HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2014, 09:04 AM
Team WarpSquad
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Jan 2014
3,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tha beast View Post
i believe Ive got a bad ACC on my flip 1.5 i noticed it a few days ago when the quad just started doing its own thing while in the air. and now today I was working on my PIDs and all of a sudden i notice the quad image on the Multiwii config just started moving around on its own and the blue led would not stop flashing. I tried recalibrating the ACC, but it just seems to have gotten worse. The flip will cause my config to just freeze up on me sometimes, and sometimes it calibrates just fine but then flips out again. Its very random sometimes the blue led flashes even faster than it normally does other times it won't flash at all and sometimes it works just fine for about 45 seconds. I have also had it reset itself i mean all the PIDs where set back to default settings just randomly. anyone ever had that happen?
Are you seeing any I2C errors in the MW GUI?
If so then there is a problem reading the sensors.

Losing the PIDs, getting set to default, is odd. Are you sure you are using the exact same version of the MW GUI as the code loaded in the Flip? If you run mis-matched version this will cause issues.

It is possible there is some dirt or grass on the board (maybe under a chip) that is causing an intermittent short circuit. I have had this happen with every FC I've used and this can cause every problem you've seen. Examine the board carefully with a good magnifier and use a brush to clean out anything you see.
While you are examining the board with the magnified, also look at all the solder joints on the parts. It is possible one is not good and causing the problem. Re-flow and bad solder joints.

Lastly, get a new Flip board, they are inexpensive. I keep spares just so if I kill one I can get back in the air quickly.
waltr is offline Find More Posts by waltr
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2014, 06:04 PM
Joined Jun 2009
293 Posts
Where do I hook up spectrum sat wires? I see the 3.3 and gnd.... Also, if I'm using a Bluetooth and a sat, can I program through the BT and still use thee sat at the same time? If so, where do I hook up the BT? I know I can do the BT on the side with the Rx tx gnd bla bla bla.... But where does the sat hook up?
jt41time is offline Find More Posts by jt41time
Old Nov 23, 2014, 08:32 PM
Team WarpSquad
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Jan 2014
3,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt41time View Post
Where do I hook up spectrum sat wires? I see the 3.3 and gnd.... Also, if I'm using a Bluetooth and a sat, can I program through the BT and still use thee sat at the same time? If so, where do I hook up the BT? I know I can do the BT on the side with the Rx tx gnd bla bla bla.... But where does the sat hook up?
Look in the config.h under "Spektrum Satellite Reciver" for info on connecting.
Spektrum Sat is a serial interface that uses RX1.
This also seems to preclude the use of BT since this also need the serial port.

Did you read through and/or search this thread ???????
waltr is offline Find More Posts by waltr
Last edited by waltr; Nov 23, 2014 at 08:54 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:26 AM
Joined Jun 2009
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltr View Post
Look in the config.h under "Spektrum Satellite Reciver" for info on connecting.
Spektrum Sat is a serial interface that uses RX1.
This also seems to preclude the use of BT since this also need the serial port.

Did you read through and/or search this thread ???????
I did not read all 260+ pages...... But i did read alot and yes, I did search.
jt41time is offline Find More Posts by jt41time