SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 08, 2014, 03:54 PM
Joined Jul 2014
61 Posts
Discussion
Please recomend a free flight sim with 3d plane to practice with

Hello,
Searching for free flight sim with 3d does not really give me the search results im after - most flight simulators have 3d graphics and this makes finding 3d trick flying and free hard.

I was using one in the past, but that xp pc is pretty well dead now... sorry for my ineptitude.

Can anyone give me the heads up on a freebie trainer that will let me try out a 3d style plane? I got my old work pc with xp and i am able to get my transmitter to function as a joystick again - was having problems with this for weeks now. ppjoy doesnt work on win7 or on a macbook... using a hk t6a currently.
LemonC is offline Find More Posts by LemonC
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2014, 07:30 PM
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Apr 2013
799 Posts
FMS with added planes well do 3d how good I do not fly 3d try it. clearview SE has a few 3d planes you can download flying site and 4-3d planes for $10.00. There are better simulators out there but these do work. Right now my Fms has over 100 planes on it flying.
papadwight is offline Find More Posts by papadwight
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Them Old time Simulators.
Old Oct 09, 2014, 10:46 AM
Joined Jul 2014
61 Posts
Thanks! i didnt know FMS had so many options! i just dl'd enough new models i should be busy for a few months for sure. thanks for the heads up.
Old Oct 09, 2014, 12:01 PM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
USA, VA, Chantilly
Joined Apr 2002
1,702 Posts
Just a reminder, FMS has 2 versions that work. FMS 2 beta 7 only works with beta 7 physics files which are not as good as alpha 8. FMS 2 alpha 8 is the latest version but requires more system dependencies to work correctly. Alpha 8 will work with both types of airplanes.
ggunners is offline Find More Posts by ggunners
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2014, 03:29 PM
Joined Jul 2014
61 Posts
I'm using Version 2.0 Alpha 8.5 (Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP).

Thank you for the heads up!

i dl'd 105 different planes this morning. lots of foamie build type planes in there (what i fly...) !
Old Oct 25, 2014, 12:25 AM
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Apr 2013
799 Posts
Here are pictures where to find so many planes for free simulator and some of the best site's and designer's Many plane's OK and many planes great. It took a lot of great people to make all these great free plane's. Thank you so much. I never stop being impressed by seeing the post you may see and by who here.
papadwight is offline Find More Posts by papadwight
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Them Old time Simulators.