me a new part?
wincrasher is offline Find More Posts by wincrasher
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM
United States, KS, Wichita
Joined Feb 2008
363 Posts
I used a hex head screw (stainless) from the local hardware store because I used to hate the set screw older boats used to have (they later replaced that with a thumbscrew thankfully). It worked fine. I don't recall the required size, but that is what I would suggest.... Ace Hardware is what I use and would recommend them if you have one in your area...
flatlandsailor is offline Find More Posts by flatlandsailor